|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harding's first name?
2. What is Harding's title at the hospital for old men?
3. Who says, "It's all your own fault, archdeacon"?
4. How long has Bold been in the city where the old men's home is located?
(a) 11 years,
(b) 1 year.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 3 years.
5. What relation is Grantly to Harding?
6. Grantly says a local newspaper has taken up a case against the Dean of where?
7. What month is it in "Chapter 3, The Bishop of Barchester"?
8. Who says, "Of course you've heard of the petition?"
(c) Sir Abraham.
9. What instrument does Harding play?
10. Who tells Grantly that he should let Bold marry Eleanor?
(d) The bishop.
11. How often does the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden come out?
(a) Each day.
(b) Every two weeks.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Once a week.
12. Who refuses to attend Harding's party?
13. What is the first name of the beadsman called Skulpit?
14. What is Grantly's oldest daughter called?
15. How much money are the beadsmen hoping to collect a year if Harding is fired?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first name of the man who, centuries before the story opens, started a home for the old and destitute men of the city?
2. Harding tells Bold that he will not allow him to be put in what kind of court?
3. Who asks, "But why shouldn't they petition, doctor?"
4. Grantly says a local newspaper has taken up a case against how many bishops?
5. The narrator guesses Bold is how old?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)