|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Warden Resigns—Chapter 20, Farewell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grantly says a local newspaper has taken up a case against how many bishops?
(a) Three dozen.
(b) Two dozen.
(c) One dozen.
(d) Half a dozen.
2. How does Grantly pay his and Harding's legal fees?
(a) The church account.
(b) With donations.
(c) He takes it out of his own salary.
(d) The beadsmen give him the money.
3. Where do Harding and Eleanor move while waiting for their cottage to clear out?
(a) In with Grantly.
(b) In with the bishop.
(c) A boarding house.
(d) A church basement.
4. How many men lived in the home for old men when it first started?
5. Harding tells Bold that he will not allow him to be put in what kind of court?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the relationship between Eleanor and Bold?
2. Grantly plans to win the case against Harding by saying he has what role at the hospital?
3. Grantly compares the newspaper that speaks badly of the warden to what in America?
4. Grantly plans to give Harding's job at the old men's home to a man with how many children?
5. Who says, "Mr. Bold can't dispute the truth of every word in that article you have just read--nor can I."
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)