|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen: Cumbria.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, how does Jack disable Dr. Longbranch?
(a) He touches her shoulder and releases magic into her.
(b) He hits her on the head with a bed pan.
(c) He casts a spell on her.
(d) He allows Linda to enchant her.
2. What truth does Jack learn about many of his neighbors that surprises him?
(a) They are all warriors.
(b) Many of them are either weir or know about the guilds.
(c) They are all wizards.
(d) They are all normal people who just care about him.
3. In Chapter 9, why does Hastings say he can no longer serve as Jack's opponent?
(a) Jack has gotten too good for his skills.
(b) Jack is now using Shadowslayer.
(c) Jack needs to learn what it feels like to kill.
(d) Jack has gotten too strong for him.
4. What is the name carved on the ruins Linda visits at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) A. Hastynges.
(b) L. Hastings.
(c) A. Hastens.
5. In Chapter 12, what does Dr. Longbranch guess from Jack's physical condition?
(a) He is too weak to fight in the Games.
(b) He could fight in the Games even while still taking the medication.
(c) He is still taking the medication.
(d) He has stopped taking the medicatioin and has been training.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stone should Dr. Longbranch have inserted in Jack during the surgery?
2. What is different about Susannah's grave as compared to the graves around it?
3. What is the Rules of Engagement?
4. Why does Jack believe in Chapter 3 that Linda did not ask him to drive?
5. What is the name of the cafe where Will, Jack, and Fitch wait repeatedly to meet with Linda or speak to her on the phone?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)