|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two: The Road Trip and Chapter Three: Digging Up Dead Relatives.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation was listed for Susannah Downy in the records at the courthouse in Chapter 3?
(b) Merchant's wife.
(c) Farmer's wife.
2. What is Becka not good at that Jack had to take control of as a young child?
(b) Keeping a budget.
(d) Cleaning the house.
3. Whose mother is a member of the school board?
4. Why does Dr. Longbranch want to take baby Jack with her to England in the prologue?
(a) She does not trust Becka to keep quiet about the surgery.
(b) She always wanted kids.
(c) To protect him from others because his value has doubled due to the surgery.
(d) She is afraid Becka cannot care for him properly.
5. Linda tells everyone her job is _______________.
(a) Painting portraits.
(b) Selling art.
(c) Selling real estate.
(d) Selling antiques.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what stone is Lee the only one of four children to show the telltale signs?
2. How does Linda gain entrance into the courthouse in Coal Grove?
3. In what year does Lee's story take place?
4. What does Jack consider as Nick's specialty when it comes to school subjects?
5. What shortage does Dr. Longbranch hope Jack's surgery might prove an end to?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)