|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "It's all your own fault, archdeacon"?
2. What instrument does Harding play?
3. Who tells Harding not to write to the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against him?
(b) The bishop.
4. Who suggests that Harding write to the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against him?
(b) The bishop.
5. How much money are the beadsmen hoping to collect a year if Harding is fired?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sir Abraham's title?
2. How many men lived in the home for old men when it first started?
3. Whose home is called Plumstead Episcopi?
4. What is the first name of the beadsman called Skulpit?
5. What is the relationship between Harding and the bishop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bold goes to visit Harding, hoping to demand a detailed statement of the hospital's accounts?
2. Why is Eleanor not worried about seeing Bold when she goes to see Mary?
3. How does a newspaper article describe Harding?
4. What does Harding do to make sure he does not become enemies with Bold?
5. Why does Harding tell Eleanor to go for a walk after he gets done visiting at the bishop's palace?
6. How does Harding feel when Bold tells him he will probably take legal action against him?
7. What happens when Bold and Mary receive their party invitations?
8. What do Grantly and the bishop tell Harding that Sir Abraham has said about their legal case?
9. How does the bishop react when Harding tells him that Bold, who might marry his daughter, is looking to take legal action against him?
10. How does a scandal erupt out of the legal battle between Harding and the beadsmen?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)