|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Warden Resigns—Chapter 20, Farewell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How soon after his meeting with Sir Abraham does Harding go back home?
(a) That same night.
(b) The next afternoon.
(c) Two days later.
(d) The next morning.
2. What is Sir Abraham's last name?
3. How many clauses are in the bill that Sir Abraham is engaged in when Grantly calls on him for help?
4. How do the townspeople feel about Harding when he resigns from the old men's home?
(a) They are relieved.
(b) They think he is crazy.
(c) They admire him.
(d) They feel betrayed.
5. What is Sir Abraham's title?
(b) Superior judge.
(c) High lawyer of the courts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator feel sorry for Sir Abraham's wife?
2. What Greek mythological character does Eleanor compare Harding to?
3. What is Bold's first name?
4. What does Harding call Eleanor as a nickname?
5. Where does Harding say he is going at the beginning of Chapter 13, "The Warden's Decision"?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)