|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the beadsman who mutters "he didn't know" over and over?
(a) Samuel Townsend.
(b) Tommy White.
(c) David Martin.
(d) Billy Gazy.
2. How is the relationship between Eleanor and Bold?
(a) They are coworkers.
(b) They are divorced.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) They are in love.
3. Who is the saint of music that the narrator refers to in Chapter 5, "Dr. Grantly Visits the Hospital"?
(b) St. Helena.
(c) St. Faith.
(d) St. Cecilia.
4. Who is Grantly's lawyer?
5. Who tells Harding not to write to the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against him?
(c) The bishop.
6. What is the relationship between Harding and the bishop?
(b) Best friends.
(d) Father and son.
7. What animal does the narrator compare Grantly to in Chapter 5, "Dr. Grantly Visits the Hospital"?
(a) A dog.
(b) A shark.
(c) A rat.
(d) A cock.
8. What instrument does Harding play?
9. When Eleanor sees Harding upset, who does she try to send him?
10. Who does Grantly get to represent him in the case against Bold?
(a) Sir Boaz.
(b) Sir Elon.
(c) Sir Isaac.
(d) Sir Abraham.
11. Who says, "You shall do just what your heart tells you to be right; you shall do whatever you think best yourself"?
(a) The bishop.
(d) Sir Abraham.
12. Who would always say, "Well, well, Mr. Harding; you're too good, much too good"?
13. Grantly plans to win the case against Harding by saying he has what role at the hospital?
14. What is Bold's occupation?
15. What is Bold's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Grantly's relationship to the bishop?
2. What is the name of the beadsman who fully supports Harding?
3. What is the name of the old men's home where Harding works?
4. Where is the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden located?
5. The narrator guesses Bold is how old?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)