|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men lived in the home for old men when it first started?
2. Who says, "It's all your own fault, archdeacon"?
3. What is Dr. Grantly's first name?
4. Who is Grantly's lawyer?
5. What is the name of the beadsman who mutters "he didn't know" over and over?
(a) Samuel Townsend.
(b) David Martin.
(c) Tommy White.
(d) Billy Gazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harding tells Bold that he will not allow him to be put in what kind of court?
2. Who says, "God bless you, sir, we know you was always our friend"?
3. What is the name of the made up cathedral town where the story takes place?
4. What is the name of Grantly's wife?
5. What is Bold's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bold leave angrily from his meeting with Tom?
2. What happens after Eleanor reproaches Bold for being at odds with her father?
3. What happens when Grantly tells Bold he cannot back out of the legal situation?
4. How does Grantly react when Harding tells him he will resign?
5. What is Harding's plan for he and Eleanor after the lawsuit is over?
6. Why is Harding hesitant to let Grantly take on Bold in a legal battle?
7. Why does Harding decide not to spend his second day in London in his hotel?
8. How does Bold react when he comes home and finds Eleanor there crying?
9. How is Harding's resignation received, over all?
10. What advice does Grantly's wife give him that he refuses to listen to?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)