|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator says Sir Abraham has a stoop where?
(a) In his neck.
(b) In his legs.
(c) In his back.
(d) In his hips.
2. How is Sir Abraham described?
(a) Big and tall.
(b) Short and skinny.
(c) Tall and thin.
(d) Short and fat.
3. Who says, "I am sure he loves you better than anything in the world."
4. The same person who owns Crabtree Canonicorum also owns a hospitable villa on what lake?
(a) Lake Como.
(b) Lake Maggiore.
(c) Lake Geneva.
(d) Lake Prespa.
5. Who owns Crabtree Canonicorum?
(a) Rev. Vesey Stanhope.
(b) Rev. David Maxwell.
(c) Rev. Elliot George.
(d) Rev. Jasper Claims.
6. Who offers Harding several jobs to keep him nearby?
(d) The bishop.
7. Who tells Bold that Eleanor has come to see him?
8. Which character is friends with Tom?
9. Where does Bold go immediately Eleanor visits him?
(a) To the old men's home.
(b) To church.
(c) Back to London.
(d) To see Grantly.
10. How much does Bold think dropping the lawsuit will cost?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 400 pounds.
(c) 800 pounds.
(d) 300 pounds.
11. About how old is Sir Abraham?
12. Who accompanied Grantly to London to find Harding?
13. Grantly plans to give Harding's job at the old men's home to a man with how many children?
14. Who dies at the end of Chapter 20, "Farewell"?
15. What is Sentiment's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grantly pay his and Harding's legal fees?
2. How long does Harding wait for his appointment with Sir Abraham?
3. How does Sentiment's magazine portray Harding?
4. How do the lawyers and clergymen feel about Harding since he retired?
5. The narrator says Eleanor is worthy of being the daughter of whom?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)