|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is Harding's little cottage worth a year?
(a) 60 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 80 pounds.
(d) 120 pounds.
2. How does Grantly pay his and Harding's legal fees?
(a) The church account.
(b) He takes it out of his own salary.
(c) With donations.
(d) The beadsmen give him the money.
3. Where does Harding go after dinner on his second day in London?
(c) Cigar house.
4. What is the last name of Tom, who works at a powerful newspaper?
5. Who says, "What good to us is this place or all the money, if we are to be ill-spoken of ?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harding want to see immediately when he arrives in London?
2. What does the narrator say will probably happen to Eleanor if she goes to visit Bold?
3. What is the name of the magazine Bold buys after leaving Tom?
4. What Greek mythological character does Eleanor want to be like?
5. Who does Harding owe money to when he plans to sell personal belongings?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Harding's resignation received, over all?
2. Why does Harding say he is going to London?
3. How does a magazine called "The Almshouse" portray Harding?
4. Why does Sir Abraham think Harding has come to see him?
5. How does Bold feel when he reads about Harding in a magazine called "The Almshouse"?
6. What is Grantly's idea for how Harding can remain employed?
7. What happens to the beadsmen when their warden resigns?
8. What is Harding's plan for he and Eleanor after the lawsuit is over?
9. What does a second newspaper article say about Harding and the lawsuit against him?
10. How does Tom seem to feel about his position at the newspaper?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)