|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator guesses Bold is how old?
2. Who says, "That's woman's logic all over, Mary"?
3. Who refuses to attend Harding's party?
4. What instrument does Harding play?
5. What does Harding call Eleanor as a nickname?
6. Who does Grantly worry will attempt to talk to Sir Abraham?
7. Who says, "Sir Abraham has given most minute attention to the case"?
(a) The bishop.
8. How much money does Harding make each year?
(a) 800 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 550 pounds.
(d) 1200 pounds.
9. Who tells Harding not to write to the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against him?
(d) The bishop.
10. Who does the narrator compare Bold to in Chapter 6?
(a) Judas Iscariot.
(b) Guy Fawkes.
(c) Wang Jingwei.
11. It is well-known that Grantly always defends the side of what?
(a) The Church.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) The beadsmen.
12. Grantly plans to win the case against Harding by saying he has what role at the hospital?
13. Who says, "For heaven's sake, don't let us have division in the camp."?
(c) The bishop.
14. Who says, "You shall do just what your heart tells you to be right; you shall do whatever you think best yourself"?
(b) Sir Abraham.
(c) The bishop.
15. Harding tells Bold that he will not allow him to be put in what kind of court?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men lived in the home for old men when it first started?
2. What month is it in "Chapter 3, The Bishop of Barchester"?
3. How long ago does Harding guess that he probably read Hiram's will?
4. Who tells Grantly that he should let Bold marry Eleanor?
5. Who does Grantly get to represent him in the case against Bold?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)