|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recommended that Bold buy a magazine by Sentiment?
2. Grantly plans to give Harding's job at the old men's home to a man with how many children?
3. Why does the narrator feel sorry for Sir Abraham's wife?
(a) She is ugly.
(b) Her husband does not have time to talk to her.
(c) She has no friends.
(d) She has no money.
4. Who says, " I want to ask you if you can oblige me in a certain matter"?
5. Where has Bold just returned from when Eleanor goes to see him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Grantly throw out of his home at the end of "Mr. Bold's Visit to Plumstead"?
2. Why does Sir Abraham think Harding is visiting him?
3. When does Harding say he will resign from the old men's home?
4. What is Tom's role at a powerful newspaper?
5. Who says, "What good to us is this place or all the money, if we are to be ill-spoken of ?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harding decide not to spend his second day in London in his hotel?
2. How is Harding's resignation received, over all?
3. Why does Bold suspect that he is to blame for the article in the newspaper that slanders Harding?
4. Why does Grantly assume that Bold wants to drop the changes against Harding?
5. Why does Eleanor decide to visit Bold at the beginning of Chapter 11 "Iphigenia"?
6. What happens to the beadsmen when their warden resigns?
7. Why does Harding plan to sell his furniture when he resigns?
8. How does Harding respond when Sir Abraham asks him why is concerned for his reputation?
9. How does Harding feel by the time he is about to meet Sir Abraham?
10. Why is Susan concerned about her father, Harding, resigning?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)