|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Warden Resigns—Chapter 20, Farewell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows up at the old men's home to talk to the beadsman in an attempt to nip their rebellion in the bud?
(b) The bishop.
2. Why does the narrator feel sorry for Sir Abraham's wife?
(a) She is ugly.
(b) Her husband does not have time to talk to her.
(c) She has no friends.
(d) She has no money.
3. What does Harding plan to sell to pay his consultation fees?
(b) His horses.
(c) His books.
4. Grantly says a local newspaper has taken up a case against what Lord?
(a) Lord Guildford.
(b) Lord Merrow.
(c) Lord Dorking.
(d) Lord Crawley.
5. Grantly compares the newspaper that speaks badly of the warden to what in Russia?
(b) The Czar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harding's first name?
2. How long has Bold been in the city where the old men's home is located?
3. What is the last name of Tom, who works at a powerful newspaper?
4. Where does Harding spend of his second day in London?
5. Who is the saint of music that the narrator refers to in Chapter 5, "Dr. Grantly Visits the Hospital"?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)