|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grantly says a local newspaper has taken up a case against what Lord?
(a) Lord Crawley.
(b) Lord Guildford.
(c) Lord Dorking.
(d) Lord Merrow.
2. What is Bold's first name?
3. Grantly says a local newspaper has taken up a case against the Dean of where?
4. Harding asks Eleanor if she is in love with whom?
(d) The bishop.
5. Grantly plans to win the case against Harding by saying he has what role at the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many copies of the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden are sold each time it comes out?
2. According to Hiram's will, how many paid employees can the hospital have?
3. How much money are the beadsmen hoping to collect a year if Harding is fired?
4. How long ago does Harding guess that he probably read Hiram's will?
5. What is Sir Abraham's title?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bold and Mary receive their party invitations?
2. How does Bunce react when he finds out that most of the beadsmen have already signed the petition saying that they deserve a much bigger share of the hospital's money?
3. How do the inmates at the hospital react when they hear about reforms in other churches?
4. How do Harding and Grantly feel about Bold's attempts to create reform?
5. How does Harding feel when Bold tells him he will probably take legal action against him?
6. What happens when Bold sees Eleanor after missing Harding's party?
7. What advice does Grantly's wife give him that he refuses to listen to?
8. Why does the narrator say he has made up the town of Barchester?
9. How does Harding react when Eleanor describes Bold as her enemy?
10. How does a newspaper article describe Harding?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)