|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Sir Abraham's hair?
2. Who recommended that Bold buy a magazine by Sentiment?
3. Who dies at the end of Chapter 20, "Farewell"?
4. Who is Bold out with when Eleanor goes to see him?
(b) Sir Abraham.
5. In what country has Anticant spent most of his earlier days?
Short Answer Questions
1. The same person who owns Crabtree Canonicorum also owns a hospitable villa on what lake?
2. Harding says a second newspaper article that speaks badly of him will be read all the clergymen in what city?
3. What is the last name of Tom, who works at a powerful newspaper?
4. How soon after his meeting with Sir Abraham does Harding go back home?
5. The narrator says Eleanor will receive sympathy from girls younger than what age?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Grantly's idea for how Harding can remain employed?
2. What is Harding's plan for he and Eleanor after the lawsuit is over?
3. Why does Harding rush to find Sir Abraham as soon as he gets to London?
4. What happens when Grantly tells Bold he cannot back out of the legal situation?
5. How does Tom seem to feel about his position at the newspaper?
6. How does Harding respond when Sir Abraham asks him why is concerned for his reputation?
7. How does Harding feel by the time he is about to meet Sir Abraham?
8. Why does Harding decide not to spend his second day in London in his hotel?
9. What does a second newspaper article say about Harding and the lawsuit against him?
10. Why does Sir Abraham think Harding has come to see him?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)