Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lays in bed at the beginning of Chapter 11, "Iphigenia"?
2. How is Sir Abraham described?
3. Why does the narrator, when addressing his female readers, say they do not understand Eleanor?
4. The same person who owns Crabtree Canonicorum also owns a hospitable villa on what lake?
5. What does Harding say is nice about his little cottage?
Discuss the perspective used by the author for this novel. What kind of narrator does the reader get? Why do you think the author felt third-person was the best perspective for this novel? What is gained from this perspective? Do you feel like you missed out on anything by having a third-person narrator telling the story? How would the novel be different if it was written in first-person?
Looking at the ending of the story, why do you think the author gave his readers a mostly happy ending? Were you surprised by the ending? Who did not get a happy ending? Why do you think these characters did not get a happy ending? In what way was their situation different?
Look at the description of Grantly's home. How does the description paint Grantly? Why do you think the author chooses to show Grantly's true nature through a description of his home? Why do you think he does not just explain to the reader all of Grantly's characteristics?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)