|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character thinks of Eleanor as their sister?
2. Who tells Bold that Eleanor has come to see him?
3. Which character is friends with Tom?
4. A second newspaper article that speaks badly of Harding asks why an old men's home needs what?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A preacher.
(c) A warden.
(d) A manager.
5. Who recommended that Bold buy a magazine by Sentiment?
6. The narrator says Eleanor will receive sympathy from women older than what age?
7. Who is Bold out with when Eleanor goes to see him?
(a) Sir Abraham.
8. Who accompanied Grantly to London to find Harding?
9. Who offers Harding several jobs to keep him nearby?
(d) The bishop.
10. Where does Bold go immediately Eleanor visits him?
(a) To church.
(b) Back to London.
(c) To the old men's home.
(d) To see Grantly.
11. Where is Anticant from?
12. Harding says a second newspaper article that speaks badly of him will be read all the clergymen in what city?
13. What is Anticant's first name?
14. Where does Harding say he is going at the beginning of Chapter 13, "The Warden's Decision"?
(a) New York City.
15. What does Anticant do for a living?
(b) Law enforcement.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how old is Sir Abraham?
2. A second newspaper article published about Harding what the last of how many leaders in the paper?
3. What is the last name of Tom, who works at a powerful newspaper?
4. How does the narrator describe Harding's usual mood?
5. How is Sir Abraham described?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)