|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grantly plans to give Harding's job at the old men's home to a man with how many children?
2. In what country has Anticant spent most of his earlier days?
3. How much money does Grantly tell Harding he will have when he resigns?
4. What is the last name of Tom, who works at a powerful newspaper?
5. Who says, " I want to ask you if you can oblige me in a certain matter"?
Essay Topic 1
Explore Eleanor's role in the novel. How does she help to drive the plot? What purpose does she serve for Harding? What about for Bold? What are her motives? What seems to be her main function in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the beadsmen and their willingness to turn on Harding. Why do so many of them sign the petition against him? What do they hope to achieve? How do they end up?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the motives of Harding and Grantly throughout the novel. What drives each one? Which one seems to be more moral? Why? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)