|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: The Bout and Chapter Ten: The Street Fight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Mr. Hastings give Jack for coming to Ohio from New York?
(a) He could not say no to Linda.
(b) He wanted to become a teacher.
(c) He wanted to meet the warrior that should have been a wizard.
(d) He could not refuse Becka.
2. From what war does Lee's neighbors think the 'bandits' who attacked Lee's family were remnants of?
(a) The Spanish-American War.
(b) The Mexican War.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) The Revolutionary War.
3. In Chapter 9, what does Jack think his training is leading him toward?
(a) Some kind of challenge.
(b) To protect his aunt from wizards.
(c) To protect himself from kidnappers.
(d) Greater understanding of Weir.
4. What injury does Jack suffer in the championship game while contributing to the winning goal?
(a) A bruised rib.
(b) A sprained wrist.
(c) A twisted ankle.
(d) A broken toe.
5. What is the cause of death listed for Susannah Downy in the courthouse records found in Chapter 3?
(a) Child birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Jack's former girlfriend?
2. What happens to the wizard following Linda into the ruins when he steps into the yard?
3. What does Jack see in the mirror Nick gives to him?
4. In Chapter 10, to what does Jack attribute Ellen's ability to help him in the fight against Lobeck and his friends?
5. From what point of view is the novel written?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)