|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Stew do for a living?
(a) He is a medical assistant.
(b) He is an accountant.
(c) He sells insurance.
(d) He manages an apartment building.
2. After the destructive wave hits the boat, how does Cody say he feels?
(a) As if he's watching a movie.
(b) As if he's having a dream.
(c) As if he's a part of the ocean.
(d) As if he's in a prison.
3. What type of ship does Cody contact?
(a) A French cargo ship.
(b) A Canadian warship.
(c) An American cruise ship.
(d) A South American tanker.
4. Who does Sophie overhear talking about Uncle Stew losing his job?
(a) Brian and Uncle Mo.
(b) Brian and Uncle Dock.
(c) Uncle Stew and Uncle Dock.
(d) Uncle Stew and Uncle Mo.
5. In Dock's story about the little girl, who does the girl go to live with immediately after her parents die?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) A foster family.
6. Who brings Bompie an apple pie?
(b) Uncle Stew.
(c) Uncle Dock.
(d) Uncle Mo.
7. What color is the gigantic wave that approaches behind the boat while Sophie is watching and Cody is at the wheel?
8. In the two-person watches at the beginning of the ocean voyages, who is Sophie on duty with?
(b) Uncle Dock.
(c) Uncle Mo.
(d) Uncle Stew.
9. What does Cody tell his father, as the sail-less boat is whipped by the waves?
(a) That he's sorry for them fighting.
(b) That he's sorry he's always fooling around.
(c) That he doesn't want to die.
(d) That he knows everything will be okay.
10. Where does Cody sleep on his first night at Bompie's house?
(a) On the couch.
(b) On the floor.
(c) In a chair.
(d) On a rollaway bed.
11. After the wave hits, who becomes "Mr. Fix-It"?
(b) Uncle Mo.
(d) Uncle Dock.
12. What does Uncle Stew really want to do for a living?
(a) He wants to be an artist.
(b) He wants to be a sailor.
(c) He doesn't know.
(d) He wants to be a firefighter.
13. What do the travelers eat on the bench near a London landmark?
(b) Hot dogs.
(d) Corn dogs.
14. What is the word for D in radio code?
15. How does Rosalie appear, when the travelers arrive at the house where she is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What breaks in the wind?
2. What does Uncle Mo say that his job is?
3. What does Sophie wish, as the travelers cross through Wales?
4. In his story about Rosalie, what does Uncle Dock trade for a boat rental?
5. Why does Sophie keep waking up Cody?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)