|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river do the travelers cross to get to England?
(a) The Severn River.
(b) The Dee River.
(c) The Avon River.
(d) The Wye River.
2. During the storm, what kind of music does Sophie imagine should be playing?
(d) Hard rock.
3. Who answers the door at Bompie's house?
(a) A maid.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A doctor.
4. Why does Sophie keep waking up Cody?
(a) She's having nightmares.
(b) She wakes him for his shift on watch.
(c) She can't sleep.
(d) She keeps asking questions.
5. What is Sophie doing that causes her to kneel on the deck just before she suddenly looks up and can't see anyone on deck?
(a) Repairing a leak.
(b) Examining a pump.
(c) Tying her shoe.
(d) Fastening a line.
6. After the wave hits, who pulls Sophie below the hatch?
(a) Uncle Stew.
(b) Uncle Mo.
(c) Uncle Dock.
7. Why does Uncle Stew order Cody to turn off the electrics?
(a) To save on power.
(b) So they don't interfere with other ships.
(c) So they don't attract lightning.
(d) To lessen the danger from water that sloshes on deck.
8. What animals come to The Wanderer on its way out of the Bay of Fundy?
9. What poem does Dock recite from, when the boat reaches sight of land?
(a) Out of the Rolling Ocean, the Crowd.
(b) The Ocean's Song.
(c) The Rime of the Ancient Mariner.
(d) The ocean said to me once.
10. What color blanket does the little kid lie down on in the story Sophie tells Cody?
11. What does Uncle Mo give his family as presents?
12. In Sophie's story, where does Bompie go to see the ocean?
(b) New Jersey.
(d) South Carolina.
13. What do the voyagers conclude that the blips they're seeing on their radar are?
(a) Small boats.
(c) Rain clouds.
(d) Wind funnels.
14. What do Brian, Sophie, and Cody plan on calling their raft to sail on the Ohio River?
(a) The Blue Bopper Wanderer.
(b) The Blue Bopper II.
(c) The Sierra-Oscar.
(d) The Wanderer II.
15. What does Cody's dad say about dolphins?
(a) Crazy life for a mammal.
(b) Makes you wish you were a fish.
(c) Makes you want to draw them.
(d) Too bad they're just fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie think, as the wave breaks over her and she is inside the water?
2. What does Uncle Stew really want to do for a living?
3. When the winds pick up, what do the sailors do to the mainsail?
4. Where does Cody prefer to by during the storm?
5. How do the travelers get from Ireland to Wales?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)