|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many copies of the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden are sold each time it comes out?
2. What is Sir Abraham's last name?
3. How many readers does the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden have, as estimated by the narrator?
4. Grantly compares the newspaper that speaks badly of the warden to what in America?
(b) Indian tribes.
(c) The Irish gangs.
(d) The mob.
5. What is the name of the beadsman who wants all the other men to sign a petition against Harding?
(a) Kevin Hardy.
(b) James Foster.
(c) Abel Handy.
(d) Thomas Angel.
6. What is Grantly's youngest daughter called?
7. How many people sit on a jury in England, according to Grantly?
8. What does Harding call Eleanor as a nickname?
9. Grantly says a local newspaper has taken up a case against how many bishops?
(a) Two dozen.
(b) Three dozen.
(c) One dozen.
(d) Half a dozen.
10. What purchase does Harding make that he begins to feel was lavish ?
(b) Song books.
11. It is well-known that Grantly always defends the side of what?
(a) His father.
(b) The Church.
(c) The beadsmen.
(d) His wife.
12. What is Harding's first name?
13. Who tells Harding not to write to the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against him?
(a) The bishop.
14. Harding asks Bold if who will ever get use of her limb again?
(a) Sarah Childs.
(b) Maria Stone.
(c) Elizabeth Smith.
(d) Mary Jones.
15. What is the first name of the man who, centuries before the story opens, started a home for the old and destitute men of the city?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up at the old men's home to talk to the beadsman in an attempt to nip their rebellion in the bud?
2. Grantly compares the newspaper that speaks badly of the warden to what in Russia?
3. Where is the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden located?
4. What is Bold's occupation?
5. Who does Grantly worry will attempt to talk to Sir Abraham?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)