|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the voyagers conclude that the blips they're seeing on their radar are?
(a) Small boats.
(c) Wind funnels.
(d) Rain clouds.
2. Where does Cody prefer to by during the storm?
(a) On deck, trying to fix things.
(b) Up in the bosun's chair.
(c) Below deck, sleeping.
(d) Below deck, eating.
3. What level does Uncle Dock say the gale is?
4. What does the crew of The Wanderer do while they eat their food, after arriving on land?
(b) They tell their story to strangers.
(c) They sing a song.
(d) They talk wildly among themselves.
5. What kind of knot does Cody learn from Sophie?
(a) A double constrictor knot.
(b) A clove hitch.
(c) A power cinch.
(d) An alpine coil.
6. What does Uncle Dock say, when Cody asks if Sophie knows what happened to her parents?
(a) She knows because she was told about it later.
(b) She must know at some level, but he doesn't know if she knows consciously.
(c) She knows because she was there when it happened.
(d) She doesn't know.
7. Where does the crew of The Wanderer go to get food once they arrive on land?
(a) To a vending machine.
(b) To a fancy restaurant.
(c) To a fast-food drive-through.
(d) To a pub.
8. During the storm, what kind of music does Sophie imagine should be playing?
(a) Hard rock.
9. What does Brian accuse Sophie of, when she's upset about the job she gets?
10. What does Sophie do when she finally realizes that she's telling Bompie her own story?
(a) She faints.
(b) She starts to scream.
(c) She starts to cry.
(d) She runs out of the room.
11. What name does Cody give the black bird that visits the boat?
(b) Baby Doll.
(d) Little Peep.
12. In Sophie's story, where does Bompie go to see the ocean?
(a) South Carolina.
(c) New Jersey.
13. Of the GPS, ham radio, and radar, what is still working after the massive wave?
(a) Only the ham radio.
(b) None of them.
(c) The ham radio and radar.
(d) Only the radar.
14. What does Uncle Mo say that his job is?
15. What does Uncle Stew really want to do for a living?
(a) He wants to be a sailor.
(b) He doesn't know.
(c) He wants to be an artist.
(d) He wants to be a firefighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bompie look like?
2. What did Cody's dad ask him after getting off the phone with Cody's mother?
3. What does Uncle Stew do for a living?
4. Who keeps looking over Sophie's shoulder while she tries to write in her journal in the car?
5. What English landmark do the travelers sit near, on a bench while they eat?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)