|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Grantly tell Harding he will have when he resigns?
(a) 75 percent of what he thinks.
(b) A quarter of what he thinks.
(c) Half of what he thinks.
(d) About 100 pounds a year.
2. How soon after his meeting with Sir Abraham does Harding go back home?
(a) The next morning.
(b) Two days later.
(c) The next afternoon.
(d) That same night.
3. How long does Harding wait for his appointment with Sir Abraham?
(a) An hour.
(b) 30 or 45 minutes.
(c) 15 or 20 minutes,
(d) 1 or 2 minutes.
4. In what country has Anticant spent most of his earlier days?
5. What does Anticant do for a living?
(c) Law enforcement.
6. Where does Bold go immediately Eleanor visits him?
(a) To church.
(b) To see Grantly.
(c) To the old men's home.
(d) Back to London.
7. What is the name of the cottage Eleanor and Harding decide to live in?
(a) Crabtree Parva.
(b) Appletree Parva.
(c) Palmtree Parva.
(d) Pinetree Parva.
8. How is Sir Abraham described?
(a) Short and fat.
(b) Big and tall.
(c) Tall and thin.
(d) Short and skinny.
9. What does the narrator say will probably happen to Eleanor if she goes to visit Bold?
(a) She will get kissed.
(b) She will get lost.
(c) He will yell at her.
(d) His wife will attack her.
10. What color is Sir Abraham's hair?
11. What is the last name of Tom, who works at a powerful newspaper?
12. Who says, "I am sure he loves you better than anything in the world."
13. Where does Harding say he is going at the beginning of Chapter 13, "The Warden's Decision"?
(b) New York City.
14. Where does Harding go after dinner on his second day in London?
(b) Cigar house.
15. How does Grantly pay his and Harding's legal fees?
(a) The church account.
(b) The beadsmen give him the money.
(c) With donations.
(d) He takes it out of his own salary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator, when addressing his female readers, say they do not understand Eleanor?
2. Who says, " I want to ask you if you can oblige me in a certain matter"?
3. Who says, "Don't you know that their attorneys have noticed us that they have withdrawn the suit"?
4. What time is it when Harding gets back to his London hotel from meeting with Sir Abraham?
5. A second newspaper article that speaks badly of Harding asks why an old men's home needs what?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)