|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom show Bold that angers him?
(a) The lifestyle section.
(b) A pamphlet.
(c) An advertisement.
(d) A letter to the edior.
2. The narrator says Sir Abraham has a stoop where?
(a) In his hips.
(b) In his back.
(c) In his legs.
(d) In his neck.
3. Who recommended that Bold buy a magazine by Sentiment?
4. What is Anticant's first name?
5. How does Sentiment's magazine portray Harding?
(a) As a godly man.
(b) As a hero.
(c) As a villain.
(d) As a puppet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Harding several jobs to keep him nearby?
2. Who says, "I am sure he loves you better than anything in the world."
3. How does the narrator describe Harding's usual mood?
4. What Greek mythological character does Eleanor want to be like?
5. Who says, "Don't you know that their attorneys have noticed us that they have withdrawn the suit"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tom seem to feel about his position at the newspaper?
2. How does Harding respond when Sir Abraham asks him why is concerned for his reputation?
3. Why does Harding rush to find Sir Abraham as soon as he gets to London?
4. What happens when Eleanor tells Mary that she cannot marry Bold?
5. What does a second newspaper article say about Harding and the lawsuit against him?
6. Why does Harding plan to sell his furniture when he resigns?
7. How does Bold react when he comes home and finds Eleanor there crying?
8. How does a magazine called "The Almshouse" portray Harding?
9. How is Harding's resignation received, over all?
10. Why is Susan concerned about her father, Harding, resigning?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)