|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Warden Resigns—Chapter 20, Farewell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money are the beadsmen hoping to collect a year if Harding is fired?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
2. How much money is Harding in debt at the beginning of Chapter 10, "Tribulation"?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 300 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 400 pounds.
3. How much money does Grantly tell Harding he will have when he resigns?
(a) About 100 pounds a year.
(b) Half of what he thinks.
(c) A quarter of what he thinks.
(d) 75 percent of what he thinks.
4. Who does Anticant condemn harshly?
5. Who is the saint of music that the narrator refers to in Chapter 5, "Dr. Grantly Visits the Hospital"?
(a) St. Cecilia.
(b) St. Faith.
(d) St. Helena.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grantly says a local newspaper has taken up a case against what Lord?
2. What is the name of the beadsman who mutters "he didn't know" over and over?
3. What is the relationship between Harding and the bishop?
4. How many clauses are in the bill that Sir Abraham is engaged in when Grantly calls on him for help?
5. Who recommended that Bold buy a magazine by Sentiment?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)