Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lays in bed at the beginning of Chapter 11, "Iphigenia"?
2. How is Sir Abraham described?
3. Why does the narrator, when addressing his female readers, say they do not understand Eleanor?
4. The same person who owns Crabtree Canonicorum also owns a hospitable villa on what lake?
5. What does Harding say is nice about his little cottage?
Look at the relationship between Grantly and his father, the bishop. What roles do Grantly and his father play at the church? What roles do they seem to play in their families? How does the bishop seem to feel about his son? How does Grantly seem to feel about the bishop? Why do you think the bishop always lets his son take charge of situations?
Explore Bold's attempt at reforming the church and the hospital. What is Bold trying to accomplish with his reform? Why is he so concerned with Hiram's will? Why has he taken on the church? Why has he taken on Harding? How does Grantly feel about Bold's attempt at reform?
Explore the relationship between John Bold and his sister Mary. Describe how Bold and Mary interact with each other. What sense do you get about their dynamic? Why do you think they have such a close relationship? What techniques does the author use to portray their closeness to the reader? Why do you think he presents a brother and sister who are five years apart with such a close relationship?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)