|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the reason Abraham creates a book?
2. Whose head is becoming a jackal?
3. Who does Perenelle try to calm?
4. What does Marethyu mean?
5. Who is showing the island of Danu Talis to Scathach and the rest of the group Scathach is with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Niten taking Sophie and what does he tell her?
2. What happens to the police officers outside a building which Dee and Virginia approach and how do Dee, Dare and Josh feel about it?
3. Who is the author of the Prologue and what does she say about Nicholas Flamel?
4. What significant choice does Josh make?
5. What does Dee tell Josh to do on their way to Alcatraz and how do Josh's memories help him in this task?
6. Who goes into Xibalba and what do they do?
7. Where are Sophie and Niten escaping from and why is Sophie upset?
8. What happens to the group on Danu Talis?
9. What does Billy the Kid ask Josh and how does he come to think he may have an answer to the question?
10. Why is Prometheusus upset and about what does he agree with Scathach?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. What is a plot? What are the most important elements of a plot and their definition? Do all novels have a plot? Why or why not?
2. Write a brief synopsis of the plot of The Warlock, identifying where the various elements of the plot occur (Exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution or denouement). Do you find it difficult to identify the plot? Why or why not? What about the various elements of the plot?
3. Identify the major sub-plots and their elements in The Warlock. (The subplots may not contain every element of a major plot). Do the sub-plots add to the main plot? Why or why not. Are the sub-plots interesting in and of themselves? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Characters are an integral and important part of almost all novels. Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast the characters of Rick and Lon. How are they similar? How are they different? Is there a flaw in each of their personalities? Be specific and give examples.
2. Compare/contrast the characters of Lon and Nuke. How do they seem different? Which do you like more? Why? Which one seems more of a well-rounded character?
3. Thoroughly analyze how three of the secondary characters in Warlock help drive the plot and what their contribution is to the storyline. Are any of the secondary characters unnecessary? Indispensable? Which of the secondary characters are likable? Which are either unlikable or even despicable? Be specific and give examples.
Essay Topic 3
Characters are an important part of what makes The Warlock interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Rick. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he always likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
2. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of Mrs. Fisher. What are her strengths? Her weaknesses? How does she contribute to the plot? Is she a sympathetic character? Is she ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
3. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of Erik. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)