|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, The Warden Resigns—Chapter 20, Farewell.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anticant's first name?
2. How many clauses are in the bill that Sir Abraham is engaged in when Grantly calls on him for help?
3. Grantly compares the newspaper that speaks badly of the warden to what in America?
(a) Indian tribes.
(b) The mob.
(c) The Irish gangs.
4. What is the first name of the man who, centuries before the story opens, started a home for the old and destitute men of the city?
5. How is the relationship between Eleanor and Bold?
(a) They are best friends.
(b) They are divorced.
(c) They are coworkers.
(d) They are in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harding's title at the hospital for old men?
2. How long has Bold been in the city where the old men's home is located?
3. What is the name of the bill Sir Abraham is engaged in when Grantly calls on him for help?
4. Why does the narrator, when addressing his female readers, say they do not understand Eleanor?
5. It is well-known that Grantly always defends the side of what?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)