|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lays in bed at the beginning of Chapter 11, "Iphigenia"?
2. How is Sir Abraham described?
3. Why does the narrator, when addressing his female readers, say they do not understand Eleanor?
4. The same person who owns Crabtree Canonicorum also owns a hospitable villa on what lake?
5. What does Harding say is nice about his little cottage?
Essay Topic 1
Explore the character of Tom Towers. How is he portrayed? Why is the description of his office important? What does it say about him? Why is it important that his articles are written anonymously? What point is the author trying to make through the character traits and personality of Tom?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the motives of Harding and Grantly throughout the novel. What drives each one? Which one seems to be more moral? Why? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the relationship between Harding and the bishop. Why do you think they are so close? How are they alike? How they different? How do they interact with each other? What role does the bishop play for Harding?
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)