|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the two-person watches at the beginning of the ocean voyages, who is Sophie on duty with?
(b) Uncle Stew.
(c) Uncle Dock.
(d) Uncle Mo.
2. Where is Rosalie leaving for?
3. Who decides to stay in England and take care of Bompie?
(a) Uncle Dock.
(b) Uncle Stew.
(c) Cody and Brian.
(d) Uncle Mo.
4. In his story about Rosalie, what does Uncle Dock trade for a boat rental?
(a) His tackle box.
(b) His bicycle.
(c) His camera.
(d) His fishing rod.
5. What do Brian and Sophie notice about the dolphins?
(a) They seem afraid of the boat and its crew.
(b) They seem to trust the boat and its crew.
(c) They seem not to notice the boat and its crew.
(d) They seem to want to investigate the boat and its crew.
6. What does Uncle Mo say that his job is?
7. Who does Sophie overhear talking about Uncle Stew losing his job?
(a) Uncle Stew and Uncle Dock.
(b) Brian and Uncle Mo.
(c) Uncle Stew and Uncle Mo.
(d) Brian and Uncle Dock.
8. Of the GPS, ham radio, and radar, what is still working after the massive wave?
(a) Only the ham radio.
(b) None of them.
(c) Only the radar.
(d) The ham radio and radar.
9. How does Rosalie appear, when the travelers arrive at the house where she is?
10. What breaks in the wind?
(a) The spreader.
(b) The main boom.
(c) The masthead.
(d) The jib.
11. In Dock's story about the little girl, who does the girl go to live with immediately after her parents die?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) A foster family.
(d) Her grandmother.
12. Where does Cody prefer to by during the storm?
(a) Up in the bosun's chair.
(b) On deck, trying to fix things.
(c) Below deck, sleeping.
(d) Below deck, eating.
13. What kind of knot does Cody learn from Sophie?
(a) A double constrictor knot.
(b) A power cinch.
(c) An alpine coil.
(d) A clove hitch.
14. What kind of "life insurance" does Sophie imagine getting at the end of Chapter 33?
(a) Insurance that life will be happy.
(b) Insurance that life will be long.
(c) Insurance that life will be quiet and stable.
(d) Insurance that life will be interesting.
15. When Cody's father tells him that Cody's been a good son and he's been a bad father, what does Cody think?
(a) Cody thinks he's wrong, that his father hasn't been so bad.
(b) Cody thinks he's right.
(c) Cody thinks he's wrong, that he's been a bad son and his father hasn't been so bad.
(d) Cody thinks he's wrong, that Cody hasn't been a good son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cody catch his father juggling, as the group starts out to sea?
2. What did Cody's dad ask him after getting off the phone with Cody's mother?
3. What job does Uncle Stew get?
4. In Sophie's story, what do Bompie and his father do after Bompie brings his father a pie?
5. What does Cody's dad say about dolphins?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)