|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Sir Abraham Haphazard—Chapter 18, The Warden is Very Obstinate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years older is Mary than Bold?
(a) 8 or 9.
(b) 10 or 12.
(c) 1 or 2.
(d) 4 or 5.
2. Who is Bold's lawyer?
3. Who says, "I had such good news for you, and now you make me fear I am too late"?
4. When Eleanor sees Harding upset, who does she try to send him?
5. Grantly compares the newspaper that speaks badly of the warden to what in America?
(a) Indian tribes.
(b) The Irish gangs.
(c) The mob.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Grantly worry will attempt to talk to Sir Abraham?
2. How long has Bold been in the city where the old men's home is located?
3. Why does the narrator, when addressing his female readers, say they do not understand Eleanor?
4. How does the narrator describe Harding's usual mood?
5. Who does Anticant condemn harshly?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)