|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: The Bout and Chapter Ten: The Street Fight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Jack to stay up too late the night before his soccer tryouts?
(a) A new book.
(b) A movie marathon.
(d) A new video game.
2. In Chapter 6, why does Jack worry that hiding his powers might become difficult?
(a) They make his arm muscles grow extremely large overnight.
(b) They cause him to lose control of his limbs.
(c) They create great lights from his fingers.
(d) They tend to manifest during soccer play.
3. Who is with Becka in the kitchen when Jack awakes in Chapter 2?
4. What does Linda tell Jack he will find at Susannah's grave?
(a) A weapon.
(b) A diary.
(c) A treasure box.
(d) A Weirbook.
5. What object does Mr. Hastings want Jack to move with nothing but his magic?
(a) A fencing sword.
(b) A top.
(c) A ball.
(d) A glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests in Chapter 3 that Linda separate from the boys in Coal Grove to draw off the strange attacker?
2. What does Jack suddenly realize about his aunt at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. From what point of view is the novel written?
4. What does Jack consider as Nick's specialty when it comes to school subjects?
5. Rather than attend a party, Jack decides to walk home with whom in Chapter 10?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)