|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Grantly's lawyer?
2. Harding asks Eleanor if she is in love with whom?
(d) The bishop.
3. How much money are the beadsmen hoping to collect a year if Harding is fired?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
4. How long has Bold been in the city where the old men's home is located?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 11 years,
(d) 15 years.
5. How many men lived in the home for old men when it first started?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator guesses Bold is how old?
2. What is Dr. Grantly's first name?
3. Who asks, " And who does manage the hospital"?
4. What is the name of the beadsman who fully supports Harding?
5. The beadsman who fully supports Harding holds what position at the old men's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a newspaper article describe Harding?
2. Why is no new warden appointed for the hospital?
3. What does Grantly say when he confronts the beadsmen about taking legal action?
4. How do Bold and the beadsmen feel when they read an article about Harding in the newspaper?
5. Do you think the story has a happy ending?
6. How does Bold react when he comes home and finds Eleanor there crying?
7. Why is Eleanor not worried about seeing Bold when she goes to see Mary?
8. When the story ends, what is the status of Harding's family and their relationships to each other?
9. How does Harding feel by the time he is about to meet Sir Abraham?
10. How does the charitable men's home manage its money?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)