|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it when Harding meets with Sir. Abraham?
(c) 10 p.m.
(d) 4 p.m.
2. What does Tom show Bold that angers him?
(a) A pamphlet.
(b) A letter to the edior.
(c) An advertisement.
(d) The lifestyle section.
3. Who offers Harding several jobs to keep him nearby?
(b) The bishop.
4. What does Harding say is nice about his little cottage?
(a) The fireplace.
(b) The stairwell.
(c) The balcony.
(d) The garden.
5. What Greek mythological character does Eleanor compare Harding to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bold go immediately Eleanor visits him?
2. Who says, "What good to us is this place or all the money, if we are to be ill-spoken of ?"
3. Who recommended that Bold buy a magazine by Sentiment?
4. Who does Anticant condemn harshly?
5. What is Sentiment's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bold feel when he reads about Harding in a magazine called "The Almshouse"?
2. What is Grantly's idea for how Harding can remain employed?
3. Why does Harding rush to find Sir Abraham as soon as he gets to London?
4. How is Harding's resignation received, over all?
5. What is Harding's plan for he and Eleanor after the lawsuit is over?
6. What happens to the beadsmen when their warden resigns?
7. Why does Harding decide not to spend his second day in London in his hotel?
8. Why does Harding feel he should leave for London as soon as possible?
9. Why does Grantly assume that Bold wants to drop the changes against Harding?
10. How does Harding respond when Sir Abraham asks him why is concerned for his reputation?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)