|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Grantly's first name?
2. What is the name of Grantly's wife?
3. Grantly says a local newspaper has taken up a case against the Dean of where?
4. What is the name of the beadsman who mutters "he didn't know" over and over?
(a) Samuel Townsend.
(b) David Martin.
(c) Billy Gazy.
(d) Tommy White.
5. How long ago does Harding guess that he probably read Hiram's will?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 35 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 20 years.
6. What does Harding call Eleanor as a nickname?
7. What is the name of the beadsman who fully supports Harding?
8. What is the name of the old man who is bed ridden?
(a) Johnny Bell.
(b) Matthew Teague.
(c) Carlton Jones.
(d) Sammie Olander.
9. The beadsman who fully supports Harding holds what position at the old men's home?
10. What is the name of the made up cathedral town where the story takes place?
11. Who does Grantly get to represent him in the case against Bold?
(a) Sir Elon.
(b) Sir Isaac.
(c) Sir Boaz.
(d) Sir Abraham.
12. What is the first name of the beadsman called Skulpit?
13. Who is Bold's lawyer?
14. Who says, "Of course you've heard of the petition?"
(d) Sir Abraham.
15. What is the name of the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden?
(a) The Cosmos.
(b) The Sun.
(c) The Jupiter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You know how fond I am of sacred music"?
2. Grantly says a local newspaper has taken up a case against what Lord?
3. Who says, "It's all your own fault, archdeacon"?
4. What is Grantly's oldest daughter called?
5. Who is the saint of music that the narrator refers to in Chapter 5, "Dr. Grantly Visits the Hospital"?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)