|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cody's dad say about dolphins?
(a) Makes you want to draw them.
(b) Too bad they're just fish.
(c) Makes you wish you were a fish.
(d) Crazy life for a mammal.
2. What does Uncle Dock say, when Cody asks if Sophie knows what happened to her parents?
(a) She knows because she was told about it later.
(b) She doesn't know.
(c) She must know at some level, but he doesn't know if she knows consciously.
(d) She knows because she was there when it happened.
3. What is the word for D in radio code?
4. Who gets into a fight, as the boat approaches land?
(a) Uncle Stew and Brian.
(b) Uncle Mo and Uncle Dock.
(c) Uncle Mo and Cody.
(d) Uncle Stew and Uncle Mo.
5. What does Brian insist Sophie is doing regarding her parents?
6. Who ends up staying behind to start the repair work on The Wanderer?
(a) Uncle Dock.
(b) Uncle Mo.
(c) A hired man.
(d) Uncle Stew.
7. What not-so-good news do the travelers get when they call home?
(a) They learn that a job prospect for Stew has fallen through.
(b) They learn that Cody's mother is leaving his father.
(c) They learn that Bompie is unwell.
(d) They learn that Sophie's parents have been frantic with worry.
8. How does Cody feel about his father's lessons in radio code?
(a) He enjoys them.
(b) He finds them boring.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He is disinterested in them.
9. What job does Sophie always end up with in the windstorm?
(a) Handling the helm.
(b) Fastening the boom.
(c) Managing the jib.
(d) Bailing out the water.
10. What does the crew of The Wanderer do while they eat their food, after arriving on land?
(a) They sing a song.
(b) They tell their story to strangers.
(c) They talk wildly among themselves.
11. What does Sophie compare the experience of the wave to?
(a) Being a fish.
(b) Being in a washing machine.
(c) Being baptized.
(d) Being born.
12. How does Sophie sleep her first night on land?
(a) She sleeps soundly.
(b) She falls asleep easily but wakes.
(c) She can't sleep.
(d) She falls asleep easily but dreams.
13. What does Sophie do when she finally realizes that she's telling Bompie her own story?
(a) She faints.
(b) She starts to cry.
(c) She starts to scream.
(d) She runs out of the room.
14. What level does Uncle Dock say the gale is?
15. What does Sophie wish, as the travelers cross through Wales?
(a) That they would get to Bompie's quicker.
(b) That they would stop more.
(c) That they would never see the sea again.
(d) That they could go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings Bompie an apple pie?
2. What do the crew do to practice radio code?
3. What does Uncle Dock injure in the wave?
4. How does Cody contact the ship?
5. After the wave hits, who pulls Sophie below the hatch?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)