|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Jupiter—Chapter 8, Plumstead Episcopi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sir Abraham's title?
(b) High lawyer of the courts.
(d) Superior judge.
2. Who would always say, "Well, well, Mr. Harding; you're too good, much too good"?
3. Harding asks Eleanor if she is in love with whom?
(d) The bishop.
4. It is well-known that Grantly always defends the side of what?
(a) His wife.
(b) The beadsmen.
(c) His father.
(d) The Church.
5. How long ago does Harding guess that he probably read Hiram's will?
(a) 40 years.
(b) 35 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many readers does the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden have, as estimated by the narrator?
2. What is the name of the beadsman who fully supports Harding?
3. What is the first name of the man who, centuries before the story opens, started a home for the old and destitute men of the city?
4. How much money are the beadsmen hoping to collect a year if Harding is fired?
5. What is Grantly's oldest daughter called?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)