|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harding asks Bold if who will ever get use of her limb again?
(a) Maria Stone.
(b) Elizabeth Smith.
(c) Sarah Childs.
(d) Mary Jones.
2. Who says, "You know how fond I am of sacred music"?
3. Who tells Grantly that he should let Bold marry Eleanor?
(b) The bishop.
4. What animal does the narrator compare Grantly to in Chapter 5, "Dr. Grantly Visits the Hospital"?
(a) A shark.
(b) A cock.
(c) A dog.
(d) A rat.
5. Who says, "You shall do just what your heart tells you to be right; you shall do whatever you think best yourself"?
(a) Sir Abraham.
(c) The bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Grantly worry will attempt to talk to Sir Abraham?
2. Who asks, " And who does manage the hospital"?
3. What is Bold's occupation?
4. The narrator guesses Bold is how old?
5. How many people sit on a jury in England, according to Grantly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bold and Mary receive their party invitations?
2. How does the bishop react when Harding tells him that Bold, who might marry his daughter, is looking to take legal action against him?
3. Why is Eleanor not worried about seeing Bold when she goes to see Mary?
4. What do Grantly and the bishop tell Harding when he asks what should be done about the slander the Jupiter published against him?
5. What does Grantly say when he confronts the beadsmen about taking legal action?
6. Why does Harding tell Eleanor to go for a walk after he gets done visiting at the bishop's palace?
7. Why is Harding hesitant to let Grantly take on Bold in a legal battle?
8. What do Grantly and the bishop tell Harding that Sir Abraham has said about their legal case?
9. How does Bunce react when he finds out that most of the beadsmen have already signed the petition saying that they deserve a much bigger share of the hospital's money?
10. What happens when Bold goes to visit Harding, hoping to demand a detailed statement of the hospital's accounts?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)