|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Harding and the beadsmen drink at his farewell gathering?
2. Why does Sir Abraham think Harding is visiting him?
(a) Because of the newspaper article.
(b) Because the lawsuit has been dropped.
(c) To ask for money.
(d) To ask him to marry Bold and Eleanor.
3. Who says, "What good to us is this place or all the money, if we are to be ill-spoken of ?"
4. The narrator says Eleanor will receive sympathy from girls younger than what age?
5. Who recommended that Bold buy a magazine by Sentiment?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Harding say he will resign from the old men's home?
2. A second newspaper article that speaks badly of Harding asks why an old men's home needs what?
3. In what country has Anticant spent most of his earlier days?
4. What is the last name of Tom, who works at a powerful newspaper?
5. What time is it when Harding gets back to his London hotel from meeting with Sir Abraham?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Harding's resignation received, over all?
2. How does a magazine called "The Almshouse" portray Harding?
3. Why does Eleanor decide to visit Bold at the beginning of Chapter 11 "Iphigenia"?
4. What is Harding's plan for he and Eleanor after the lawsuit is over?
5. What happens to the beadsmen when their warden resigns?
6. Why does Harding rush to find Sir Abraham as soon as he gets to London?
7. Why is Susan concerned about her father, Harding, resigning?
8. Why does Bold suspect that he is to blame for the article in the newspaper that slanders Harding?
9. What happens when Grantly tells Bold he cannot back out of the legal situation?
10. How does Grantly react when Harding tells him he will resign?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)