1. From what point of view is the novel written?
2. What is the occupation of Lee's father?
3. In what year does Lee's story take place?
4. Of what stone is Lee the only one of four children to show the telltale signs?
5. How long had Lee's family been on the run before returning to their home as Lee describes in the beginning of the prologue?
6. From what war does Lee's neighbors think the 'bandits' who attacked Lee's family were remnants of?
7. Where was Carrie hiding when Lee found her?
8. What shortage does Dr. Longbranch hope Jack's surgery might prove an end to?
This section contains 4,881 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)