|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Sir Abraham Haphazard—Chapter 18, The Warden is Very Obstinate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lays in bed at the beginning of Chapter 11, "Iphigenia"?
2. The narrator says unmarried woman of what age would oppose Eleanor and not give her sympathy?
3. How much money does Grantly tell Harding he will have when he resigns?
(a) Half of what he thinks.
(b) About 100 pounds a year.
(c) A quarter of what he thinks.
(d) 75 percent of what he thinks.
4. The narrator says Eleanor will receive sympathy from girls younger than what age?
5. What is the name of the old man who is bed ridden?
(a) Johnny Bell.
(b) Carlton Jones.
(c) Matthew Teague.
(d) Sammie Olander.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses to attend Harding's party?
2. Who shows up at the old men's home to talk to the beadsman in an attempt to nip their rebellion in the bud?
3. Why does the narrator feel sorry for Sir Abraham's wife?
4. Who is Bold out with when Eleanor goes to see him?
5. Where does Bold go immediately Eleanor visits him?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)