|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Harding and the bishop?
(a) Best friends.
(d) Father and son.
2. Grantly plans to win the case against Harding by saying he has what role at the hospital?
3. Who tells Grantly that he should let Bold marry Eleanor?
(c) The bishop.
4. Who says, "It's all your own fault, archdeacon"?
5. What animal does the narrator compare Grantly to in Chapter 5, "Dr. Grantly Visits the Hospital"?
(a) A cock.
(b) A dog.
(c) A shark.
(d) A rat.
6. Who would always say, "Well, well, Mr. Harding; you're too good, much too good"?
7. How much money does Harding make each year?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 1200 pounds.
(c) 800 pounds.
(d) 550 pounds.
8. Who says, "You shall do just what your heart tells you to be right; you shall do whatever you think best yourself"?
(a) Sir Abraham.
(d) The bishop.
9. Who asks, " And who does manage the hospital"?
10. What does Harding call Eleanor as a nickname?
11. What is the last name of the beadsman named Jonathon?
12. Who says, "I have the well-being of my child to look to"?
(c) The bishop.
13. What is Bold's first name?
14. The beadsman who fully supports Harding holds what position at the old men's home?
15. What is Grantly's oldest daughter called?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first name of the man who, centuries before the story opens, started a home for the old and destitute men of the city?
2. Harding asks Bold if who will ever get use of her limb again?
3. How many years older is Mary than Bold?
4. Harding tells Bold that he will not allow him to be put in what kind of court?
5. What is the first name of the beadsman called Skulpit?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)