|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Harding and the beadsmen drink at his farewell gathering?
2. Where does Bold go immediately Eleanor visits him?
(a) To the old men's home.
(b) Back to London.
(c) To church.
(d) To see Grantly.
3. The narrator says Sir Abraham has a stoop where?
(a) In his hips.
(b) In his neck.
(c) In his legs.
(d) In his back.
4. What is Sentiment's first name?
5. What does Harding plan to sell to pay his consultation fees?
(b) His books.
(c) His horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Don't you know that their attorneys have noticed us that they have withdrawn the suit"?
2. How long does Mary say Bold will be gone when Eleanor visits him?
3. What is the name of the cottage Eleanor and Harding decide to live in?
4. The narrator says unmarried woman of what age would oppose Eleanor and not give her sympathy?
5. In what country has Anticant spent most of his earlier days?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a magazine called "The Almshouse" portray Harding?
2. Why does Harding feel he should leave for London as soon as possible?
3. Why does Harding rush to find Sir Abraham as soon as he gets to London?
4. What is Grantly's idea for how Harding can remain employed?
5. How does Grantly react when Harding tells him he will resign?
6. How is Harding's resignation received, over all?
7. Why does Sir Abraham think Harding has come to see him?
8. Why does Bold leave angrily from his meeting with Tom?
9. How does Harding feel by the time he is about to meet Sir Abraham?
10. Why does Harding say he is going to London?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)