|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose home is called Plumstead Episcopi?
2. What is the name of the beadsman who wants all the other men to sign a petition against Harding?
(a) Kevin Hardy.
(b) Thomas Angel.
(c) Abel Handy.
(d) James Foster.
3. Who is Bold's lawyer?
4. What animal does the narrator compare Grantly to in Chapter 5, "Dr. Grantly Visits the Hospital"?
(a) A dog.
(b) A shark.
(c) A cock.
(d) A rat.
5. According to Hiram's will, how many paid employees can the hospital have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many clauses are in the bill that Sir Abraham is engaged in when Grantly calls on him for help?
2. Who says, "I have the well-being of my child to look to"?
3. Who asks, " And who does manage the hospital"?
4. What is Harding's first name?
5. Grantly compares the newspaper that speaks badly of the warden to what in Russia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Grantly's wife give him that he refuses to listen to?
2. What happens when Bold sees Eleanor after missing Harding's party?
3. What happens when Bold and Mary receive their party invitations?
4. How do Grantly and his lawyer prepare for the possibility that the beadsmen will take legal action against Harding?
5. How does Harding feel when Bold tells him he will probably take legal action against him?
6. How does Harding react when Eleanor describes Bold as her enemy?
7. How does Hiram's Hospital come to exist?
8. Why is Harding hesitant to let Grantly take on Bold in a legal battle?
9. Why does Bold take issue with the charitable men's home?
10. What does Grantly warn Harding that will happen if he gives up his position?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)