|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven: Beginner Warrioring and Chapter Eight: The Apprentice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Hastings take Jack in Chapter 7 for their first training session?
(a) The school gym.
(b) An empty soccer field.
(c) A fitness club.
(d) The mountains.
2. Where does Jack tell Will and Fitch to run when they are confronted by the wizard at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) The grave.
(b) The church.
(c) The car.
(d) The hotel.
3. In Chapter 8, what problems does Jack point out about the Rules of Engagement?
(a) It is written in a difficult language.
(b) It is unclear about certain key points.
(c) It is outdated.
(d) It is inherently unfair to Wizards.
4. What does Jack realize is fairly routine for his aunt in Chapter 5?
(a) Lying to the people who are closest to her.
(b) Using fake IDs, switching cars.
(c) Trying to lose guys who want to date her.
(d) Spending money like it grows on trees.
5. What does Linda tell Jack is a possible reason why he was born without his crystal?
(a) The spell of a wizard.
(b) His father's family history.
(c) A simple birth defect.
(d) Mixed blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Hastings response when Jack asks if the power he feels when he holds Shadowslayer is coming from the sword or from within himself?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what type of fighting are Jack and Mr. Hastings participating in?
3. What type of surgery does Jack believe Dr. Longbranch performed on him when he was an infant?
4. Who once brought Linda to these ruins and told her of the tragedy that took place there?
5. Whom does Linda tell Jack in Chapter 5 that he should not trust?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)