|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks, "But why shouldn't they petition, doctor?"
2. What is Grantly's oldest daughter called?
3. Who says, "You know how fond I am of sacred music"?
4. What instrument does Harding play?
5. What month is it in "Chapter 3, The Bishop of Barchester"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Harding asks Eleanor if she is in love with whom?
2. How much money is Harding in debt at the beginning of Chapter 10, "Tribulation"?
3. Who does Grantly worry will attempt to talk to Sir Abraham?
4. Who says, "For heaven's sake, don't let us have division in the camp."?
5. What is Harding's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Grantly's wife give him that he refuses to listen to?
2. How do the inmates at the hospital react when they hear about reforms in other churches?
3. What does Grantly do after he decides to nip the beadsmens' rebellion in the bud.
4. How does Hiram's Hospital come to exist?
5. What happens when Bold and Mary receive their party invitations?
6. Why does the narrator say he has made up the town of Barchester?
7. How does the charitable men's home manage its money?
8. How does Harding react when Eleanor describes Bold as her enemy?
9. What happens after Eleanor reproaches Bold for being at odds with her father?
10. How does Harding react when he reads an article about himself in the newspaper?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)