|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recommended that Bold buy a magazine by Sentiment?
2. What does Harding plan to sell to pay his consultation fees?
(b) His books.
(c) His horses.
3. The narrator says Eleanor is worthy of being the daughter of whom?
4. Grantly plans to give Harding's job at the old men's home to a man with how many children?
5. What Greek mythological character does Eleanor want to be like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last name of Tom, who works at a powerful newspaper?
2. Who says, "Mr. Bold can't dispute the truth of every word in that article you have just read--nor can I."
3. Who offers Harding several jobs to keep him nearby?
4. Why does the narrator feel sorry for Sir Abraham's wife?
5. The narrator says Eleanor will receive sympathy from women older than what age?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a second newspaper article say about Harding and the lawsuit against him?
2. What happens when Eleanor tells Mary that she cannot marry Bold?
3. Why is Susan concerned about her father, Harding, resigning?
4. Why does Bold leave angrily from his meeting with Tom?
5. Why does Harding decide not to spend his second day in London in his hotel?
6. How does Bold feel when he reads about Harding in a magazine called "The Almshouse"?
7. How does Harding feel by the time he is about to meet Sir Abraham?
8. Why does Harding plan to sell his furniture when he resigns?
9. Why does Harding rush to find Sir Abraham as soon as he gets to London?
10. What is Harding's plan for he and Eleanor after the lawsuit is over?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)