|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grimes give Ada in Chapter 30?
(d) Bits of leather.
2. What part of England does Ada say that they are living in in Chapter 37?
(d) North Yorkshire.
3. On Christmas eve, what do Susan, Jamie, and Ada have for breakfast?
(d) Cinnamon rolls.
4. In Chapter 28, what day of the week does Ada ask Susan to teach her to read?
5. In Chapter 35, how old does Ada say that Margaret is?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what does Lady Thorton want Miss Smith to sew?
2. In Chapter 39, what is one of the books that Susan read when they are in the shelter?
3. What is Susan teaching Ada in Chapter 34?
4. In Chapter 25, what does Ada say that Susan has sewn on the sewing machine?
5. In Chapter 26, what is the first word that Susan has Ada write?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ada hide under a bed after breaking the sewing machine?
2. What does Dr. Graham tell Ada about the operation she might have to fix her foot?
3. What is the dress like that Susan makes for Ada for Christmas?
4. In Chapter 23, why does Susan tell Ada that the next time they go to the movies, they will wait in the lobby until the newsreel is over?
5. Why are the village children evacuated in Chapter 37?
6. In Chapter 26, what does Grimes find to make it easier for Ada to ride and how does it help?
7. What alarms Ada at the beginning of winter in Chapter 28?
8. How do Jamie, Ada, and Susan spend their nights in the shelter in Chapter 39?
9. What are some good things that Ada remembers about living with her mother in Chapter 26?
10. What happens to the "Royal Oak" in Chapter 23?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)