|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Grantly's wife?
2. What does Harding demand to see a copy of in Chapter 9, "The Conference"?
(a) Sir Abraham's response to the lawsuit.
(b) All of the newspaper articles about him.
(c) The petition against him.
(d) A love letter to Eleanor.
3. Whose home is called Plumstead Episcopi?
4. What instrument does Harding play?
5. It is well-known that Grantly always defends the side of what?
(a) His wife.
(b) The Church.
(c) The beadsmen.
(d) His father.
6. Who is Grantly's lawyer?
7. Who says, "For heaven's sake, don't let us have division in the camp."?
(c) The bishop.
8. Who asks, " And who does manage the hospital"?
9. Who would always say, "Well, well, Mr. Harding; you're too good, much too good"?
10. Who says, "You shall do just what your heart tells you to be right; you shall do whatever you think best yourself"?
(a) The bishop.
(c) Sir Abraham.
11. What is Sir Abraham's last name?
12. What is Harding's first name?
13. What is the name of the bill Sir Abraham is engaged in when Grantly calls on him for help?
(a) Convent Constraint Bill.
(b) Convent Custody Bill.
(c) Convent Committal Bill.
(d) Convent Confinement Bill.
14. Who does the narrator compare Bold to in Chapter 6?
(b) Guy Fawkes.
(c) Judas Iscariot.
(d) Wang Jingwei.
15. Who begins the reform to get Harding fired from the old men's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bold's first name?
2. Who does Grantly get to represent him in the case against Bold?
3. How much money does Harding make each year?
4. What is Grantly's youngest daughter called?
5. How much money is Harding in debt at the beginning of Chapter 10, "Tribulation"?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)