|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anticant do for a living?
(c) Law enforcement.
2. What time is it when Harding gets back to his London hotel from meeting with Sir Abraham?
(a) 9 p.m.
(b) 11 a.m.
(c) 4 p.m.
(d) 12 a.m.
3. What does Harding say is nice about his little cottage?
(a) The fireplace.
(b) The stairwell.
(c) The garden.
(d) The balcony.
4. What is Sentiment's first name?
5. Which character is friends with Tom?
6. Who does Anticant condemn harshly?
7. What is the last name of Tom, who works at a powerful newspaper?
8. What is the name of the magazine Bold buys after leaving Tom?
(a) The Almshouse.
(b) The Doghouse.
(c) The Outhouse.
(d) The Poorhouse.
9. A second newspaper article published about Harding what the last of how many leaders in the paper?
10. What time is it when Harding meets with Sir. Abraham?
(a) 10 p.m.
(c) 4 p.m.
11. What do Harding and the beadsmen drink at his farewell gathering?
12. Who does Harding owe money to when he plans to sell personal belongings?
(c) Sir Abraham.
(d) The bishop.
13. What is the name of the cottage Eleanor and Harding decide to live in?
(a) Appletree Parva.
(b) Palmtree Parva.
(c) Crabtree Parva.
(d) Pinetree Parva.
14. In what country has Anticant spent most of his earlier days?
15. Where does Bold go immediately Eleanor visits him?
(a) To the old men's home.
(b) Back to London.
(c) To church.
(d) To see Grantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say will probably happen to Eleanor if she goes to visit Bold?
2. Who says, "Mr. Bold can act as he thinks proper, my love"?
3. Who owns Crabtree Canonicorum?
4. Harding says a second newspaper article that speaks badly of him will be read all the clergymen in what city?
5. How much money does Grantly tell Harding he will have when he resigns?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)