|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aten figure he will die?
2. What does Machiavelli tell Dee?
3. Who is worn out from his trip?
4. What does Abraham give Scathach?
5. What does Sophie know about Josh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abraham give Scathach?
2. What does Tsagaglalal tell Sophie about Josh and Sophie?
3. What happens to Niccolo and Billy the Kid when they protest the release of the monsters?
4. Why does Virginia become angry at John Dee and how does he placate her?
5. Where does the Lotan come from and what does Dee do with it?
6. What does Sohpie learn when she reads her tablet from Abraham?
7. What is the effect of everyone reading their tablets and what does Tsagaglalal tell them about the fall of Danu Talis?
8. Where does Sophie go to think and who is waiting for her?
9. What happens when Prometheus and Niten come into the room where Perenelle is reviving Nicholas?
10. What fight does Tsagaglalal intervene in and what does she tell the fighters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. What is foreshadow? How many incidences of foreshadow are in The Warlock? How does foreshadow contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadow in The Warlock including why you believe it is foreshadow. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from The Warlock and your own live to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze how the setting informs the plot in The Warlock.
2. Trace and analyze one major theme of The Warlock. How is the theme represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
3. Trace and analyze two secondary themes of The Warlock. How are the themes represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
Essay Topic 3
Though it is not a part of The Warlock, the readers are given enough information to learn that the twins were, up until a short time ago, ordinary teenagers in modern America. Discuss the following:
1. How do you think the twins have changed from who they were before Nicolas comes into their lives?
2. Why do you think Scott chooses young, ordinary teenagers to be the heroes/heroines in the series?
3. How would the book have been different if the twins were spoiled, rich kids?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)