|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the saint of music that the narrator refers to in Chapter 5, "Dr. Grantly Visits the Hospital"?
(a) St. Faith.
(c) St. Helena.
(d) St. Cecilia.
2. What is the name of the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden?
(a) The Jupiter.
(b) The Cosmos.
(d) The Sun.
3. Who does the narrator compare Bold to in Chapter 6?
(b) Guy Fawkes.
(c) Wang Jingwei.
(d) Judas Iscariot.
4. Who says, "Of course you've heard of the petition?"
(d) Sir Abraham.
5. Who refuses to attend Harding's party?
6. What is the relationship between Harding and the bishop?
(c) Best friends.
(d) Father and son.
7. How many people sit on a jury in England, according to Grantly?
8. What is Harding's first name?
9. What is Dr. Grantly's first name?
10. Who says, "That's woman's logic all over, Mary"?
11. What month is it in "Chapter 3, The Bishop of Barchester"?
12. Who says, "It's all your own fault, archdeacon"?
13. Grantly compares the newspaper that speaks badly of the warden to what in Russia?
(b) The Czar.
14. Who says, "I have the well-being of my child to look to"?
(c) The bishop.
15. Harding asks Eleanor if she is in love with whom?
(a) The bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harding feel at the end of Chapter 10, "Tribulation"?
2. What is the name of the beadsman who wants all the other men to sign a petition against Harding?
3. What is the name of the bill Sir Abraham is engaged in when Grantly calls on him for help?
4. Who does Grantly worry will attempt to talk to Sir Abraham?
5. It is well-known that Grantly always defends the side of what?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)