|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Abraham like in Chapter 54?
2. What does John Dee say Virginia will get?
3. Who is chasing the former prisoners?
4. What choice will Sophie have to make?
5. Why does Tsagaglalal gather everyone around her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Perenelle give Nicholas and what does she say as to why she revived Nicholas?
2. Where does Sophie go to think and who is waiting for her?
3. Where is Marethyu taken and what happens while he is there?
4. Where does the Lotan come from and what does Dee do with it?
5. Who appears on Abraham's tower after the fight with the vimana and what does Scathach realize about him?
6. What does Scathach watch from the mouth of the cave?
7. What does Abraham give Scathach?
8. What does Aten choose to do despite the consequences?
9. Where are the former prisoners in Chapter 49 and what is Prometheus doing?
10. What do Machiavelli and Billy the Kid discuss about Virginia Dare?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Characters are an integral and important part of almost all novels. Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast the characters of Rick and Lon. How are they similar? How are they different? Is there a flaw in each of their personalities? Be specific and give examples.
2. Compare/contrast the characters of Lon and Nuke. How do they seem different? Which do you like more? Why? Which one seems more of a well-rounded character?
3. Thoroughly analyze how three of the secondary characters in Warlock help drive the plot and what their contribution is to the storyline. Are any of the secondary characters unnecessary? Indispensable? Which of the secondary characters are likable? Which are either unlikable or even despicable? Be specific and give examples.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why?
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. Which 3 secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Nicholas Flamel is in some ways a larger-than-life hero. Despite incredible odds, he usually comes out on top, in this book and in the others in the series. Discuss the following:
1. Does having a larger-than-life hero make that person less of a hero? In other words, which is more admirable--a hero who ultimately always "lands on his feet," or one who strives against impossible odds and doesn't succeed?
2. Does a character have to be successful in order to be a hero? Explain your answer.
3. Choose one other character besides Rand who you might call a hero/heroine and explain why you choose that person.
4. Does every work of fiction have to have a hero? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)