|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Warden's Decision—Chapter 14, Mount Olympus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What purchase does Harding make that he begins to feel was lavish ?
(a) Song books.
2. What animal does the narrator compare Grantly to in Chapter 5, "Dr. Grantly Visits the Hospital"?
(a) A shark.
(b) A rat.
(c) A cock.
(d) A dog.
3. Grantly compares the newspaper that speaks badly of the warden to what in Russia?
(a) The Czar.
4. What is the name of the beadsman who wants all the other men to sign a petition against Harding?
(a) Kevin Hardy.
(b) Abel Handy.
(c) Thomas Angel.
(d) James Foster.
5. How many copies of the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden are sold each time it comes out?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator compare Bold to in Chapter 6?
2. Who tells Grantly that he should let Bold marry Eleanor?
3. Grantly says a local newspaper has taken up a case against what Lord?
4. What is the name of the newspaper that publishes a story about the lawsuit against the warden?
5. Who says, "Mr. Bold can act as he thinks proper, my love"?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)