|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: The Bout and Chapter Ten: The Street Fight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Linda want to go to Coalton County in Chapter 2?
(a) A vacation.
(b) Research for a book.
(c) Genealogy research.
(d) Antique shopping.
2. What does the newspaper article Jack finds in the library say about the cause of death for Susannah Downy?
(a) A broken neck.
(b) Crush injuries from a horse.
(c) A gash to the chest.
(d) A gun wound.
3. Why does Will not want Linda to drop him off at his house at the end of the weekend?
(a) He is afraid his parents are angry with him.
(b) There is still mulch to be spread.
(c) He wants to avoid his many younger siblings.
(d) He wants to spend more time with Linda.
4. Whose mother is a member of the school board?
5. Where does Mr. Hastings take Jack in Chapter 7 for their first training session?
(a) The mountains.
(b) An empty soccer field.
(c) The school gym.
(d) A fitness club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Jack to stay up too late the night before his soccer tryouts?
2. Whom does Jack notice as paying more romantic interest in him despite her boyfriend?
3. Where does Linda take Jack to tell him the secrets of his heritage?
4. What does Mr. Hastings tell Jack is the first step to controlling his powers?
5. What does Nick tell Jack is the main product among agents in the Trade?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)