|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eleanor sees Harding upset, who does she try to send him?
2. Who says, "I have the well-being of my child to look to"?
(c) The bishop.
3. Who is Bold's lawyer?
4. Grantly says a local newspaper has taken up a case against how many bishops?
(a) One dozen.
(b) Two dozen.
(c) Three dozen.
(d) Half a dozen.
5. Who refers to Bold as a "pestilent intruder"?
(d) The bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You shall do just what your heart tells you to be right; you shall do whatever you think best yourself"?
2. What does Harding demand to see a copy of in Chapter 9, "The Conference"?
3. What is the relationship between Harding and the bishop?
4. The narrator guesses Bold is how old?
5. What is the name of the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Eleanor reproaches Bold for being at odds with her father?
2. Why does Sir Abraham think Harding has come to see him?
3. How does Grantly react when Harding tells him he will resign?
4. Why does Bold take issue with the charitable men's home?
5. How do the inmates at the hospital react when they hear about reforms in other churches?
6. What does Grantly warn Harding that will happen if he gives up his position?
7. What is Grantly's idea for how Harding can remain employed?
8. Why is no new warden appointed for the hospital?
9. How does Tom seem to feel about his position at the newspaper?
10. How does Bold react when he comes home and finds Eleanor there crying?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)