|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Warden Resigns—Chapter 20, Farewell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how old is Sir Abraham?
2. What Greek mythological character does Eleanor want to be like?
3. What is the name of the magazine Bold buys after leaving Tom?
(a) The Poorhouse.
(b) The Doghouse.
(c) The Almshouse.
(d) The Outhouse.
4. Why does the narrator feel sorry for Sir Abraham's wife?
(a) She has no money.
(b) She has no friends.
(c) She is ugly.
(d) Her husband does not have time to talk to her.
5. How does Harding feel at the beginning of Chapter 10, "Tribulation"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last name of the beadsman named Jonathon?
2. How does Grantly pay his and Harding's legal fees?
3. How many years older is Mary than Bold?
4. Who says, "That's philosophical; it's quite refreshing to hear a man talking of his hundreds in so purely indifferent a manner"?
5. The narrator says Sir Abraham has a stoop where?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)