|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven: Beginner Warrioring and Chapter Eight: The Apprentice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the newspaper article Jack finds in the library say about the cause of death for Susannah Downy?
(a) A broken neck.
(b) A gash to the chest.
(c) A gun wound.
(d) Crush injuries from a horse.
2. Linda tells everyone her job is _______________.
(a) Selling real estate.
(b) Selling art.
(c) Selling antiques.
(d) Painting portraits.
3. Why does Linda want to go to Coalton County in Chapter 2?
(a) A vacation.
(b) Genealogy research.
(c) Antique shopping.
(d) Research for a book.
4. Where does Linda take Jack to tell him the secrets of his heritage?
(a) A diner.
5. One whole room of Nick's apartment is dedicated to _____________.
(b) Model airplanes.
(d) Movie posters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people appear to be searching for Jack as he makes his way home?
2. Why does Jack believe in Chapter 3 that Linda did not ask him to drive?
3. From what point of view is the novel written?
4. Who suggests in Chapter 3 that Linda separate from the boys in Coal Grove to draw off the strange attacker?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 8, what type of fighting are Jack and Mr. Hastings participating in?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)