|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Warden Resigns—Chapter 20, Farewell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom show Bold that angers him?
(a) An advertisement.
(b) A pamphlet.
(c) A letter to the edior.
(d) The lifestyle section.
2. What does Harding demand to see a copy of in Chapter 9, "The Conference"?
(a) The petition against him.
(b) A love letter to Eleanor.
(c) All of the newspaper articles about him.
(d) Sir Abraham's response to the lawsuit.
3. The narrator says Eleanor is worthy of being the daughter of whom?
4. Who asks, "But why shouldn't they petition, doctor?"
5. Who refuses to attend Harding's party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets Harding at the train station when he goes home?
2. The same person who owns Crabtree Canonicorum also owns a hospitable villa on what lake?
3. How do the lawyers and clergymen feel about Harding since he retired?
4. Which character is friends with Tom?
5. Grantly says a local newspaper has taken up a case against what Lord?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)