|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is friends with Tom?
2. How does the narrator describe Harding's usual mood?
3. The same person who owns Crabtree Canonicorum also owns a hospitable villa on what lake?
(a) Lake Prespa.
(b) Lake Como.
(c) Lake Geneva.
(d) Lake Maggiore.
4. What does the narrator say will probably happen to Eleanor if she goes to visit Bold?
(a) She will get lost.
(b) His wife will attack her.
(c) He will yell at her.
(d) She will get kissed.
5. Who does Harding owe money to when he plans to sell personal belongings?
(a) The bishop.
(d) Sir Abraham.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country has Anticant spent most of his earlier days?
2. How much is Harding's little cottage worth a year?
3. What does Anticant do for a living?
4. What goddess has her seat on Mount Olympus, according to the narrator?
5. What Greek mythological character does Eleanor compare Harding to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Susan concerned about her father, Harding, resigning?
2. How does Grantly react when Harding tells him he will resign?
3. How is Harding's resignation received, over all?
4. How does Bold respond when Eleanor begs him to promise that he will stop the legal proceedings against her father?
5. What is Grantly's idea for how Harding can remain employed?
6. Why does Grantly assume that Bold wants to drop the changes against Harding?
7. What is Harding's plan for he and Eleanor after the lawsuit is over?
8. What happens when Eleanor tells Mary that she cannot marry Bold?
9. How does a magazine called "The Almshouse" portray Harding?
10. Why does Harding feel he should leave for London as soon as possible?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)