|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen: A Summons To Court.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Linda tells everyone her job is _______________.
(a) Selling art.
(b) Painting portraits.
(c) Selling real estate.
(d) Selling antiques.
2. What does Fitch find odd about the man who attacked them in the courthouse in Chapter 3?
(a) He carried a sword.
(b) He was calm.
(c) He did not set off any alarms.
(d) He would risk damaging the records.
3. With what Indians does Jeremiah claim to have lived?
4. In Chapter 8, why is Jack worried about his aunt, Linda?
(a) She seemed mad at him the last time she called.
(b) She went out with Nick several days ago and never called again.
(c) She refuses to acknowledge the conversation they had at the diner.
(d) She has not called since their trip to Coal Grove.
5. According to Linda, who was born a warrior in Hastings family?
(a) His brother, Martin.
(b) His sister, Carrie.
(c) His mother, June.
(d) His father, Abe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the newspaper article Jack finds in the library say about the cause of death for Susannah Downy?
2. What does Nick call Leander Hastings?
3. According to Hastings in Chapter 13, who lives in the area where his family home is located?
4. In Chapter 9, what does Jack think his training is leading him toward?
5. Why does Ellen threaten to pour Jack's drink over his head?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)