|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Grantly that he should let Bold marry Eleanor?
(d) The bishop.
2. Grantly says a local newspaper has taken up a case against what Lord?
(a) Lord Dorking.
(b) Lord Merrow.
(c) Lord Guildford.
(d) Lord Crawley.
3. Who says, "For heaven's sake, don't let us have division in the camp."?
(b) The bishop.
4. What is Bold's occupation?
5. How many copies of the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden are sold each time it comes out?
6. How many men lived in the home for old men when it first started?
7. How much money does Harding make each year?
(a) 550 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 800 pounds.
(d) 1200 pounds.
8. Who asks, " And who does manage the hospital"?
9. Who says, "Sir Abraham has given most minute attention to the case"?
(d) The bishop.
10. What is Dr. Grantly's first name?
11. Who is the saint of music that the narrator refers to in Chapter 5, "Dr. Grantly Visits the Hospital"?
(b) St. Cecilia.
(c) St. Faith.
(d) St. Helena.
12. What is Grantly's relationship to the bishop?
13. Who asks, "But why shouldn't they petition, doctor?"
14. What is Grantly's youngest daughter called?
15. What does Harding call Eleanor as a nickname?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bold's lawyer?
2. Who does the narrator describe as "a man somewhat shy of speaking of himself"?
3. How much money is Harding in debt at the beginning of Chapter 10, "Tribulation"?
4. How many readers does the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden have, as estimated by the narrator?
5. What is the name of the old man who is bed ridden?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)