|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Warden's Decision—Chapter 14, Mount Olympus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden?
(a) The Jupiter.
(b) The Cosmos.
(c) The Sun.
2. It is well-known that Grantly always defends the side of what?
(a) His wife.
(b) The Church.
(c) The beadsmen.
(d) His father.
3. What does Harding demand to see a copy of in Chapter 9, "The Conference"?
(a) All of the newspaper articles about him.
(b) The petition against him.
(c) A love letter to Eleanor.
(d) Sir Abraham's response to the lawsuit.
4. Who says, "What good to us is this place or all the money, if we are to be ill-spoken of ?"
5. How many readers does the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden have, as estimated by the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last name of Tom, who works at a powerful newspaper?
2. Who owns Crabtree Canonicorum?
3. Who shows up at the old men's home to talk to the beadsman in an attempt to nip their rebellion in the bud?
4. Who says, "Personal emnity! Going to do!"?
5. Who refers to Bold as a "pestilent intruder"?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)