|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Tom Towers, Dr. Anticant, and Mr. Sentiment—Chapter 16, A Long Day in London.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Harding go after dinner on his second day in London?
(c) Cigar house.
2. Grantly compares the newspaper that speaks badly of the warden to what in America?
(a) The mob.
(c) Indian tribes.
(d) The Irish gangs.
3. Who says, "I have the well-being of my child to look to"?
(a) The bishop.
4. In what country has Anticant spent most of his earlier days?
5. Grantly compares the newspaper that speaks badly of the warden to what in Russia?
(d) The Czar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many readers does the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden have, as estimated by the narrator?
2. What is the name of the cottage Eleanor and Harding decide to live in?
3. Harding asks Eleanor if she is in love with whom?
4. How does the narrator describe Harding's usual mood?
5. The narrator says unmarried woman of what age would oppose Eleanor and not give her sympathy?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)