|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ada break in Chapter 25?
(b) Sewing machine.
(c) Glass bowl.
(d) Heirloom vase.
2. In Chapter 24, when is Jamie's class combined with the other primary class?
3. What does Susan order for Christmas dinner in Chapter 28?
4. How many men were on a battleship that sinks in Chapter 23?
(b) More than 1,200.
(d) More than 1,100.
5. What do Ada, Jamie, and Susan have for breakfast Christmas morning?
(a) Cinnamon rolls and scrambled eggs.
(b) Eggs and bacon.
(c) Oatmeal with nuts and dried fruit.
(d) Eggs and sausages.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many die in Chapter 23 when their battleship sinks?
2. What does Ada do for Grimes in Chapter 24 in exchange for riding lessons?
3. What does Susan try to give Jamie before he leaves in Chapter 41?
4. In Chapter 24, how often does Grimes offer to help Ada with her riding?
5. What part of England does Ada say that they are living in in Chapter 37?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 36, how does Ada help the soldiers and who helps her?
2. In Chapter 38, why does Ada not like the bomb shelter, and how does Susan try to help?
3. Why does Lady Thorton pound on Susan's door in Chapter 36?
4. Why are the village children evacuated in Chapter 37?
5. In Chapter 23, why does Susan tell Ada that the next time they go to the movies, they will wait in the lobby until the newsreel is over?
6. What alarms Ada at the beginning of winter in Chapter 28?
7. How long does Ada wait for a response to the letter she writes her mother, and what response does she get in Chapter 34?
8. In Chapter 26, what does Grimes find to make it easier for Ada to ride and how does it help?
9. How does Ada describe the ocean when she sees it in Chapter 22?
10. What does Ada see from the hill in Chapter 39?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)