|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the old men's home where Harding works?
(a) Hopewell's Hospital.
(b) Harding's Hospital.
(c) Hiram's Hospital.
(d) Haversham's Hospital.
2. How many copies of the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden are sold each time it comes out?
3. What instrument does Harding play?
4. Grantly compares the newspaper that speaks badly of the warden to what in America?
(b) Indian tribes.
(c) The Irish gangs.
(d) The mob.
5. What is the name of the old man who is bed ridden?
(a) Matthew Teague.
(b) Johnny Bell.
(c) Carlton Jones.
(d) Sammie Olander.
6. How long has Bold been in the city where the old men's home is located?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 11 years,
(d) 1 year.
7. Who does Grantly get to represent him in the case against Bold?
(a) Sir Abraham.
(b) Sir Isaac.
(c) Sir Elon.
(d) Sir Boaz.
8. What is the first name of the man who, centuries before the story opens, started a home for the old and destitute men of the city?
9. Who does Grantly worry will attempt to talk to Sir Abraham?
10. How does Harding feel at the beginning of Chapter 10, "Tribulation"?
11. Who tells Grantly that he should let Bold marry Eleanor?
(b) The bishop.
12. How does Harding feel at the end of Chapter 10, "Tribulation"?
13. What is Bold's occupation?
14. Who says, "For heaven's sake, don't let us have division in the camp."?
(a) The bishop.
15. How many people sit on a jury in England, according to Grantly?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I have the well-being of my child to look to"?
2. What purchase does Harding make that he begins to feel was lavish ?
3. Who is Grantly's lawyer?
4. What does Harding demand to see a copy of in Chapter 9, "The Conference"?
5. What is Dr. Grantly's first name?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)