|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Warden's Decision—Chapter 14, Mount Olympus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Harding's usual mood?
2. What is Tom's role at a powerful newspaper?
(a) Delivery boy.
(b) Copy editior.
(d) Head reporter.
3. What does Harding demand to see a copy of in Chapter 9, "The Conference"?
(a) All of the newspaper articles about him.
(b) A love letter to Eleanor.
(c) Sir Abraham's response to the lawsuit.
(d) The petition against him.
4. Who refuses to attend Harding's party?
5. How much money does Harding make each year?
(a) 800 pounds.
(b) 550 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 1200 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people sit on a jury in England, according to Grantly?
2. Who is Grantly's lawyer?
3. What is Grantly's youngest daughter called?
4. The beadsman who fully supports Harding holds what position at the old men's home?
5. Where does Harding say he is going at the beginning of Chapter 13, "The Warden's Decision"?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)