|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator says Eleanor is worthy of being the daughter of whom?
2. Grantly plans to give Harding's job at the old men's home to a man with how many children?
3. What is the name of the cottage Eleanor and Harding decide to live in?
(a) Crabtree Parva.
(b) Palmtree Parva.
(c) Appletree Parva.
(d) Pinetree Parva.
4. Who does Harding owe money to when he plans to sell personal belongings?
(a) The bishop.
(d) Sir Abraham.
5. How long does Mary say Bold will be gone when Eleanor visits him?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) All day.
(d) 2 hours.
6. What is the last name of Tom, who works at a powerful newspaper?
7. Where does Harding go after dinner on his second day in London?
(b) Cigar house.
8. How much does Bold think dropping the lawsuit will cost?
(a) 800 pounds.
(b) 300 pounds.
(c) 400 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
9. Who says, "I am sure he loves you better than anything in the world."
10. About how old is Sir Abraham?
11. What Greek mythological character does Eleanor compare Harding to?
12. Who accompanied Grantly to London to find Harding?
13. The narrator says Eleanor will receive sympathy from women older than what age?
14. Who offers Harding several jobs to keep him nearby?
(d) The bishop.
15. A second newspaper article that speaks badly of Harding asks why an old men's home needs what?
(a) A preacher.
(b) A manager.
(c) A warden.
(d) A nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character thinks of Eleanor as their sister?
2. Who says, "Don't you know that their attorneys have noticed us that they have withdrawn the suit"?
3. Who says, "You must now, you know, cease any joking about me and Mr. Bold."?
4. What does Tom show Bold that angers him?
5. The narrator says Sir Abraham has a stoop where?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)