|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks, " And who does manage the hospital"?
2. How many copies of the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden are sold each time it comes out?
3. Grantly compares the newspaper that speaks badly of the warden to what in America?
(b) The Irish gangs.
(c) Indian tribes.
(d) The mob.
4. What is the name of the beadsman who fully supports Harding?
5. The narrator guesses Bold is how old?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the old man who is bed ridden?
2. When Eleanor sees Harding upset, who does she try to send him?
3. What is Harding's first name?
4. What is Grantly's oldest daughter called?
5. Who suggests that Harding write to the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Grantly's wife give him that he refuses to listen to?
2. What do Grantly and the bishop tell Harding when he asks what should be done about the slander the Jupiter published against him?
3. How does a newspaper article describe Harding?
4. What happens when Bold goes to visit Harding, hoping to demand a detailed statement of the hospital's accounts?
5. What happens when Bold sees Eleanor after missing Harding's party?
6. Why is Eleanor not worried about seeing Bold when she goes to see Mary?
7. Why does Harding tell Eleanor to go for a walk after he gets done visiting at the bishop's palace?
8. Why does the narrator say he has made up the town of Barchester?
9. How do Harding and Grantly feel about Bold's attempts to create reform?
10. How does Harding feel when Bold tells him he will probably take legal action against him?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)