|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen: A Summons To Court.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Will quickly agree to go to Coalton County with Jack and his aunt in Chapter 2?
(a) He thinks Linda is pretty.
(b) He wants to escape family game night.
(c) He likes to help people out.
(d) He wants to stay in a hotel with a pool.
2. In Chapter 6, why does Jack tell Becka he has moved his medicine to the bathroom?
(a) It tastes better first thing in the morning.
(b) It will be easier to remember if he takes it before brushing his teeth.
(c) It's more convenient to keep it with the other medicines.
(d) He can remember it better if he sees it first thing in the morning.
3. Why does Dr. Longbranch suggest a story of Jack's death to Linda?
(a) To prevent the Red Rose from knowing he is still alive.
(b) To cover his disappearance when Longbranch takes him to participate in the Games.
(c) To keep Hastings from looking for Jack.
(d) To prevent Becka from trying to find him after he leaves to join the Games.
4. How many bouts does Jeremiah claim to have fought before he died?
(a) Eight or ten.
(b) Fifteen or Seventeen.
(c) Twelve or fourteen.
(d) Five or Six.
5. What does Nick call Leander Hastings?
(a) An International Criminal, wanted by all the weirs for crimes against the Rules of Engagement.
(b) A Sorcerer, one who can use spells to get his way.
(c) A Master, one who knows many magical arts.
(d) A rogue Warrior, meaning he does not follow the rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack suddenly realize about his aunt at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. According to Linda in Chapter 14, who is waiting for Jack and her in Oxford?
3. When Jack gets the vest from Mercedes, what other gift from Mercedes does it remind him of?
4. What caused Jack to stay up too late the night before his soccer tryouts?
5. What does Hastings claim he does with Susannah's warrior stone?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)