|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: The Bout and Chapter Ten: The Street Fight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch do after leaving the library in Chapter 4?
(a) Go shopping for supplies.
(b) Go back to the hotel to swim.
(c) Go to have lunch.
(d) Go to find Linda.
2. Why does Linda want to go to Coalton County in Chapter 2?
(a) Antique shopping.
(b) Genealogy research.
(c) A vacation.
(d) Research for a book.
3. What is the cause of death listed for Susannah Downy in the courthouse records found in Chapter 3?
(d) Child birth.
4. What stone should Dr. Longbranch have inserted in Jack during the surgery?
(a) A warrior stone.
(b) An enchanter's stone.
(c) A sorcerer stone.
(d) A wizard stone.
5. In Chapter 8, why is Jack worried about his aunt, Linda?
(a) She refuses to acknowledge the conversation they had at the diner.
(b) She went out with Nick several days ago and never called again.
(c) She seemed mad at him the last time she called.
(d) She has not called since their trip to Coal Grove.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Mr. Hastings want Jack to move with nothing but his magic?
2. What does Linda tell Jack he will find at Susannah's grave?
3. What does the newspaper article Jack finds in the library say about the cause of death for Susannah Downy?
4. According to Hastings, who are the people that he conjures up with his charms for Jack to practice against?
5. Who does Linda say can be the only one to open the object Jack is to find at Susannah's grave?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)