|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve: A Visit With Dr. Longbranch.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about Susannah's grave as compared to the graves around it?
(a) Susannah's grave is well tended where the others have become overgrown with weeds.
(b) Susannah's is stuck off by itself.
(c) Susannah's is overgrown while the others are well tended.
(d) Susannah's is the only one without a stone.
2. In Chapter 12, who has a champion that it plans on putting forward for a tournament on Midsummer's Day?
(a) The Silver Bear.
(b) The White Rose.
(c) The Silver Dragon.
(d) The Red Rose.
3. What happens to the lobby doors when Linda and Jack try to exit through them?
(a) They lock.
(b) They explode.
(c) They burst into flames.
(d) They turn to steal.
4. In Chapter 9, what happens when Hastings drives Jack home to get Shadowslayer before their practice session?
(a) Nick and Hastings argue.
(b) Mercedes makes Hastings leave.
(c) Hastings is rude to Becka.
(d) Hastings flirts with Becka.
5. In Chapter 9, why does Hastings say he can no longer serve as Jack's opponent?
(a) Jack is now using Shadowslayer.
(b) Jack needs to learn what it feels like to kill.
(c) Jack has gotten too good for his skills.
(d) Jack has gotten too strong for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack realize is fairly routine for his aunt in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 6, what damage does Longbranch notice in Wylie's face when he arrives for a dinner party?
3. What class do Jack and Ellen discuss in homeroom in Chapter 1?
4. What is the name carved on the ruins Linda visits at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What do the two strangers steal from the soccer coach at the end of Chapter 1?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)