|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Warden's Decision—Chapter 14, Mount Olympus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does the narrator compare Grantly to in Chapter 5, "Dr. Grantly Visits the Hospital"?
(a) A shark.
(b) A dog.
(c) A rat.
(d) A cock.
2. Who says, "What good to us is this place or all the money, if we are to be ill-spoken of ?"
3. What is the relationship between Harding and the bishop?
(a) Father and son.
(b) Best friends.
4. Who says, "My dear old friend, there is nothing: there is no news to cheer me--God's will be done."?
5. It is well-known that Grantly always defends the side of what?
(a) His wife.
(b) The Church.
(c) The beadsmen.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden?
2. What is the first name of the beadsman called Skulpit?
3. Who is Grantly's lawyer?
4. How much is Harding's little cottage worth a year?
5. Who shows up at the old men's home to talk to the beadsman in an attempt to nip their rebellion in the bud?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)