|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen: Cumbria.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Will make for Garrett slamming into the net during soccer tryouts?
(a) He stumbled over the ball.
(b) Jack pushed him.
(c) Fitch pushed him.
(d) He tripped.
2. What does Nick call Leander Hastings?
(a) A Master, one who knows many magical arts.
(b) A Sorcerer, one who can use spells to get his way.
(c) A rogue Warrior, meaning he does not follow the rules.
(d) An International Criminal, wanted by all the weirs for crimes against the Rules of Engagement.
3. In Chapter 12, what does Jack see as he visits Westminster Abbey?
(a) Warrior ghosts.
(b) Cool artifacts.
(c) His aunt flirting with the caretaker.
(d) Wizards who want to kidnap him.
4. In Chapter 6, why does Jack worry that hiding his powers might become difficult?
(a) They create great lights from his fingers.
(b) They make his arm muscles grow extremely large overnight.
(c) They tend to manifest during soccer play.
(d) They cause him to lose control of his limbs.
5. From what point of view is the novel written?
(a) Authorial voice.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Third person omniscient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Jack buy for Ellen?
2. What is the name of the cafe where Will, Jack, and Fitch wait repeatedly to meet with Linda or speak to her on the phone?
3. In Chapter 10, whom does Jack discover at his house when he arrives home after his fight with Lobeck?
4. Why does Dr. Longbranch suggest a story of Jack's death to Linda?
5. In Chapter 8, what problems does Jack point out about the Rules of Engagement?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)