|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What purchase does Harding make that he begins to feel was lavish ?
(d) Song books.
2. Who says, "For heaven's sake, don't let us have division in the camp."?
(a) The bishop.
3. How much money is Harding in debt at the beginning of Chapter 10, "Tribulation"?
(a) 400 pounds.
(b) 300 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
4. What is Dr. Grantly's first name?
5. What is the name of the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden?
(a) The Cosmos.
(c) The Jupiter.
(d) The Sun.
6. How many people sit on a jury in England, according to Grantly?
7. How does Harding feel at the beginning of Chapter 10, "Tribulation"?
8. Grantly says a local newspaper has taken up a case against what Lord?
(a) Lord Guildford.
(b) Lord Crawley.
(c) Lord Merrow.
(d) Lord Dorking.
9. Who says, "Personal emnity! Going to do!"?
10. What is Bold's occupation?
11. Who says, "God bless you, sir, we know you was always our friend"?
(a) Sir Abraham.
12. What is the first name of the man who, centuries before the story opens, started a home for the old and destitute men of the city?
13. What is the name of the bill Sir Abraham is engaged in when Grantly calls on him for help?
(a) Convent Confinement Bill.
(b) Convent Constraint Bill.
(c) Convent Custody Bill.
(d) Convent Committal Bill.
14. Who says, "Of course you've heard of the petition?"
(b) Sir Abraham.
15. Who begins the reform to get Harding fired from the old men's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. The beadsman who fully supports Harding holds what position at the old men's home?
2. What is Grantly's oldest daughter called?
3. How many readers does the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden have, as estimated by the narrator?
4. It is well-known that Grantly always defends the side of what?
5. Who is the saint of music that the narrator refers to in Chapter 5, "Dr. Grantly Visits the Hospital"?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)