|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve: A Visit With Dr. Longbranch.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does Jack see as he visits Westminster Abbey?
(a) His aunt flirting with the caretaker.
(b) Cool artifacts.
(c) Wizards who want to kidnap him.
(d) Warrior ghosts.
2. Why does Will not want Linda to drop him off at his house at the end of the weekend?
(a) There is still mulch to be spread.
(b) He wants to avoid his many younger siblings.
(c) He is afraid his parents are angry with him.
(d) He wants to spend more time with Linda.
3. What does Jack suddenly realize about his aunt at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) She is his real mother.
(b) She is a warrior.
(c) She is an enchanter.
(d) She is lying to him.
4. What happens to the lobby doors when Linda and Jack try to exit through them?
(a) They turn to steal.
(b) They explode.
(c) They burst into flames.
(d) They lock.
5. According to Hastings, who are the people that he conjures up with his charms for Jack to practice against?
(a) Spirits from the Netherland.
(b) Ghosts from the local cemeteries.
(c) Figments of his imagination.
(d) Champions from the past, long dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of surgery does Jack believe Dr. Longbranch performed on him when he was an infant?
2. What is the shape of Jack's scar from the surgery he underwent as an infant?
3. What does Hastings tell Jack to think of his opponents in the arena he has created?
4. Rather than attend a party, Jack decides to walk home with whom in Chapter 10?
5. In Chapter 9, why does Hastings say he can no longer serve as Jack's opponent?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)