|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do critics say Anticant cannot do?
(b) Relate to people.
(c) Paint with watercolors.
(d) Write English.
2. Who says, " I want to ask you if you can oblige me in a certain matter"?
3. Who says, "Don't you know that their attorneys have noticed us that they have withdrawn the suit"?
(b) Sir Abraham.
4. Harding says a second newspaper article that speaks badly of him will be read all the clergymen in what city?
5. What Greek mythological character does Eleanor want to be like?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is friends with Tom?
2. How do the townspeople feel about Harding when he resigns from the old men's home?
3. How much does Bold think dropping the lawsuit will cost?
4. What do Harding and the beadsmen drink at his farewell gathering?
5. What goddess has her seat on Mount Olympus, according to the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Susan concerned about her father, Harding, resigning?
2. Why does Harding plan to sell his furniture when he resigns?
3. How does a magazine called "The Almshouse" portray Harding?
4. What does a second newspaper article say about Harding and the lawsuit against him?
5. How does Harding respond when Sir Abraham asks him why is concerned for his reputation?
6. Why does Bold leave angrily from his meeting with Tom?
7. How does Bold respond when Eleanor begs him to promise that he will stop the legal proceedings against her father?
8. What is Harding's plan for he and Eleanor after the lawsuit is over?
9. Why does Bold suspect that he is to blame for the article in the newspaper that slanders Harding?
10. What happens to the beadsmen when their warden resigns?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)