|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recommended that Bold buy a magazine by Sentiment?
2. When does Harding say he will resign from the old men's home?
(a) The next week.
(b) That night.
(c) The next day.
(d) The next month.
3. A second newspaper article that speaks badly of Harding asks why an old men's home needs what?
(a) A warden.
(b) A manager.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A preacher.
4. Where is Anticant from?
5. What is the name of the cottage Eleanor and Harding decide to live in?
(a) Palmtree Parva.
(b) Appletree Parva.
(c) Pinetree Parva.
(d) Crabtree Parva.
6. Where does Harding say he is going at the beginning of Chapter 13, "The Warden's Decision"?
(c) New York City.
7. How much does Bold think dropping the lawsuit will cost?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 400 pounds.
(c) 800 pounds.
(d) 300 pounds.
8. What color is Sir Abraham's hair?
9. How does Sentiment's magazine portray Harding?
(a) As a villain.
(b) As a puppet.
(c) As a godly man.
(d) As a hero.
10. Where does Harding go after dinner on his second day in London?
(c) Cigar house.
11. What is Anticant's first name?
12. What time is it when Harding meets with Sir. Abraham?
(b) 10 p.m.
(c) 4 p.m.
13. Who says, "Don't you know that their attorneys have noticed us that they have withdrawn the suit"?
(d) Sir Abraham.
14. What goddess has her seat on Mount Olympus, according to the narrator?
15. What is Tom's role at a powerful newspaper?
(b) Copy editior.
(c) Delivery boy.
(d) Head reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grantly plans to give Harding's job at the old men's home to a man with how many children?
2. Who dies at the end of Chapter 20, "Farewell"?
3. In what country has Anticant spent most of his earlier days?
4. What do critics say Anticant cannot do?
5. The narrator says Eleanor will receive sympathy from women older than what age?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)