|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five: The Warrior Heir and Chapter Six: Dangerous Games.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jack tell Will and Fitch to run when they are confronted by the wizard at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) The church.
(b) The car.
(c) The hotel.
(d) The grave.
2. What truth does Jack learn about many of his neighbors that surprises him?
(a) Many of them are either weir or know about the guilds.
(b) They are all normal people who just care about him.
(c) They are all wizards.
(d) They are all warriors.
3. Who does Linda tell Jack are the most powerful among the weirs?
4. In Chapter 6, why does Jack tell Becka he has moved his medicine to the bathroom?
(a) It tastes better first thing in the morning.
(b) He can remember it better if he sees it first thing in the morning.
(c) It will be easier to remember if he takes it before brushing his teeth.
(d) It's more convenient to keep it with the other medicines.
5. From what point of view is the novel written?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) First person.
(c) Authorial voice.
(d) Third person omniscient.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Lee's story take place?
2. Why does Dr. Longbranch want to take baby Jack with her to England in the prologue?
3. In Chapter 6, why does Jack worry that hiding his powers might become difficult?
4. In Chapter 6, what damage does Longbranch notice in Wylie's face when he arrives for a dinner party?
5. What does Jack realize is fairly routine for his aunt in Chapter 5?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)