|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say will probably happen to Eleanor if she goes to visit Bold?
(a) He will yell at her.
(b) She will get lost.
(c) She will get kissed.
(d) His wife will attack her.
2. How long does Mary say Bold will be gone when Eleanor visits him?
(a) All day.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 30 minutes.
3. What does Tom show Bold that angers him?
(a) A letter to the edior.
(b) An advertisement.
(c) The lifestyle section.
(d) A pamphlet.
4. Who says, "Mr. Bold can act as he thinks proper, my love"?
5. What goddess has her seat on Mount Olympus, according to the narrator?
6. The narrator says Sir Abraham has a stoop where?
(a) In his hips.
(b) In his neck.
(c) In his legs.
(d) In his back.
7. About how old is Sir Abraham?
8. How much money does Grantly tell Harding he will have when he resigns?
(a) Half of what he thinks.
(b) 75 percent of what he thinks.
(c) About 100 pounds a year.
(d) A quarter of what he thinks.
9. How is Sir Abraham described?
(a) Short and fat.
(b) Tall and thin.
(c) Short and skinny.
(d) Big and tall.
10. Who lays in bed at the beginning of Chapter 11, "Iphigenia"?
11. The same person who owns Crabtree Canonicorum also owns a hospitable villa on what lake?
(a) Lake Prespa.
(b) Lake Maggiore.
(c) Lake Como.
(d) Lake Geneva.
12. The narrator says Eleanor will receive sympathy from girls younger than what age?
13. Who says, "I had such good news for you, and now you make me fear I am too late"?
14. Who does Grantly throw out of his home at the end of "Mr. Bold's Visit to Plumstead"?
15. How much does Bold think dropping the lawsuit will cost?
(a) 300 pounds.
(b) 800 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 400 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanied Grantly to London to find Harding?
2. In what country has Anticant spent most of his earlier days?
3. What does Anticant do for a living?
4. The narrator says Eleanor will receive sympathy from women older than what age?
5. Who says, "You must now, you know, cease any joking about me and Mr. Bold."?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)