|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that Harding write to the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against him?
(b) The bishop.
2. What month is it in "Chapter 3, The Bishop of Barchester"?
3. What is Dr. Grantly's first name?
4. What is the last name of the beadsman named Jonathon?
5. How many people sit on a jury in England, according to Grantly?
Short Answer Questions
1. Grantly compares the newspaper that speaks badly of the warden to what in America?
2. Who says, "Sir Abraham has given most minute attention to the case"?
3. Who does the narrator compare Bold to in Chapter 6?
4. Who is Bold's lawyer?
5. What is Mary's relation to Bold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Eleanor reproaches Bold for being at odds with her father?
2. How does the charitable men's home manage its money?
3. How does a newspaper article describe Harding?
4. How does a scandal erupt out of the legal battle between Harding and the beadsmen?
5. What happens when Bold and Mary receive their party invitations?
6. What happens when Bold goes to visit Harding, hoping to demand a detailed statement of the hospital's accounts?
7. What advice does Grantly's wife give him that he refuses to listen to?
8. How do the inmates at the hospital react when they hear about reforms in other churches?
9. What does Grantly do after he decides to nip the beadsmens' rebellion in the bud.
10. How does Harding react when he reads an article about himself in the newspaper?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)