|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve: A Visit With Dr. Longbranch.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, who has a champion that it plans on putting forward for a tournament on Midsummer's Day?
(a) The Silver Bear.
(b) The White Rose.
(c) The Silver Dragon.
(d) The Red Rose.
2. Why does Dr. Longbranch suggest a story of Jack's death to Linda?
(a) To prevent the Red Rose from knowing he is still alive.
(b) To keep Hastings from looking for Jack.
(c) To prevent Becka from trying to find him after he leaves to join the Games.
(d) To cover his disappearance when Longbranch takes him to participate in the Games.
3. What does Jack consider as Nick's specialty when it comes to school subjects?
(c) English literature.
4. Who once brought Linda to these ruins and told her of the tragedy that took place there?
5. According to Hastings, who are the people that he conjures up with his charms for Jack to practice against?
(a) Spirits from the Netherland.
(b) Ghosts from the local cemeteries.
(c) Figments of his imagination.
(d) Champions from the past, long dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Linda tell Jack in Chapter 5 that he should not trust?
2. In Chapter 10, what does Jack say he would like to be when he grows up?
3. How many people appear to be searching for Jack as he makes his way home?
4. Who comes to Jack's house to walk to school with him in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 6, what damage does Longbranch notice in Wylie's face when he arrives for a dinner party?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)