|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Conference—Chapter 10, Tribulation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is well-known that Grantly always defends the side of what?
(a) His father.
(b) The beadsmen.
(c) His wife.
(d) The Church.
2. Where is the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden located?
3. What is Harding's first name?
4. How many readers does the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden have, as estimated by the narrator?
5. How many people sit on a jury in England, according to Grantly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the beadsman who wants all the other men to sign a petition against Harding?
2. How much money are the beadsmen hoping to collect a year if Harding is fired?
3. Who says, "Of course you've heard of the petition?"
4. When Eleanor sees Harding upset, who does she try to send him?
5. What is the first name of the man who, centuries before the story opens, started a home for the old and destitute men of the city?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)