|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Odin, Hel and Black Hawk's common enemy?
2. What does Abraham say have a great power over events?
3. Where does Tsagaglalal send Mars and the others?
4. What does Sophie not want the other women to know?
5. Who steps in to stop Mars?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Virginia Dare tell Josh the purpose of the monsters is?
2. How do Sophie and Josh end up together and who do they meet?
3. What fight does Tsagaglalal intervene in and what does she tell the fighters?
4. Where are the former prisoners in Chapter 49 and what is Prometheus doing?
5. What does Sohpie learn when she reads her tablet from Abraham?
6. What is the effect of everyone reading their tablets and what does Tsagaglalal tell them about the fall of Danu Talis?
7. Who is at the party at Tsagaglalal's house and why do they get along?
8. What does Scathach think about her sister Aoife?
9. Who appears on Abraham's tower after the fight with the vimana and what does Scathach realize about him?
10. Where are the Flamels, Niten and Prometheus and how is the Lotan conquered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss Warlock based upon the criteria you decide upon in #1 and judge if The Warlock is a successful novel.
3. Do you think the criteria for a successful novel should be different if it is written for adults versus young adults? Why or why not? Would most adults consider Warlock a successful novel? What about young teens?
Essay Topic 2
Characters are an integral and important part of almost all novels. Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast the characters of Rick and Lon. How are they similar? How are they different? Is there a flaw in each of their personalities? Be specific and give examples.
2. Compare/contrast the characters of Lon and Nuke. How do they seem different? Which do you like more? Why? Which one seems more of a well-rounded character?
3. Thoroughly analyze how three of the secondary characters in Warlock help drive the plot and what their contribution is to the storyline. Are any of the secondary characters unnecessary? Indispensable? Which of the secondary characters are likable? Which are either unlikable or even despicable? Be specific and give examples.
Essay Topic 3
Often, authors will write about "what they know," and sometimes knowing a little about the author makes the books more interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Research and give a brief biographical sketch of Michael Scott.
2. What in Scott's background may have helped him in writing The Warlock? What may have influenced the way he depicts various characters and scenes?
3. Do you think there is always some of the author's own life in his/her novels? Why or why not? Give examples.
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)