|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anticant do for a living?
(d) Law enforcement.
2. Where do Harding and Eleanor move while waiting for their cottage to clear out?
(a) In with the bishop.
(b) In with Grantly.
(c) A boarding house.
(d) A church basement.
3. In what country has Anticant spent most of his earlier days?
4. Who owns Crabtree Canonicorum?
(a) Rev. David Maxwell.
(b) Rev. Elliot George.
(c) Rev. Vesey Stanhope.
(d) Rev. Jasper Claims.
5. The narrator says Eleanor is worthy of being the daughter of whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Harding says a second newspaper article that speaks badly of him will be read all the clergymen in what city?
2. A second newspaper article published about Harding what the last of how many leaders in the paper?
3. What time is it when Harding gets back to his London hotel from meeting with Sir Abraham?
4. Where does Harding go after dinner on his second day in London?
5. When does Harding say he will resign from the old men's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harding rush to find Sir Abraham as soon as he gets to London?
2. How is Harding's resignation received, over all?
3. Why is Susan concerned about her father, Harding, resigning?
4. What happens when Grantly tells Bold he cannot back out of the legal situation?
5. Why does Bold leave angrily from his meeting with Tom?
6. How does Harding feel by the time he is about to meet Sir Abraham?
7. How does Tom seem to feel about his position at the newspaper?
8. Why does Grantly assume that Bold wants to drop the changes against Harding?
9. Why does Sir Abraham think Harding has come to see him?
10. What happens when Eleanor tells Mary that she cannot marry Bold?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)