|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grantly compares the newspaper that speaks badly of the warden to what in America?
(a) The mob.
(c) Indian tribes.
(d) The Irish gangs.
2. What is the relationship between Harding and the bishop?
(c) Best friends.
(d) Father and son.
3. What is the name of the old men's home where Harding works?
(a) Hiram's Hospital.
(b) Harding's Hospital.
(c) Hopewell's Hospital.
(d) Haversham's Hospital.
4. According to Hiram's will, how many paid employees can the hospital have?
5. Who says, "You shall do just what your heart tells you to be right; you shall do whatever you think best yourself"?
(b) Sir Abraham.
(c) The bishop.
6. What is the name of Grantly's wife?
7. Who is Grantly's lawyer?
8. Who asks, " And who does manage the hospital"?
9. What is Sir Abraham's last name?
10. What is the first name of the man who, centuries before the story opens, started a home for the old and destitute men of the city?
11. What is Mary's relation to Bold?
12. What is the name of the beadsman who fully supports Harding?
13. What animal does the narrator compare Grantly to in Chapter 5, "Dr. Grantly Visits the Hospital"?
(a) A cock.
(b) A rat.
(c) A shark.
(d) A dog.
14. How long ago does Harding guess that he probably read Hiram's will?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 35 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 40 years.
15. Grantly plans to win the case against Harding by saying he has what role at the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Grantly's first name?
2. How much money are the beadsmen hoping to collect a year if Harding is fired?
3. How is the relationship between Eleanor and Bold?
4. What is the name of the old man who is bed ridden?
5. It is well-known that Grantly always defends the side of what?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)