|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary's relation to Bold?
2. What is the last name of the beadsman named Jonathon?
3. The beadsman who fully supports Harding holds what position at the old men's home?
4. What relation is Grantly to Harding?
5. What is Harding's first name?
6. What is the first name of the man who, centuries before the story opens, started a home for the old and destitute men of the city?
7. Whose home is called Plumstead Episcopi?
8. It is well-known that Grantly always defends the side of what?
(a) His father.
(b) The Church.
(c) The beadsmen.
(d) His wife.
9. Harding tells Bold that he will not allow him to be put in what kind of court?
10. Who does the narrator compare Bold to in Chapter 6?
(a) Wang Jingwei.
(b) Guy Fawkes.
(c) Judas Iscariot.
11. Grantly plans to win the case against Harding by saying he has what role at the hospital?
12. How does Harding feel at the end of Chapter 10, "Tribulation"?
13. Who asks, "But why shouldn't they petition, doctor?"
14. Who says, "It's all your own fault, archdeacon"?
15. How much money is Harding in debt at the beginning of Chapter 10, "Tribulation"?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 400 pounds.
(c) 300 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Harding play?
2. What is Sir Abraham's title?
3. What is Grantly's relationship to the bishop?
4. Who says, "For heaven's sake, don't let us have division in the camp."?
5. Who is Grantly's lawyer?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)