|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sohpie understand about the ritual they are doing?
2. What does Perenelle place around Nicolas' neck?
3. What idea does Virginia like?
4. Whose actions does Tsagaglalal discuss with Sophie?
5. Who does Abraham send to do the same job for the males of Sophie's lineage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Marethyu taken and what happens while he is there?
2. What does Tsagaglalal tell Sophie about Josh and Sophie?
3. What does Scathach watch from the mouth of the cave?
4. What does Sohpie learn when she reads her tablet from Abraham?
5. What does Perenelle give Nicholas and what does she say as to why she revived Nicholas?
6. Where are the Flamels, Niten and Prometheus and how is the Lotan conquered?
7. Who watches Aten talk with Death and what do the watchers plan?
8. Where do Black Hawk, Mars, Odin and Hel go and what is their plan?
9. How does Tsagaglalal feel about immortality and why is she and Gilgamesh immortal?
10. Who is at the party at Tsagaglalal's house and why do they get along?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Oftentimes, a book has more of a character-driven plot rather than action driven, and oftentimes the other way. Some books seem to balance the two. Discuss the following:
1. What do you think it means to say that a plot is character driven? Action driven?
2. How do you think a plot differs if it is character driven versus action driven?
3. Which type of plot do you find more interesting? Why?
4. Do you think it is possible to have a plot where action and character development share equal time? Why or why not.
5. What type of plot do you think The Warlock is? Explain your response.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze how the setting informs the plot in The Warlock.
2. Trace and analyze one major theme of The Warlock. How is the theme represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
3. Trace and analyze two secondary themes of The Warlock. How are the themes represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
Essay Topic 3
1. What is foreshadow? How many incidences of foreshadow are in The Warlock? How does foreshadow contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadow in The Warlock including why you believe it is foreshadow. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from The Warlock and your own live to support your opinion.
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)