|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abraham say about Scathach's sister?
2. For what does Dee say the release of the monsters is?
3. What does Dee do to Billy the Kid?
4. What does Tsagaglalal say is a tradition?
5. What does Tsagaglalal say about when Sophie and Josh meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Marethyu taken and what happens while he is there?
2. How do Sophie and Josh end up together and who do they meet?
3. Where does Sophie go to think and who is waiting for her?
4. What fight does Tsagaglalal intervene in and what does she tell the fighters?
5. What does Sohpie learn when she reads her tablet from Abraham?
6. Where are the Flamels, Niten and Prometheus and how is the Lotan conquered?
7. Who appears on Abraham's tower after the fight with the vimana and what does Scathach realize about him?
8. What does Abraham give Scathach?
9. Who watches Aten talk with Death and what do the watchers plan?
10. What does Tsagaglalal tell Sophie about Josh and Sophie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze how the setting informs the plot in The Warlock.
2. Trace and analyze one major theme of The Warlock. How is the theme represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
3. Trace and analyze two secondary themes of The Warlock. How are the themes represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
Essay Topic 2
Though it is not a part of The Warlock, the readers are given enough information to learn that the twins were, up until a short time ago, ordinary teenagers in modern America. Discuss the following:
1. How do you think the twins have changed from who they were before Nicolas comes into their lives?
2. Why do you think Scott chooses young, ordinary teenagers to be the heroes/heroines in the series?
3. How would the book have been different if the twins were spoiled, rich kids?
Essay Topic 3
The Warlock belongs to the fantasy genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the fantasy genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a fantasy and a historical novel mystery?
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)