|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sets of underwear does Miss Smith buy Ada and Jamie in Chapter 8?
2. At what age does Miss Smith say that most children have to leave school to work?
3. In Chapter 11, how long does it take the Royal Air Force to build an airfield?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 4 days.
4. In Chapter 9, what time do Ada and Miss Smith wake up?
(a) 3 a.m.
(b) 4 a.m.
(c) 2 a.m.
5. In Chapter 9, what does Jamie break when Miss Smith will not give him more ham?
6. In Chapter 19, what data does Miss Smith give for Jamie's birthday?
(a) January 4, 1933.
(b) March 12, 1934.
(c) September 5, 1934.
(d) February 15, 1933.
7. In Chapter 4, what does Jamie say that he used to play at St. Mary's?
(b) Red Rover.
(d) Hide and seek.
8. In Chapter 2, when does Billy White say that the children are leaving?
9. What does Ada damage in Chapter 20 when she is angry?
(c) Paper airplane.
10. When did Miss Smith graduate from college?
11. In Chapter 15, what does Margaret tell Ada that she might have broken when Ada approaches her after Margaret was thrown off her horse?
12. What is the name of the doctor that sees Ada and Jamie in Chapter 8?
13. Whose birthdate is the date that Miss Smith uses for Ada's birthday?
(a) Her mother's.
(c) An aunt's.
(d) A cousin's.
14. What is the year when Ada's story begins?
15. What does Miss Smith serve after they put up the blackout curtains in Chapter 17?
(d) Toast and jam.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what time are the children to be at Jamie's school?
2. In Chapter 18, what does Miss Smith say that she studied at college?
3. In Chapter 20, when do Stephen White and his colonel invite Ada to tea?
4. What skin condition do Ada and Jamie have?
5. What did Colonel McPherson used to do with Becky?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)