|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven: Beginner Warrioring and Chapter Eight: The Apprentice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, why does Jack tell Becka he has moved his medicine to the bathroom?
(a) He can remember it better if he sees it first thing in the morning.
(b) It tastes better first thing in the morning.
(c) It's more convenient to keep it with the other medicines.
(d) It will be easier to remember if he takes it before brushing his teeth.
2. Sam Hadley tells Jack he is __________.
(a) An archeologist.
(b) A college professor.
(c) A genealogy researcher.
(d) A historian.
3. What does the newspaper article Jack finds in the library say about the cause of death for Susannah Downy?
(a) A gun wound.
(b) Crush injuries from a horse.
(c) A broken neck.
(d) A gash to the chest.
4. Why does Will quickly agree to go to Coalton County with Jack and his aunt in Chapter 2?
(a) He thinks Linda is pretty.
(b) He wants to escape family game night.
(c) He wants to stay in a hotel with a pool.
(d) He likes to help people out.
5. In Chapter 8, what problems does Jack point out about the Rules of Engagement?
(a) It is unclear about certain key points.
(b) It is outdated.
(c) It is written in a difficult language.
(d) It is inherently unfair to Wizards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests in Chapter 3 that Linda separate from the boys in Coal Grove to draw off the strange attacker?
2. What is Dr. Longbranch's stone?
3. What does Nick call Leander Hastings?
4. In Chapter 8, why is Jack worried about his aunt, Linda?
5. One whole room of Nick's apartment is dedicated to _____________.
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)