|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks, "But why shouldn't they petition, doctor?"
2. How many men lived in the home for old men when it first started?
3. How much money does Harding make each year?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 550 pounds.
(c) 1200 pounds.
(d) 800 pounds.
4. What is the last name of the beadsman named Jonathon?
5. How is the relationship between Eleanor and Bold?
(a) They are divorced.
(b) They are in love.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) They are coworkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people sit on a jury in England, according to Grantly?
2. Where is the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden located?
3. Who says, "Sir Abraham has given most minute attention to the case"?
4. What does Harding call Eleanor as a nickname?
5. Whose home is called Plumstead Episcopi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bold sees Eleanor after missing Harding's party?
2. How do Harding and Grantly feel about Bold's attempts to create reform?
3. What happens when Bold and Mary receive their party invitations?
4. How do Bold and the beadsmen feel when they read an article about Harding in the newspaper?
5. What does Grantly say when he confronts the beadsmen about taking legal action?
6. How do the inmates at the hospital react when they hear about reforms in other churches?
7. How does the bishop react when Harding tells him that Bold, who might marry his daughter, is looking to take legal action against him?
8. What does Grantly warn Harding that will happen if he gives up his position?
9. How does Harding feel when Bold tells him he will probably take legal action against him?
10. How does Harding react when he reads an article about himself in the newspaper?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)