|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grantly plans to win the case against Harding by saying he has what role at the hospital?
2. How is the relationship between Eleanor and Bold?
(a) They are divorced.
(b) They are in love.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) They are coworkers.
3. Whose home is called Plumstead Episcopi?
4. Grantly compares the newspaper that speaks badly of the warden to what in Russia?
(c) The Czar.
5. What is the name of the beadsman who mutters "he didn't know" over and over?
(a) Tommy White.
(b) Samuel Townsend.
(c) Billy Gazy.
(d) David Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Grantly that he should let Bold marry Eleanor?
2. What is the name of the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden?
3. What is Harding's title at the hospital for old men?
4. Who says, "You shall do just what your heart tells you to be right; you shall do whatever you think best yourself"?
5. How many copies of the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden are sold each time it comes out?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a scandal erupt out of the legal battle between Harding and the beadsmen?
2. How does Harding feel when Bold tells him he will probably take legal action against him?
3. Why is Eleanor not worried about seeing Bold when she goes to see Mary?
4. What is Harding's relationship to the Bishop of Barchester?
5. What does Grantly warn Harding that will happen if he gives up his position?
6. What happens when Bold goes to visit Harding, hoping to demand a detailed statement of the hospital's accounts?
7. What advice does Grantly's wife give him that he refuses to listen to?
8. Why does Bold take issue with the charitable men's home?
9. How does a newspaper article describe Harding?
10. Why does Harding tell Eleanor to go for a walk after he gets done visiting at the bishop's palace?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)