|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden come out?
(a) Twice a week.
(b) Each day.
(c) Every two weeks.
(d) Once a week.
2. Who is Bold's lawyer?
3. The beadsman who fully supports Harding holds what position at the old men's home?
4. What is the name of the made up cathedral town where the story takes place?
5. How many years older is Mary than Bold?
(a) 4 or 5.
(b) 10 or 12.
(c) 8 or 9.
(d) 1 or 2.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "For heaven's sake, don't let us have division in the camp."?
2. Who says, "Personal emnity! Going to do!"?
3. What is the name of the old men's home where Harding works?
4. What is the name of the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden?
5. Who asks, " And who does manage the hospital"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harding do to make sure he does not become enemies with Bold?
2. What do Grantly and the bishop tell Harding that Sir Abraham has said about their legal case?
3. Why does Bold take issue with the charitable men's home?
4. What do Grantly and the bishop tell Harding when he asks what should be done about the slander the Jupiter published against him?
5. How does the bishop react when Harding tells him that Bold, who might marry his daughter, is looking to take legal action against him?
6. How does Hiram's Hospital come to exist?
7. Why is Harding hesitant to let Grantly take on Bold in a legal battle?
8. What does Grantly say when he confronts the beadsmen about taking legal action?
9. What advice does Grantly's wife give him that he refuses to listen to?
10. How does Harding react when Eleanor describes Bold as her enemy?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)