|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies at the end of Chapter 20, "Farewell"?
2. How soon after his meeting with Sir Abraham does Harding go back home?
(a) That same night.
(b) The next morning.
(c) Two days later.
(d) The next afternoon.
3. What is Sentiment's first name?
4. Where does Harding say he is going at the beginning of Chapter 13, "The Warden's Decision"?
(c) New York City.
5. How does Grantly pay his and Harding's legal fees?
(a) The church account.
(b) With donations.
(c) The beadsmen give him the money.
(d) He takes it out of his own salary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the cottage Eleanor and Harding decide to live in?
2. What time is it when Harding gets back to his London hotel from meeting with Sir Abraham?
3. How much is Harding's little cottage worth a year?
4. What is Tom's role at a powerful newspaper?
5. Harding says a second newspaper article that speaks badly of him will be read all the clergymen in what city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Eleanor tells Mary that she cannot marry Bold?
2. How does Bold feel when he reads about Harding in a magazine called "The Almshouse"?
3. What happens to the beadsmen when their warden resigns?
4. How does Harding respond when Sir Abraham asks him why is concerned for his reputation?
5. Why does Harding rush to find Sir Abraham as soon as he gets to London?
6. How does Bold respond when Eleanor begs him to promise that he will stop the legal proceedings against her father?
7. Why does Harding plan to sell his furniture when he resigns?
8. Why does Bold suspect that he is to blame for the article in the newspaper that slanders Harding?
9. What is Harding's plan for he and Eleanor after the lawsuit is over?
10. How does Grantly react when Harding tells him he will resign?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)