|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Warden Resigns—Chapter 20, Farewell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden come out?
(a) Twice a week.
(b) Every two weeks.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Each day.
2. What is the name of the made up cathedral town where the story takes place?
3. What is Harding's title at the hospital for old men?
4. How does the narrator describe Harding's usual mood?
5. Where is the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden located?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets Harding at the train station when he goes home?
2. Who says, "I have the well-being of my child to look to"?
3. How do the townspeople feel about Harding when he resigns from the old men's home?
4. Who says, "You must now, you know, cease any joking about me and Mr. Bold."?
5. The narrator says Eleanor will receive sympathy from girls younger than what age?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)