|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: The Bout and Chapter Ten: The Street Fight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Linda gain entrance into the courthouse in Coal Grove?
(a) Through a window.
(b) Through a back door.
(c) Through a basement door.
(d) Through a garage door.
2. How long had Lee's family been on the run before returning to their home as Lee describes in the beginning of the prologue?
(a) Six months.
(b) A week.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) A month.
3. Where did Dr. Longbranch get the stone that she implanted in Jack?
(a) From a distant relative of Jack's.
(b) A White Rose warrior killed by Red Rose agents.
(c) From Jack's father.
(d) A warrior who died in the Games.
4. What object does Mr. Hastings want Jack to move with nothing but his magic?
(a) A fencing sword.
(b) A ball.
(c) A top.
(d) A glass.
5. From what point of view is the novel written?
(a) Authorial voice.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) First person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick call Leander Hastings?
2. What does Jack realize is fairly routine for his aunt in Chapter 5?
3. According to Hastings, who are the people that he conjures up with his charms for Jack to practice against?
4. What will be Leander Hastings' primary job at Trinity High School?
5. What does the newspaper article Jack finds in the library say about the cause of death for Susannah Downy?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)