|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Anticant condemn harshly?
2. What color is Sir Abraham's hair?
3. Where is Anticant from?
4. How long does Harding wait for his appointment with Sir Abraham?
(a) An hour.
(b) 1 or 2 minutes.
(c) 30 or 45 minutes.
(d) 15 or 20 minutes,
5. The narrator says Eleanor will receive sympathy from girls younger than what age?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anticant do for a living?
2. How does Sentiment's magazine portray Harding?
3. Who says, "What good to us is this place or all the money, if we are to be ill-spoken of ?"
4. How soon after his meeting with Sir Abraham does Harding go back home?
5. What do critics say Anticant cannot do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harding say he is going to London?
2. Why does Harding decide not to spend his second day in London in his hotel?
3. How does Harding feel by the time he is about to meet Sir Abraham?
4. Why does Bold leave angrily from his meeting with Tom?
5. What is Grantly's idea for how Harding can remain employed?
6. Why is Susan concerned about her father, Harding, resigning?
7. What happens when Eleanor tells Mary that she cannot marry Bold?
8. What is Harding's plan for he and Eleanor after the lawsuit is over?
9. Why does Harding plan to sell his furniture when he resigns?
10. Why does Harding feel he should leave for London as soon as possible?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)