|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Jupiter—Chapter 8, Plumstead Episcopi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is well-known that Grantly always defends the side of what?
(a) The Church.
(b) His wife.
(c) The beadsmen.
(d) His father.
2. How many readers does the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden have, as estimated by the narrator?
3. Grantly compares the newspaper that speaks badly of the warden to what in America?
(a) The mob.
(c) The Irish gangs.
(d) Indian tribes.
4. Who shows up at the old men's home to talk to the beadsman in an attempt to nip their rebellion in the bud?
(a) The bishop.
5. Harding asks Bold if who will ever get use of her limb again?
(a) Mary Jones.
(b) Sarah Childs.
(c) Maria Stone.
(d) Elizabeth Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the beadsman who mutters "he didn't know" over and over?
2. What is the name of the beadsman who wants all the other men to sign a petition against Harding?
3. Who says, "Of course you've heard of the petition?"
4. What instrument does Harding play?
5. The narrator guesses Bold is how old?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)