|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Warden Resigns—Chapter 20, Farewell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How soon after his meeting with Sir Abraham does Harding go back home?
(a) That same night.
(b) Two days later.
(c) The next morning.
(d) The next afternoon.
2. Harding tells Bold that he will not allow him to be put in what kind of court?
3. What Greek mythological character does Eleanor compare Harding to?
4. How long has Bold been in the city where the old men's home is located?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 11 years,
(c) 1 year.
(d) 15 years.
5. Who says, "That's woman's logic all over, Mary"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator, when addressing his female readers, say they do not understand Eleanor?
2. The same person who owns Crabtree Canonicorum also owns a hospitable villa on what lake?
3. What is Grantly's youngest daughter called?
4. What relation is Grantly to Harding?
5. Who says, "My dear old friend, there is nothing: there is no news to cheer me--God's will be done."?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)