|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary's relation to Bold?
2. What is the name of the beadsman who wants all the other men to sign a petition against Harding?
(a) Abel Handy.
(b) James Foster.
(c) Thomas Angel.
(d) Kevin Hardy.
3. Who refuses to attend Harding's party?
4. What animal does the narrator compare Grantly to in Chapter 5, "Dr. Grantly Visits the Hospital"?
(a) A shark.
(b) A cock.
(c) A dog.
(d) A rat.
5. What does Harding demand to see a copy of in Chapter 9, "The Conference"?
(a) All of the newspaper articles about him.
(b) The petition against him.
(c) A love letter to Eleanor.
(d) Sir Abraham's response to the lawsuit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Grantly's relationship to the bishop?
2. What is Bold's occupation?
3. How many years older is Mary than Bold?
4. What is Harding's first name?
5. Who shows up at the old men's home to talk to the beadsman in an attempt to nip their rebellion in the bud?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Harding's relationship to the Bishop of Barchester?
2. How does Grantly react when Harding tells him he will resign?
3. How is Harding's resignation received, over all?
4. How does Bold respond when Eleanor begs him to promise that he will stop the legal proceedings against her father?
5. How does Harding feel when Bold tells him he will probably take legal action against him?
6. What does Harding do to make sure he does not become enemies with Bold?
7. How does Hiram's Hospital come to exist?
8. What does Grantly say when he confronts the beadsmen about taking legal action?
9. Why does Harding feel he should leave for London as soon as possible?
10. Why does Bold suspect that he is to blame for the article in the newspaper that slanders Harding?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)