|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grantly compares the newspaper that speaks badly of the warden to what in America?
(a) Indian tribes.
(b) The mob.
(d) The Irish gangs.
2. Whose home is called Plumstead Episcopi?
3. What is the relationship between Harding and the bishop?
(a) Father and son.
(d) Best friends.
4. What is Dr. Grantly's first name?
5. Who does Grantly worry will attempt to talk to Sir Abraham?
6. What is the name of Grantly's wife?
7. What is the name of the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden?
(b) The Jupiter.
(c) The Sun.
(d) The Cosmos.
8. What is the last name of the beadsman named Jonathon?
9. What is the name of the old man who is bed ridden?
(a) Carlton Jones.
(b) Johnny Bell.
(c) Matthew Teague.
(d) Sammie Olander.
10. Who shows up at the old men's home to talk to the beadsman in an attempt to nip their rebellion in the bud?
(b) The bishop.
11. Who asks, " And who does manage the hospital"?
12. Who says, "You know how fond I am of sacred music"?
13. Who begins the reform to get Harding fired from the old men's home?
14. How does Harding feel at the beginning of Chapter 10, "Tribulation"?
15. Who says, "I have the well-being of my child to look to"?
(c) The bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Personal emnity! Going to do!"?
2. What is Harding's first name?
3. Grantly says a local newspaper has taken up a case against what Lord?
4. What is Grantly's relationship to the bishop?
5. The narrator guesses Bold is how old?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)