|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator says Sir Abraham has a stoop where?
(a) In his back.
(b) In his hips.
(c) In his legs.
(d) In his neck.
2. Who meets Harding at the train station when he goes home?
(c) The bishop.
3. Who says, "Mr. Bold can't dispute the truth of every word in that article you have just read--nor can I."
4. What does Anticant do for a living?
(b) Law enforcement.
5. Where do Harding and Eleanor move while waiting for their cottage to clear out?
(a) A church basement.
(b) In with Grantly.
(c) A boarding house.
(d) In with the bishop.
6. When does Harding say he will resign from the old men's home?
(a) The next day.
(b) The next month.
(c) The next week.
(d) That night.
7. Grantly plans to give Harding's job at the old men's home to a man with how many children?
8. What does Harding say is nice about his little cottage?
(a) The balcony.
(b) The garden.
(c) The fireplace.
(d) The stairwell.
9. Which character thinks of Eleanor as their sister?
10. What goddess has her seat on Mount Olympus, according to the narrator?
11. How do the townspeople feel about Harding when he resigns from the old men's home?
(a) They feel betrayed.
(b) They are relieved.
(c) They think he is crazy.
(d) They admire him.
12. How soon after his meeting with Sir Abraham does Harding go back home?
(a) Two days later.
(b) That same night.
(c) The next morning.
(d) The next afternoon.
13. Who says, "Mr. Bold can act as he thinks proper, my love"?
14. What time is it when Harding gets back to his London hotel from meeting with Sir Abraham?
(a) 11 a.m.
(b) 9 p.m.
(c) 12 a.m.
(d) 4 p.m.
15. How is Sir Abraham described?
(a) Short and fat.
(b) Short and skinny.
(c) Tall and thin.
(d) Big and tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Harding spend of his second day in London?
2. How does Grantly pay his and Harding's legal fees?
3. How long does Harding wait for his appointment with Sir Abraham?
4. What color is Sir Abraham's hair?
5. Where does Harding say he is going at the beginning of Chapter 13, "The Warden's Decision"?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)