|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the magazine Bold buys after leaving Tom?
(a) The Poorhouse.
(b) The Almshouse.
(c) The Outhouse.
(d) The Doghouse.
2. Where has Bold just returned from when Eleanor goes to see him?
3. In what country has Anticant spent most of his earlier days?
4. What is Sentiment's first name?
5. How soon after his meeting with Sir Abraham does Harding go back home?
(a) That same night.
(b) The next afternoon.
(c) The next morning.
(d) Two days later.
6. How much does Bold think dropping the lawsuit will cost?
(a) 400 pounds.
(b) 300 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 800 pounds.
7. The narrator says unmarried woman of what age would oppose Eleanor and not give her sympathy?
8. How do the townspeople feel about Harding when he resigns from the old men's home?
(a) They feel betrayed.
(b) They are relieved.
(c) They admire him.
(d) They think he is crazy.
9. What time is it when Harding gets back to his London hotel from meeting with Sir Abraham?
(a) 11 a.m.
(b) 12 a.m.
(c) 4 p.m.
(d) 9 p.m.
10. How does Grantly pay his and Harding's legal fees?
(a) The church account.
(b) He takes it out of his own salary.
(c) The beadsmen give him the money.
(d) With donations.
11. Where do Harding and Eleanor move while waiting for their cottage to clear out?
(a) In with Grantly.
(b) A boarding house.
(c) In with the bishop.
(d) A church basement.
12. What does Tom show Bold that angers him?
(a) The lifestyle section.
(b) A pamphlet.
(c) A letter to the edior.
(d) An advertisement.
13. Who says, " I want to ask you if you can oblige me in a certain matter"?
14. What does Harding plan to sell to pay his consultation fees?
(c) His horses.
(d) His books.
15. Grantly plans to give Harding's job at the old men's home to a man with how many children?
Short Answer Questions
1. Harding says a second newspaper article that speaks badly of him will be read all the clergymen in what city?
2. What Greek mythological character does Eleanor compare Harding to?
3. Who says, "Mr. Bold can act as he thinks proper, my love"?
4. How much is Harding's little cottage worth a year?
5. Who owns Crabtree Canonicorum?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)