|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harding feel at the beginning of Chapter 10, "Tribulation"?
2. When Eleanor sees Harding upset, who does she try to send him?
3. What relation is Grantly to Harding?
4. Who is Grantly's lawyer?
5. Harding tells Bold that he will not allow him to be put in what kind of court?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Sir Abraham has given most minute attention to the case"?
2. What is the name of the beadsman who fully supports Harding?
3. How long has Bold been in the city where the old men's home is located?
4. What is Sir Abraham's last name?
5. What is the first name of the man who, centuries before the story opens, started a home for the old and destitute men of the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Bold and the beadsmen feel when they read an article about Harding in the newspaper?
2. Why is Harding hesitant to let Grantly take on Bold in a legal battle?
3. What happens when Bold goes to visit Harding, hoping to demand a detailed statement of the hospital's accounts?
4. What does Grantly do after he decides to nip the beadsmens' rebellion in the bud.
5. How does a newspaper article describe Harding?
6. How does Harding feel when Bold tells him he will probably take legal action against him?
7. How does the bishop react when Harding tells him that Bold, who might marry his daughter, is looking to take legal action against him?
8. How does Hiram's Hospital come to exist?
9. What advice does Grantly's wife give him that he refuses to listen to?
10. What does Grantly say when he confronts the beadsmen about taking legal action?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)