|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the made up cathedral town where the story takes place?
2. Harding tells Bold that he will not allow him to be put in what kind of court?
3. How many men lived in the home for old men when it first started?
4. How much money are the beadsmen hoping to collect a year if Harding is fired?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
5. Who suggests that Harding write to the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against him?
(d) The bishop.
6. Who refuses to attend Harding's party?
7. What is Grantly's youngest daughter called?
8. The narrator guesses Bold is how old?
9. What is Bold's occupation?
10. Who is Grantly's lawyer?
11. Who does the narrator describe as "a man somewhat shy of speaking of himself"?
12. What is Harding's first name?
13. Grantly says a local newspaper has taken up a case against the Dean of where?
14. What is the name of Grantly's wife?
15. Who begins the reform to get Harding fired from the old men's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden come out?
2. What relation is Grantly to Harding?
3. What is Grantly's relationship to the bishop?
4. Who tells Grantly that he should let Bold marry Eleanor?
5. Grantly says a local newspaper has taken up a case against what Lord?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)