|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: The Bout and Chapter Ten: The Street Fight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Jack say he would like to be when he grows up?
2. What type of surgery does Jack believe Dr. Longbranch performed on him when he was an infant?
(a) Liver surgery.
(b) Heart surgery.
(c) Lung surgery.
(d) Brain surgery.
3. In Chapter 9, what happens when Hastings drives Jack home to get Shadowslayer before their practice session?
(a) Nick and Hastings argue.
(b) Mercedes makes Hastings leave.
(c) Hastings is rude to Becka.
(d) Hastings flirts with Becka.
4. What does the newspaper article Jack finds in the library say about the cause of death for Susannah Downy?
(a) Crush injuries from a horse.
(b) A broken neck.
(c) A gash to the chest.
(d) A gun wound.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what type of fighting are Jack and Mr. Hastings participating in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of Lee's father?
2. Why does Linda want to go to Coalton County in Chapter 2?
3. What is the name carved on the ruins Linda visits at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. According to Hastings, who are the people that he conjures up with his charms for Jack to practice against?
5. What object does Mr. Hastings want Jack to move with nothing but his magic?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)