|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Harding and the beadsmen drink at his farewell gathering?
2. What is the name of the magazine Bold buys after leaving Tom?
(a) The Almshouse.
(b) The Doghouse.
(c) The Outhouse.
(d) The Poorhouse.
3. Who owns Crabtree Canonicorum?
(a) Rev. Elliot George.
(b) Rev. Vesey Stanhope.
(c) Rev. Jasper Claims.
(d) Rev. David Maxwell.
4. Who recommended that Bold buy a magazine by Sentiment?
5. The narrator says Sir Abraham has a stoop where?
(a) In his legs.
(b) In his neck.
(c) In his hips.
(d) In his back.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grantly pay his and Harding's legal fees?
2. What does Harding say is nice about his little cottage?
3. What is Anticant's first name?
4. Why does the narrator feel sorry for Sir Abraham's wife?
5. What does Harding plan to sell to pay his consultation fees?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harding plan to sell his furniture when he resigns?
2. How does a magazine called "The Almshouse" portray Harding?
3. Why does Bold suspect that he is to blame for the article in the newspaper that slanders Harding?
4. What is Harding's plan for he and Eleanor after the lawsuit is over?
5. Why does Harding feel he should leave for London as soon as possible?
6. Why does Grantly assume that Bold wants to drop the changes against Harding?
7. How is Harding's resignation received, over all?
8. How does Bold feel when he reads about Harding in a magazine called "The Almshouse"?
9. How does Tom seem to feel about his position at the newspaper?
10. Why does Eleanor decide to visit Bold at the beginning of Chapter 11 "Iphigenia"?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)