|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: The Bout and Chapter Ten: The Street Fight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rather than attend a party, Jack decides to walk home with whom in Chapter 10?
2. Sam Hadley tells Jack he is __________.
(a) A genealogy researcher.
(b) A college professor.
(c) An archeologist.
(d) A historian.
3. What object does Mr. Hastings want Jack to move with nothing but his magic?
(a) A fencing sword.
(b) A glass.
(c) A top.
(d) A ball.
4. What is the cause of death listed for Susannah Downy in the courthouse records found in Chapter 3?
(a) Child birth.
5. What reason does Mr. Hastings give Jack for coming to Ohio from New York?
(a) He could not say no to Linda.
(b) He wanted to become a teacher.
(c) He wanted to meet the warrior that should have been a wizard.
(d) He could not refuse Becka.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what damage does Longbranch notice in Wylie's face when he arrives for a dinner party?
2. What does Hastings tell Jack to think of his opponents in the arena he has created?
3. Whom does Linda tell Jack in Chapter 5 that he should not trust?
4. In Chapter 10, whom does Jack discover at his house when he arrives home after his fight with Lobeck?
5. Why does Linda want to go to Coalton County in Chapter 2?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)