|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Grantly pay his and Harding's legal fees?
(a) The beadsmen give him the money.
(b) The church account.
(c) With donations.
(d) He takes it out of his own salary.
2. What is the name of the magazine Bold buys after leaving Tom?
(a) The Almshouse.
(b) The Doghouse.
(c) The Poorhouse.
(d) The Outhouse.
3. What does Harding say is nice about his little cottage?
(a) The garden.
(b) The fireplace.
(c) The stairwell.
(d) The balcony.
4. The narrator says Sir Abraham has a stoop where?
(a) In his neck.
(b) In his back.
(c) In his legs.
(d) In his hips.
5. Grantly plans to give Harding's job at the old men's home to a man with how many children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom's role at a powerful newspaper?
2. Who says, " I want to ask you if you can oblige me in a certain matter"?
3. How long does Mary say Bold will be gone when Eleanor visits him?
4. Which character is friends with Tom?
5. How long does Harding wait for his appointment with Sir Abraham?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)