|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four: Shadowslayer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Longbranch want to take baby Jack with her to England in the prologue?
(a) She always wanted kids.
(b) She does not trust Becka to keep quiet about the surgery.
(c) To protect him from others because his value has doubled due to the surgery.
(d) She is afraid Becka cannot care for him properly.
2. What does Fitch find odd about the man who attacked them in the courthouse in Chapter 3?
(a) He carried a sword.
(b) He did not set off any alarms.
(c) He would risk damaging the records.
(d) He was calm.
3. When Jack gets the vest from Mercedes, what other gift from Mercedes does it remind him of?
(a) A favorite teddy bear.
(b) A pair of baby booties.
(c) A childhood sweater.
(d) A baby blanket.
4. What type of surgery does Jack believe Dr. Longbranch performed on him when he was an infant?
(a) Brain surgery.
(b) Heart surgery.
(c) Lung surgery.
(d) Liver surgery.
5. What happens to the wizard following Linda into the ruins when he steps into the yard?
(a) He dies.
(b) He is attacked by mythical creatures.
(c) He falls to the ground in pain.
(d) He disappears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests in Chapter 3 that Linda separate from the boys in Coal Grove to draw off the strange attacker?
2. What does the newspaper article Jack finds in the library say about the cause of death for Susannah Downy?
3. What class do Jack and Ellen discuss in homeroom in Chapter 1?
4. What shortage does Dr. Longbranch hope Jack's surgery might prove an end to?
5. How long had Lee's family been on the run before returning to their home as Lee describes in the beginning of the prologue?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)