|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen: Cumbria.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, why does Hastings say he can no longer serve as Jack's opponent?
(a) Jack has gotten too good for his skills.
(b) Jack has gotten too strong for him.
(c) Jack needs to learn what it feels like to kill.
(d) Jack is now using Shadowslayer.
2. In Chapter 8, what problems does Jack point out about the Rules of Engagement?
(a) It is outdated.
(b) It is written in a difficult language.
(c) It is inherently unfair to Wizards.
(d) It is unclear about certain key points.
3. What does Jack do with the remnants of his drink that seemed to kill the carp in the river?
(a) Threw it away.
(b) Gave it to Linda.
(c) Threw it in the river.
(d) Put it in a plastic bag.
4. Where was the last Games held?
5. What does Hastings say is the reward of winning the Games?
(a) The right to love whomever he wants.
(b) Fame and fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hastings, who are the people that he conjures up with his charms for Jack to practice against?
2. What caused Jack to stay up too late the night before his soccer tryouts?
3. Whose mother is a member of the school board?
4. In Chapter 12, what does Jack see as he visits Westminster Abbey?
5. Where did Dr. Longbranch get the stone that she implanted in Jack?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)