|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how old is Sir Abraham?
2. How does the narrator describe Harding's usual mood?
3. Who says, "That's philosophical; it's quite refreshing to hear a man talking of his hundreds in so purely indifferent a manner"?
4. Who does Grantly throw out of his home at the end of "Mr. Bold's Visit to Plumstead"?
5. What is Anticant's first name?
6. Who owns Crabtree Canonicorum?
(a) Rev. Vesey Stanhope.
(b) Rev. David Maxwell.
(c) Rev. Jasper Claims.
(d) Rev. Elliot George.
7. Who says, "Don't you know that their attorneys have noticed us that they have withdrawn the suit"?
(c) Sir Abraham.
8. The narrator says Sir Abraham has a stoop where?
(a) In his neck.
(b) In his legs.
(c) In his hips.
(d) In his back.
9. What does Harding plan to sell to pay his consultation fees?
(a) His horses.
(b) His books.
10. What color is Sir Abraham's hair?
11. The narrator says unmarried woman of what age would oppose Eleanor and not give her sympathy?
12. How is Sir Abraham described?
(a) Big and tall.
(b) Short and fat.
(c) Tall and thin.
(d) Short and skinny.
13. What does Tom show Bold that angers him?
(a) A pamphlet.
(b) An advertisement.
(c) The lifestyle section.
(d) A letter to the edior.
14. In what country has Anticant spent most of his earlier days?
15. What goddess has her seat on Mount Olympus, according to the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the townspeople feel about Harding when he resigns from the old men's home?
2. Where does Harding spend of his second day in London?
3. Who says, " I want to ask you if you can oblige me in a certain matter"?
4. Which character is friends with Tom?
5. How soon after his meeting with Sir Abraham does Harding go back home?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)