|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Warden Resigns—Chapter 20, Farewell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country has Anticant spent most of his earlier days?
2. What does Harding plan to sell to pay his consultation fees?
(a) His books.
(d) His horses.
3. What is the name of the made up cathedral town where the story takes place?
4. How much money is Harding in debt at the beginning of Chapter 10, "Tribulation"?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 300 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 400 pounds.
5. Which character thinks of Eleanor as their sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refers to Bold as a "pestilent intruder"?
2. Who says, "God bless you, sir, we know you was always our friend"?
3. Who says, "Don't you know that their attorneys have noticed us that they have withdrawn the suit"?
4. Why does the narrator, when addressing his female readers, say they do not understand Eleanor?
5. How many readers does the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden have, as estimated by the narrator?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)