|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Conference—Chapter 10, Tribulation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harding's title at the hospital for old men?
2. What is Sir Abraham's title?
(a) High lawyer of the courts.
(c) Superior judge.
3. Who is the saint of music that the narrator refers to in Chapter 5, "Dr. Grantly Visits the Hospital"?
(a) St. Helena.
(c) St. Cecilia.
(d) St. Faith.
4. What is Bold's occupation?
5. What instrument does Harding play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the made up cathedral town where the story takes place?
2. Who says, "That's woman's logic all over, Mary"?
3. How many readers does the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden have, as estimated by the narrator?
4. What purchase does Harding make that he begins to feel was lavish ?
5. How often does the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden come out?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)