|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Tom Towers, Dr. Anticant, and Mr. Sentiment—Chapter 16, A Long Day in London.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last name of the beadsman named Jonathon?
2. Which character is friends with Tom?
3. The narrator says Eleanor will receive sympathy from girls younger than what age?
4. What does Harding demand to see a copy of in Chapter 9, "The Conference"?
(a) Sir Abraham's response to the lawsuit.
(b) The petition against him.
(c) A love letter to Eleanor.
(d) All of the newspaper articles about him.
5. What is Tom's role at a powerful newspaper?
(a) Copy editior.
(c) Head reporter.
(d) Delivery boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What purchase does Harding make that he begins to feel was lavish ?
2. What is the name of the made up cathedral town where the story takes place?
3. Who says, "That's woman's logic all over, Mary"?
4. Who is the saint of music that the narrator refers to in Chapter 5, "Dr. Grantly Visits the Hospital"?
5. Who says, "I am sure he loves you better than anything in the world."
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)