|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I am sure he loves you better than anything in the world."
2. How does the narrator describe Harding's usual mood?
3. What is Tom's role at a powerful newspaper?
(a) Head reporter.
(b) Delivery boy.
(c) Copy editior.
4. Where do Harding and Eleanor move while waiting for their cottage to clear out?
(a) A boarding house.
(b) A church basement.
(c) In with the bishop.
(d) In with Grantly.
5. Where does Harding say he is going at the beginning of Chapter 13, "The Warden's Decision"?
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when Harding gets back to his London hotel from meeting with Sir Abraham?
2. The same person who owns Crabtree Canonicorum also owns a hospitable villa on what lake?
3. Who does Harding owe money to when he plans to sell personal belongings?
4. What is the name of the cottage Eleanor and Harding decide to live in?
5. How do the townspeople feel about Harding when he resigns from the old men's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harding feel he should leave for London as soon as possible?
2. Why does Harding decide not to spend his second day in London in his hotel?
3. How does Harding feel by the time he is about to meet Sir Abraham?
4. What happens when Grantly tells Bold he cannot back out of the legal situation?
5. Why does Eleanor decide to visit Bold at the beginning of Chapter 11 "Iphigenia"?
6. Why does Sir Abraham think Harding has come to see him?
7. Why does Harding plan to sell his furniture when he resigns?
8. What happens when Eleanor tells Mary that she cannot marry Bold?
9. What is Harding's plan for he and Eleanor after the lawsuit is over?
10. Why does Bold suspect that he is to blame for the article in the newspaper that slanders Harding?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)