|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grantly says a local newspaper has taken up a case against how many bishops?
(a) Half a dozen.
(b) One dozen.
(c) Two dozen.
(d) Three dozen.
2. Who says, "You shall do just what your heart tells you to be right; you shall do whatever you think best yourself"?
(a) The bishop.
(c) Sir Abraham.
3. Harding asks Eleanor if she is in love with whom?
(b) The bishop.
4. What is the relationship between Harding and the bishop?
(a) Father and son.
(c) Best friends.
5. What is Dr. Grantly's first name?
6. How does Harding feel at the end of Chapter 10, "Tribulation"?
7. Who refers to Bold as a "pestilent intruder"?
(a) The bishop.
8. Harding asks Bold if who will ever get use of her limb again?
(a) Mary Jones.
(b) Maria Stone.
(c) Elizabeth Smith.
(d) Sarah Childs.
9. What instrument does Harding play?
10. Who does Grantly get to represent him in the case against Bold?
(a) Sir Abraham.
(b) Sir Isaac.
(c) Sir Elon.
(d) Sir Boaz.
11. The beadsman who fully supports Harding holds what position at the old men's home?
12. How much money does Harding make each year?
(a) 1200 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 550 pounds.
(d) 800 pounds.
13. Who is the saint of music that the narrator refers to in Chapter 5, "Dr. Grantly Visits the Hospital"?
(a) St. Cecilia.
(b) St. Helena.
(d) St. Faith.
14. Who says, "Of course you've heard of the petition?"
(d) Sir Abraham.
15. How much money is Harding in debt at the beginning of Chapter 10, "Tribulation"?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 300 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 400 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Sir Abraham has given most minute attention to the case"?
2. What is the name of the beadsman who wants all the other men to sign a petition against Harding?
3. Who says, "You know how fond I am of sacred music"?
4. What is the name of the old man who is bed ridden?
5. How many readers does the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden have, as estimated by the narrator?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)