|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator says Eleanor is worthy of being the daughter of whom?
2. How do the lawyers and clergymen feel about Harding since he retired?
(a) He is generous.
(b) He is noble.
(c) He is uneducated.
(d) He is a coward.
3. What does Harding say is nice about his little cottage?
(a) The stairwell.
(b) The balcony.
(c) The fireplace.
(d) The garden.
4. How is Sir Abraham described?
(a) Short and skinny.
(b) Big and tall.
(c) Tall and thin.
(d) Short and fat.
5. What Greek mythological character does Eleanor want to be like?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I am sure he loves you better than anything in the world."
2. Which character thinks of Eleanor as their sister?
3. What time is it when Harding gets back to his London hotel from meeting with Sir Abraham?
4. Who says, " I want to ask you if you can oblige me in a certain matter"?
5. Who meets Harding at the train station when he goes home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bold react when he comes home and finds Eleanor there crying?
2. How does Harding feel by the time he is about to meet Sir Abraham?
3. What happens when Eleanor tells Mary that she cannot marry Bold?
4. Why does Harding decide not to spend his second day in London in his hotel?
5. How does Bold feel when he reads about Harding in a magazine called "The Almshouse"?
6. What happens when Grantly tells Bold he cannot back out of the legal situation?
7. What is Grantly's idea for how Harding can remain employed?
8. Why is Susan concerned about her father, Harding, resigning?
9. Why does Grantly assume that Bold wants to drop the changes against Harding?
10. Why does Bold suspect that he is to blame for the article in the newspaper that slanders Harding?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)