|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets Harding at the train station when he goes home?
(c) The bishop.
2. A second newspaper article that speaks badly of Harding asks why an old men's home needs what?
(a) A manager.
(b) A warden.
(c) A preacher.
(d) A nurse.
3. Who says, "Don't you know that their attorneys have noticed us that they have withdrawn the suit"?
(b) Sir Abraham.
4. Where does Bold go immediately Eleanor visits him?
(a) To the old men's home.
(b) To church.
(c) Back to London.
(d) To see Grantly.
5. How long does Harding wait for his appointment with Sir Abraham?
(a) 1 or 2 minutes.
(b) 30 or 45 minutes.
(c) 15 or 20 minutes,
(d) An hour.
6. How is Sir Abraham described?
(a) Big and tall.
(b) Tall and thin.
(c) Short and fat.
(d) Short and skinny.
7. Why does Sir Abraham think Harding is visiting him?
(a) To ask for money.
(b) To ask him to marry Bold and Eleanor.
(c) Because the lawsuit has been dropped.
(d) Because of the newspaper article.
8. Who says, " I want to ask you if you can oblige me in a certain matter"?
9. What is Tom's role at a powerful newspaper?
(a) Delivery boy.
(c) Copy editior.
(d) Head reporter.
10. What Greek mythological character does Eleanor want to be like?
11. What is Anticant's first name?
12. What is the name of the cottage Eleanor and Harding decide to live in?
(a) Appletree Parva.
(b) Crabtree Parva.
(c) Palmtree Parva.
(d) Pinetree Parva.
13. Where is Anticant from?
14. What does Tom show Bold that angers him?
(a) A pamphlet.
(b) A letter to the edior.
(c) The lifestyle section.
(d) An advertisement.
15. What goddess has her seat on Mount Olympus, according to the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country has Anticant spent most of his earlier days?
2. Why does the narrator feel sorry for Sir Abraham's wife?
3. Who owns Crabtree Canonicorum?
4. The narrator says Eleanor is worthy of being the daughter of whom?
5. What color is Sir Abraham's hair?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)