|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: The Bout and Chapter Ten: The Street Fight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Hastings take Jack in Chapter 7 for their first training session?
(a) A fitness club.
(b) The mountains.
(c) An empty soccer field.
(d) The school gym.
2. What explanation does Will make for Garrett slamming into the net during soccer tryouts?
(a) He stumbled over the ball.
(b) He tripped.
(c) Fitch pushed him.
(d) Jack pushed him.
3. What object does Mr. Hastings want Jack to move with nothing but his magic?
(a) A top.
(b) A fencing sword.
(c) A ball.
(d) A glass.
4. Who does Linda tell Jack are the most powerful among the weirs?
5. In Chapter 6, why does Jack tell Becka he has moved his medicine to the bathroom?
(a) He can remember it better if he sees it first thing in the morning.
(b) It tastes better first thing in the morning.
(c) It will be easier to remember if he takes it before brushing his teeth.
(d) It's more convenient to keep it with the other medicines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Becka not good at that Jack had to take control of as a young child?
2. How long had Lee's family been on the run before returning to their home as Lee describes in the beginning of the prologue?
3. What is different about Susannah's grave as compared to the graves around it?
4. What is the name carved on the ruins Linda visits at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What does Nick call Leander Hastings?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)