|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: The Bout and Chapter Ten: The Street Fight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack believe in Chapter 3 that Linda did not ask him to drive?
(a) He does not have his learner's permit.
(b) He is not experienced enough.
(c) He would not drive fast enough.
(d) She does not want him to damage her car.
2. What occupation was listed for Susannah Downy in the records at the courthouse in Chapter 3?
(a) Merchant's wife.
(b) Farmer's wife.
3. Of what stone is Lee the only one of four children to show the telltale signs?
4. What caused Jack to stay up too late the night before his soccer tryouts?
(a) A new video game.
(b) A new book.
(d) A movie marathon.
5. What does Jack realize is fairly routine for his aunt in Chapter 5?
(a) Using fake IDs, switching cars.
(b) Lying to the people who are closest to her.
(c) Trying to lose guys who want to date her.
(d) Spending money like it grows on trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stone should Dr. Longbranch have inserted in Jack during the surgery?
2. What injury does Jack suffer in the championship game while contributing to the winning goal?
3. Where did Dr. Longbranch get the stone that she implanted in Jack?
4. What reason does Mr. Hastings give Jack for coming to Ohio from New York?
5. Who does Linda say can be the only one to open the object Jack is to find at Susannah's grave?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)