|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Warden's Decision—Chapter 14, Mount Olympus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator describe as "a man somewhat shy of speaking of himself"?
2. How many clauses are in the bill that Sir Abraham is engaged in when Grantly calls on him for help?
3. What does Harding demand to see a copy of in Chapter 9, "The Conference"?
(a) The petition against him.
(b) All of the newspaper articles about him.
(c) Sir Abraham's response to the lawsuit.
(d) A love letter to Eleanor.
4. The beadsman who fully supports Harding holds what position at the old men's home?
5. Harding asks Eleanor if she is in love with whom?
(d) The bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people sit on a jury in England, according to Grantly?
2. Who says, "Of course you've heard of the petition?"
3. Where does Harding say he is going at the beginning of Chapter 13, "The Warden's Decision"?
4. How often does the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden come out?
5. Who shows up at the old men's home to talk to the beadsman in an attempt to nip their rebellion in the bud?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)