|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How soon after his meeting with Sir Abraham does Harding go back home?
(a) Two days later.
(b) That same night.
(c) The next afternoon.
(d) The next morning.
2. Which character thinks of Eleanor as their sister?
3. Where does Bold go immediately Eleanor visits him?
(a) To church.
(b) To the old men's home.
(c) To see Grantly.
(d) Back to London.
4. Who does Harding owe money to when he plans to sell personal belongings?
(a) The bishop.
(c) Sir Abraham.
5. What do Harding and the beadsmen drink at his farewell gathering?
6. A second newspaper article published about Harding what the last of how many leaders in the paper?
7. What time is it when Harding gets back to his London hotel from meeting with Sir Abraham?
(a) 11 a.m.
(b) 9 p.m.
(c) 12 a.m.
(d) 4 p.m.
8. What is Anticant's first name?
9. How does Sentiment's magazine portray Harding?
(a) As a hero.
(b) As a godly man.
(c) As a puppet.
(d) As a villain.
10. Who meets Harding at the train station when he goes home?
(b) The bishop.
11. Who does Anticant condemn harshly?
12. About how old is Sir Abraham?
13. Who says, "I had such good news for you, and now you make me fear I am too late"?
14. What is Sentiment's first name?
15. Who dies at the end of Chapter 20, "Farewell"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says Eleanor will receive sympathy from women older than what age?
2. What is the name of the magazine Bold buys after leaving Tom?
3. The narrator says Eleanor is worthy of being the daughter of whom?
4. How long does Mary say Bold will be gone when Eleanor visits him?
5. What is Tom's role at a powerful newspaper?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)