|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Greek mythological character does Eleanor want to be like?
2. Who says, "I had such good news for you, and now you make me fear I am too late"?
3. Who says, "I am sure he loves you better than anything in the world."
4. The same person who owns Crabtree Canonicorum also owns a hospitable villa on what lake?
(a) Lake Como.
(b) Lake Maggiore.
(c) Lake Geneva.
(d) Lake Prespa.
5. How is Sir Abraham described?
(a) Short and fat.
(b) Big and tall.
(c) Tall and thin.
(d) Short and skinny.
6. A second newspaper article published about Harding what the last of how many leaders in the paper?
7. What do critics say Anticant cannot do?
(b) Relate to people.
(c) Write English.
(d) Paint with watercolors.
8. Where has Bold just returned from when Eleanor goes to see him?
9. How long does Mary say Bold will be gone when Eleanor visits him?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) All day.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 30 minutes.
10. What time is it when Harding gets back to his London hotel from meeting with Sir Abraham?
(a) 12 a.m.
(b) 11 a.m.
(c) 9 p.m.
(d) 4 p.m.
11. What time is it when Harding meets with Sir. Abraham?
(a) 10 p.m.
(d) 4 p.m.
12. About how old is Sir Abraham?
13. Who says, " I want to ask you if you can oblige me in a certain matter"?
14. Harding says a second newspaper article that speaks badly of him will be read all the clergymen in what city?
15. What does Anticant do for a living?
(d) Law enforcement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanied Grantly to London to find Harding?
2. What is the name of the magazine Bold buys after leaving Tom?
3. The narrator says Eleanor will receive sympathy from women older than what age?
4. Who says, "Mr. Bold can act as he thinks proper, my love"?
5. Who tells Bold that Eleanor has come to see him?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)