|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Sir Abraham Haphazard—Chapter 18, The Warden is Very Obstinate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bold go immediately Eleanor visits him?
(a) Back to London.
(b) To see Grantly.
(c) To the old men's home.
(d) To church.
2. Who says, "Of course you've heard of the petition?"
(a) Sir Abraham.
3. Who is the saint of music that the narrator refers to in Chapter 5, "Dr. Grantly Visits the Hospital"?
(a) St. Faith.
(b) St. Cecilia.
(d) St. Helena.
4. When does Harding say he will resign from the old men's home?
(a) The next day.
(b) That night.
(c) The next month.
(d) The next week.
5. Why does the narrator, when addressing his female readers, say they do not understand Eleanor?
(a) Because she is not pretty.
(b) Because they are already married.
(c) Because she is younger than them.
(d) Because she is uneducated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator compare Bold to in Chapter 6?
2. What color is Sir Abraham's hair?
3. The narrator says Eleanor is worthy of being the daughter of whom?
4. Who asks, "But why shouldn't they petition, doctor?"
5. How long does Mary say Bold will be gone when Eleanor visits him?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)