|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Warden Resigns—Chapter 20, Farewell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Anticant from?
2. What is the name of the cottage Eleanor and Harding decide to live in?
(a) Palmtree Parva.
(b) Appletree Parva.
(c) Crabtree Parva.
(d) Pinetree Parva.
3. What is the name of the magazine Bold buys after leaving Tom?
(a) The Doghouse.
(b) The Poorhouse.
(c) The Outhouse.
(d) The Almshouse.
4. Who does the narrator compare Bold to in Chapter 6?
(a) Guy Fawkes.
(b) Judas Iscariot.
(d) Wang Jingwei.
5. The narrator guesses Bold is how old?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country has Anticant spent most of his earlier days?
2. What is the first name of the man who, centuries before the story opens, started a home for the old and destitute men of the city?
3. What relation is Grantly to Harding?
4. How much money is Harding in debt at the beginning of Chapter 10, "Tribulation"?
5. Who tells Grantly that he should let Bold marry Eleanor?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)