|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country has Anticant spent most of his earlier days?
2. Where does Harding say he is going at the beginning of Chapter 13, "The Warden's Decision"?
(c) New York City.
3. Why does Sir Abraham think Harding is visiting him?
(a) To ask him to marry Bold and Eleanor.
(b) Because of the newspaper article.
(c) To ask for money.
(d) Because the lawsuit has been dropped.
4. Who says, "You must now, you know, cease any joking about me and Mr. Bold."?
5. Who says, "I had such good news for you, and now you make me fear I am too late"?
6. The same person who owns Crabtree Canonicorum also owns a hospitable villa on what lake?
(a) Lake Como.
(b) Lake Prespa.
(c) Lake Geneva.
(d) Lake Maggiore.
7. What is the name of the magazine Bold buys after leaving Tom?
(a) The Outhouse.
(b) The Poorhouse.
(c) The Doghouse.
(d) The Almshouse.
8. What goddess has her seat on Mount Olympus, according to the narrator?
9. How does Grantly pay his and Harding's legal fees?
(a) With donations.
(b) The beadsmen give him the money.
(c) The church account.
(d) He takes it out of his own salary.
10. How does Sentiment's magazine portray Harding?
(a) As a puppet.
(b) As a hero.
(c) As a villain.
(d) As a godly man.
11. How long does Harding wait for his appointment with Sir Abraham?
(a) 15 or 20 minutes,
(b) 30 or 45 minutes.
(c) 1 or 2 minutes.
(d) An hour.
12. Who does Anticant condemn harshly?
13. What does Harding plan to sell to pay his consultation fees?
(a) His horses.
(d) His books.
14. Why does the narrator feel sorry for Sir Abraham's wife?
(a) She is ugly.
(b) Her husband does not have time to talk to her.
(c) She has no friends.
(d) She has no money.
15. What is the last name of Tom, who works at a powerful newspaper?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when Harding gets back to his London hotel from meeting with Sir Abraham?
2. Who says, " I want to ask you if you can oblige me in a certain matter"?
3. Who is Bold out with when Eleanor goes to see him?
4. How do the townspeople feel about Harding when he resigns from the old men's home?
5. How much is Harding's little cottage worth a year?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)