|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Sorceress hope to do in this situation with Nicholas?
2. What does Tsagaglalal say creates magic?
3. What does Sophie know about Josh?
4. What does Nereus ask?
5. What is Abraham like in Chapter 54?
Essay Topic 1
The Warlock is one book in a series of novels involving Nicholas and the twins. Discuss the following.
1. What are a couple advantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
2. What are a couple disadvantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
3. Do you prefer to read a standalone book, or a series of books with the same main characters? Explain your response.
4. Do you think it is easier or more difficult (or about the same) to write a standalone book versus one in a series? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Oftentimes, a book has more of a character-driven plot rather than action driven, and oftentimes the other way. Some books seem to balance the two. Discuss the following:
1. What do you think it means to say that a plot is character driven? Action driven?
2. How do you think a plot differs if it is character driven versus action driven?
3. Which type of plot do you find more interesting? Why?
4. Do you think it is possible to have a plot where action and character development share equal time? Why or why not.
5. What type of plot do you think The Warlock is? Explain your response.
Essay Topic 3
Though it is not a part of The Warlock, the readers are given enough information to learn that the twins were, up until a short time ago, ordinary teenagers in modern America. Discuss the following:
1. How do you think the twins have changed from who they were before Nicolas comes into their lives?
2. Why do you think Scott chooses young, ordinary teenagers to be the heroes/heroines in the series?
3. How would the book have been different if the twins were spoiled, rich kids?
This section contains 2,388 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)