|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character thinks of Eleanor as their sister?
2. What is the name of the cottage Eleanor and Harding decide to live in?
(a) Appletree Parva.
(b) Palmtree Parva.
(c) Crabtree Parva.
(d) Pinetree Parva.
3. Who recommended that Bold buy a magazine by Sentiment?
4. How much does Bold think dropping the lawsuit will cost?
(a) 300 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 400 pounds.
(d) 800 pounds.
5. The narrator says Eleanor is worthy of being the daughter of whom?
6. Where do Harding and Eleanor move while waiting for their cottage to clear out?
(a) A boarding house.
(b) A church basement.
(c) In with Grantly.
(d) In with the bishop.
7. What does Harding plan to sell to pay his consultation fees?
(a) His books.
(d) His horses.
8. The same person who owns Crabtree Canonicorum also owns a hospitable villa on what lake?
(a) Lake Como.
(b) Lake Prespa.
(c) Lake Geneva.
(d) Lake Maggiore.
9. What does Tom show Bold that angers him?
(a) A letter to the edior.
(b) A pamphlet.
(c) An advertisement.
(d) The lifestyle section.
10. When does Harding say he will resign from the old men's home?
(a) The next month.
(b) The next day.
(c) The next week.
(d) That night.
11. How do the lawyers and clergymen feel about Harding since he retired?
(a) He is noble.
(b) He is generous.
(c) He is uneducated.
(d) He is a coward.
12. Who says, "Mr. Bold can't dispute the truth of every word in that article you have just read--nor can I."
13. Who does Grantly throw out of his home at the end of "Mr. Bold's Visit to Plumstead"?
14. Who does Harding owe money to when he plans to sell personal belongings?
(c) Sir Abraham.
(d) The bishop.
15. Who does Anticant condemn harshly?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country has Anticant spent most of his earlier days?
2. Where does Harding say he is going at the beginning of Chapter 13, "The Warden's Decision"?
3. How much is Harding's little cottage worth a year?
4. What is Anticant's first name?
5. What do Harding and the beadsmen drink at his farewell gathering?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)