Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men lived in the home for old men when it first started?
2. Who says, "It's all your own fault, archdeacon"?
3. What is Dr. Grantly's first name?
4. Who is Grantly's lawyer?
5. What is the name of the beadsman who mutters "he didn't know" over and over?
(a) Samuel Townsend.
(b) David Martin.
(c) Tommy White.
(d) Billy Gazy.
6. Harding tells Bold that he will not allow him to be put in what kind of court?
7. Who says, "God bless you, sir, we know you was always our friend"?
(b) Sir Abraham.
8. What is the name of the made up cathedral town where the story takes place?
9. What is the name of Grantly's wife?
10. What is Bold's first name?
11. What is Sir Abraham's title?
(b) Superior judge.
(c) High lawyer of the courts.
12. What is Bold's occupation?
13. Who says, "Personal emnity! Going to do!"?
14. Who does the narrator compare Bold to in Chapter 6?
(a) Guy Fawkes.
(b) Judas Iscariot.
(c) Wang Jingwei.
15. How much money does Harding make each year?
(a) 1200 pounds.
(b) 550 pounds.
(c) 800 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relation is Grantly to Harding?
2. Grantly says a local newspaper has taken up a case against what Lord?
3. What does Harding demand to see a copy of in Chapter 9, "The Conference"?
4. How long ago does Harding guess that he probably read Hiram's will?
5. What is Harding's title at the hospital for old men?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)