|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve: A Visit With Dr. Longbranch.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does Dr. Longbranch guess from Jack's physical condition?
(a) He has stopped taking the medicatioin and has been training.
(b) He is still taking the medication.
(c) He could fight in the Games even while still taking the medication.
(d) He is too weak to fight in the Games.
2. What class do Jack and Ellen discuss in homeroom in Chapter 1?
3. Why does Will not want Linda to drop him off at his house at the end of the weekend?
(a) He is afraid his parents are angry with him.
(b) He wants to avoid his many younger siblings.
(c) There is still mulch to be spread.
(d) He wants to spend more time with Linda.
4. Where does Linda take Jack to tell him the secrets of his heritage?
(d) A diner.
5. In Chapter 10, to what does Jack attribute Ellen's ability to help him in the fight against Lobeck and his friends?
(b) Boxing training.
(c) Soccer training.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, why does Hastings say he can no longer serve as Jack's opponent?
2. What happens to the wizard following Linda into the ruins when he steps into the yard?
3. What does the newspaper article Jack finds in the library say about the cause of death for Susannah Downy?
4. Whose mother is a member of the school board?
5. In Chapter 6, why does Jack worry that hiding his powers might become difficult?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)