Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lays in bed at the beginning of Chapter 11, "Iphigenia"?
2. How is Sir Abraham described?
3. Why does the narrator, when addressing his female readers, say they do not understand Eleanor?
4. The same person who owns Crabtree Canonicorum also owns a hospitable villa on what lake?
5. What does Harding say is nice about his little cottage?
Essay Topic 1
Explore Bold's attempt at reforming the church and the hospital. What is Bold trying to accomplish with his reform? Why is he so concerned with Hiram's will? Why has he taken on the church? Why has he taken on Harding? How does Grantly feel about Bold's attempt at reform?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the beadsmen and their willingness to turn on Harding. Why do so many of them sign the petition against him? What do they hope to achieve? How do they end up?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the description of Grantly's home. How does the description paint Grantly? Why do you think the author chooses to show Grantly's true nature through a description of his home? Why do you think he does not just explain to the reader all of Grantly's characteristics?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)