|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first name of the man who, centuries before the story opens, started a home for the old and destitute men of the city?
2. Who asks, "But why shouldn't they petition, doctor?"
3. Grantly says a local newspaper has taken up a case against how many bishops?
(a) Two dozen.
(b) Half a dozen.
(c) One dozen.
(d) Three dozen.
4. What is Bold's first name?
5. What does Harding demand to see a copy of in Chapter 9, "The Conference"?
(a) A love letter to Eleanor.
(b) Sir Abraham's response to the lawsuit.
(c) The petition against him.
(d) All of the newspaper articles about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harding asks Bold if who will ever get use of her limb again?
2. Who says, "Sir Abraham has given most minute attention to the case"?
3. What does Harding call Eleanor as a nickname?
4. What is Dr. Grantly's first name?
5. How much money does Harding make each year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Harding hesitant to let Grantly take on Bold in a legal battle?
2. How does Bunce react when he finds out that most of the beadsmen have already signed the petition saying that they deserve a much bigger share of the hospital's money?
3. What does Grantly do after he decides to nip the beadsmens' rebellion in the bud.
4. Why does Bold take issue with the charitable men's home?
5. What happens after Eleanor reproaches Bold for being at odds with her father?
6. How do Harding and Grantly feel about Bold's attempts to create reform?
7. Why is Eleanor not worried about seeing Bold when she goes to see Mary?
8. What is Harding's relationship to the Bishop of Barchester?
9. What does Harding do to make sure he does not become enemies with Bold?
10. How does Hiram's Hospital come to exist?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)