|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Warden Resigns—Chapter 20, Farewell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is Harding's little cottage worth a year?
(a) 80 pounds.
(b) 60 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 120 pounds.
2. What does Anticant do for a living?
(d) Law enforcement.
3. How long has Bold been in the city where the old men's home is located?
(a) 11 years,
(b) 15 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 years.
4. What is Grantly's youngest daughter called?
5. What do Harding and the beadsmen drink at his farewell gathering?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say will probably happen to Eleanor if she goes to visit Bold?
2. Who says, "It's all your own fault, archdeacon"?
3. Why does the narrator feel sorry for Sir Abraham's wife?
4. The narrator says Eleanor will receive sympathy from women older than what age?
5. The narrator says Eleanor is worthy of being the daughter of whom?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)