|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: The Bout and Chapter Ten: The Street Fight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what war does Lee's neighbors think the 'bandits' who attacked Lee's family were remnants of?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The Mexican War.
(c) The Revolutionary War.
(d) The Spanish-American War.
2. What is the name carved on the ruins Linda visits at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) A. Hastynges.
(c) A. Hastens.
(d) L. Hastings.
3. In Chapter 10, whom does Jack discover at his house when he arrives home after his fight with Lobeck?
4. What object does Mr. Hastings want Jack to move with nothing but his magic?
(a) A glass.
(b) A ball.
(c) A fencing sword.
(d) A top.
5. In Chapter 8, what problems does Jack point out about the Rules of Engagement?
(a) It is unclear about certain key points.
(b) It is inherently unfair to Wizards.
(c) It is outdated.
(d) It is written in a difficult language.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what point of view is the novel written?
2. In Chapter 6, why does Jack tell Becka he has moved his medicine to the bathroom?
3. Why does Linda want to go to Coalton County in Chapter 2?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what type of fighting are Jack and Mr. Hastings participating in?
5. Where was Carrie hiding when Lee found her?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)