|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anticant do for a living?
(a) Law enforcement.
2. What is Sentiment's first name?
3. The narrator says Eleanor will receive sympathy from women older than what age?
4. Who meets Harding at the train station when he goes home?
(b) The bishop.
5. A second newspaper article published about Harding what the last of how many leaders in the paper?
Short Answer Questions
1. The same person who owns Crabtree Canonicorum also owns a hospitable villa on what lake?
2. Where does Harding go after dinner on his second day in London?
3. How does Sentiment's magazine portray Harding?
4. Who lays in bed at the beginning of Chapter 11, "Iphigenia"?
5. Who says, "I had such good news for you, and now you make me fear I am too late"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a second newspaper article say about Harding and the lawsuit against him?
2. What happens to the beadsmen when their warden resigns?
3. How does Bold react when he comes home and finds Eleanor there crying?
4. How does Tom seem to feel about his position at the newspaper?
5. What is Harding's plan for he and Eleanor after the lawsuit is over?
6. What is Grantly's idea for how Harding can remain employed?
7. How does Harding feel by the time he is about to meet Sir Abraham?
8. How does a magazine called "The Almshouse" portray Harding?
9. What happens when Grantly tells Bold he cannot back out of the legal situation?
10. How does Grantly react when Harding tells him he will resign?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)