|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the lawyers and clergymen feel about Harding since he retired?
(a) He is uneducated.
(b) He is a coward.
(c) He is noble.
(d) He is generous.
2. What Greek mythological character does Eleanor compare Harding to?
3. Who says, "Mr. Bold can't dispute the truth of every word in that article you have just read--nor can I."
4. Where does Harding say he is going at the beginning of Chapter 13, "The Warden's Decision"?
(d) New York City.
5. What color is Sir Abraham's hair?
6. Who does Harding want to see immediately when he arrives in London?
(c) Sir Abraham.
7. A second newspaper article published about Harding what the last of how many leaders in the paper?
8. Who dies at the end of Chapter 20, "Farewell"?
9. About how old is Sir Abraham?
10. What does Anticant do for a living?
(d) Law enforcement.
11. Where has Bold just returned from when Eleanor goes to see him?
12. Who meets Harding at the train station when he goes home?
(b) The bishop.
13. What does Harding say is nice about his little cottage?
(a) The garden.
(b) The stairwell.
(c) The balcony.
(d) The fireplace.
14. Who says, "You must now, you know, cease any joking about me and Mr. Bold."?
15. What is the name of the cottage Eleanor and Harding decide to live in?
(a) Palmtree Parva.
(b) Crabtree Parva.
(c) Appletree Parva.
(d) Pinetree Parva.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Bold think dropping the lawsuit will cost?
2. How do the townspeople feel about Harding when he resigns from the old men's home?
3. How does Sentiment's magazine portray Harding?
4. Who owns Crabtree Canonicorum?
5. Who says, "I had such good news for you, and now you make me fear I am too late"?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)