|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Warden Resigns—Chapter 20, Farewell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Sir Abraham's hair?
2. What is the name of the made up cathedral town where the story takes place?
3. How much money are the beadsmen hoping to collect a year if Harding is fired?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
4. What Greek mythological character does Eleanor compare Harding to?
5. About how old is Sir Abraham?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "My dear old friend, there is nothing: there is no news to cheer me--God's will be done."?
2. The narrator says unmarried woman of what age would oppose Eleanor and not give her sympathy?
3. Who tells Grantly that he should let Bold marry Eleanor?
4. What does Harding say is nice about his little cottage?
5. Who suggests that Harding write to the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against him?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)