|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else is in the Jeep?
2. In what does Joan of Arc have faith?
3. What couple enters where the Anpu are?
4. What is the only reason Anubis is still alive?
5. Where is the Jeep driven?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are Dee, Dare and Josh headed and how does Dare handle their pursuers?
2. What does Sophie at first believe when she wakes in her aunt's house and what does she do when she realizes otherwise?
3. Where is Niten taking Sophie and what does he tell her?
4. What is Marethyu showing Scathach and the others and why are they confused?
5. Where is Promotheseus driving a Jeep and why is he weak?
6. What happens to the group on Danu Talis?
7. Who is following Odin and what transpires between them?
8. What does Perenelle try to do as they are riding in the Jeep and what does she know about her and husband?
9. What happens to the police officers outside a building which Dee and Virginia approach and how do Dee, Dare and Josh feel about it?
10. About what do Machiavelli and Billy the Kid feel conflicted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. What is foreshadow? How many incidences of foreshadow are in The Warlock? How does foreshadow contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadow in The Warlock including why you believe it is foreshadow. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from The Warlock and your own live to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Characters are an important part of what makes The Warlock interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Rick. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he always likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
2. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of Mrs. Fisher. What are her strengths? Her weaknesses? How does she contribute to the plot? Is she a sympathetic character? Is she ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
3. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of Erik. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. Discuss the following:
1. Fully explain why you think The Warlock is titled as such. Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Can you think of a better title? Why would you choose it?
2. How important is a title in influencing you to consider reading a book? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Explain your answer.
4. Have you ever read a book that when you finished, you do not understand the relevance of the title? Does it discourage you from "trusting" that particular author again?
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)