|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I had such good news for you, and now you make me fear I am too late"?
2. When does Harding say he will resign from the old men's home?
(a) The next day.
(b) That night.
(c) The next week.
(d) The next month.
3. Where does Harding say he is going at the beginning of Chapter 13, "The Warden's Decision"?
(b) New York City.
4. What time is it when Harding gets back to his London hotel from meeting with Sir Abraham?
(a) 12 a.m.
(b) 9 p.m.
(c) 4 p.m.
(d) 11 a.m.
5. What goddess has her seat on Mount Olympus, according to the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country has Anticant spent most of his earlier days?
2. Why does the narrator feel sorry for Sir Abraham's wife?
3. Grantly plans to give Harding's job at the old men's home to a man with how many children?
4. A second newspaper article that speaks badly of Harding asks why an old men's home needs what?
5. How is Sir Abraham described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Eleanor tells Mary that she cannot marry Bold?
2. Why does Bold leave angrily from his meeting with Tom?
3. How does Harding feel by the time he is about to meet Sir Abraham?
4. Why does Sir Abraham think Harding has come to see him?
5. How does Bold feel when he reads about Harding in a magazine called "The Almshouse"?
6. How does Grantly react when Harding tells him he will resign?
7. What happens when Grantly tells Bold he cannot back out of the legal situation?
8. Why does Harding plan to sell his furniture when he resigns?
9. Why does Harding rush to find Sir Abraham as soon as he gets to London?
10. How is Harding's resignation received, over all?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)