|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Josh use to save them?
2. What couple enters where the Anpu are?
3. Whose actions threaten every Shadowrealm?
4. Who is becoming a beautiful gold statue?
5. Who is Zephaniah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are Dee, Dare and Josh headed and how does Dare handle their pursuers?
2. Why is Prometheusus upset and about what does he agree with Scathach?
3. What happens to the police officers outside a building which Dee and Virginia approach and how do Dee, Dare and Josh feel about it?
4. What does Perenelle try to do as they are riding in the Jeep and what does she know about her and husband?
5. Where are Sophie and Niten escaping from and why is Sophie upset?
6. How does Dr. John Dee change Josh and why?
7. What happens to the group on Danu Talis?
8. What significant choice does Josh make?
9. What happens after Sophie becomes aware of the scent of Jasmine?
10. How does Sophie feel about Perenelle using Sophie's aura, and what does Sophie decide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. What is a plot? What are the most important elements of a plot and their definition? Do all novels have a plot? Why or why not?
2. Write a brief synopsis of the plot of The Warlock, identifying where the various elements of the plot occur (Exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution or denouement). Do you find it difficult to identify the plot? Why or why not? What about the various elements of the plot?
3. Identify the major sub-plots and their elements in The Warlock. (The subplots may not contain every element of a major plot). Do the sub-plots add to the main plot? Why or why not. Are the sub-plots interesting in and of themselves? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The Warlock belongs to the fantasy genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the fantasy genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a fantasy and a historical novel mystery?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why?
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. Which 3 secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)