|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: The Warrior Heir and Chapter Six: Dangerous Games.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about Susannah's grave as compared to the graves around it?
(a) Susannah's is the only one without a stone.
(b) Susannah's grave is well tended where the others have become overgrown with weeds.
(c) Susannah's is stuck off by itself.
(d) Susannah's is overgrown while the others are well tended.
2. Where was Carrie hiding when Lee found her?
(a) The root cellar.
(b) The barn.
(c) The basement.
(d) The attic.
3. What type of surgery does Jack believe Dr. Longbranch performed on him when he was an infant?
(a) Liver surgery.
(b) Lung surgery.
(c) Heart surgery.
(d) Brain surgery.
4. In Chapter 6, why does Jack worry that hiding his powers might become difficult?
(a) They make his arm muscles grow extremely large overnight.
(b) They tend to manifest during soccer play.
(c) They create great lights from his fingers.
(d) They cause him to lose control of his limbs.
5. Linda tells everyone her job is _______________.
(a) Selling art.
(b) Painting portraits.
(c) Selling antiques.
(d) Selling real estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jack, Will, and Fitch do after leaving the library in Chapter 4?
2. What occupation was listed for Susannah Downy in the records at the courthouse in Chapter 3?
3. Who suggests in Chapter 3 that Linda separate from the boys in Coal Grove to draw off the strange attacker?
4. What is Dr. Longbranch's stone?
5. What is the occupation of Lee's father?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)