Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine: The Bout and Chapter Ten: The Street Fight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Hastings response when Jack asks if the power he feels when he holds Shadowslayer is coming from the sword or from within himself?
2. What is the cause of death listed for Susannah Downy in the courthouse records found in Chapter 3?
(d) Child birth.
3. Why does Jack believe in Chapter 3 that Linda did not ask him to drive?
(a) He is not experienced enough.
(b) He does not have his learner's permit.
(c) He would not drive fast enough.
(d) She does not want him to damage her car.
4. From what point of view is the novel written?
(a) Authorial voice.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Third person omniscient.
5. From what war does Lee's neighbors think the 'bandits' who attacked Lee's family were remnants of?
(a) The Revolutionary War.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The Mexican War.
(d) The Spanish-American War.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Lee's story take place?
2. Why does Dr. Longbranch want to take baby Jack with her to England in the prologue?
3. Rather than attend a party, Jack decides to walk home with whom in Chapter 10?
4. What is different about Susannah's grave as compared to the graves around it?
5. What is Dr. Longbranch's stone?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)