|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: The Bout and Chapter Ten: The Street Fight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what type of fighting are Jack and Mr. Hastings participating in?
2. What is Mr. Hastings response when Jack asks if the power he feels when he holds Shadowslayer is coming from the sword or from within himself?
3. Who once brought Linda to these ruins and told her of the tragedy that took place there?
4. What does Hastings tell Jack to think of his opponents in the arena he has created?
(a) As a sports tournament.
(b) As a movie set.
(c) As a video game on a larger scale.
(d) As a chess game on a larger scale.
5. What reason does Mr. Hastings give Jack for coming to Ohio from New York?
(a) He wanted to meet the warrior that should have been a wizard.
(b) He could not say no to Linda.
(c) He wanted to become a teacher.
(d) He could not refuse Becka.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Jack's former girlfriend?
2. Whom does Jack notice as paying more romantic interest in him despite her boyfriend?
3. In Chapter 10, to what does Jack attribute Ellen's ability to help him in the fight against Lobeck and his friends?
4. What does Jack consider as Nick's specialty when it comes to school subjects?
5. What is the name of the cafe where Will, Jack, and Fitch wait repeatedly to meet with Linda or speak to her on the phone?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)