|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Dock's story about the little girl, who does the girl go to live with immediately after her parents die?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) A foster family.
2. Who does Sophie overhear talking about Uncle Stew losing his job?
(a) Brian and Uncle Mo.
(b) Uncle Stew and Uncle Mo.
(c) Brian and Uncle Dock.
(d) Uncle Stew and Uncle Dock.
3. What kind of "life insurance" does Sophie imagine getting at the end of Chapter 33?
(a) Insurance that life will be interesting.
(b) Insurance that life will be quiet and stable.
(c) Insurance that life will be long.
(d) Insurance that life will be happy.
4. What does Uncle Stew do for a living?
(a) He is an accountant.
(b) He manages an apartment building.
(c) He sells insurance.
(d) He is a medical assistant.
5. What is Sophie doing that causes her to kneel on the deck just before she suddenly looks up and can't see anyone on deck?
(a) Fastening a line.
(b) Repairing a leak.
(c) Tying her shoe.
(d) Examining a pump.
6. Who does Bompie look like?
(a) Uncle Stew.
(b) Uncle Mo.
(d) Uncle Dock.
7. What kind of knot does Cody learn from Sophie?
(a) A clove hitch.
(b) A double constrictor knot.
(c) An alpine coil.
(d) A power cinch.
8. Where does the crew of The Wanderer go to get food once they arrive on land?
(a) To a fancy restaurant.
(b) To a pub.
(c) To a fast-food drive-through.
(d) To a vending machine.
9. In Sophie's story, how does the little kid feel when people say the kid's parents have gone to heaven, a wonderful place?
10. What does Cody tell his father, as the sail-less boat is whipped by the waves?
(a) That he's sorry he's always fooling around.
(b) That he's sorry for them fighting.
(c) That he doesn't want to die.
(d) That he knows everything will be okay.
11. What do the travelers try to use for navigation after the wreckage of the storm?
(a) The sextant.
(b) The sun and moon.
(c) The GPS.
(d) The currents.
12. When the winds pick up, what do the sailors do to the mainsail?
(a) They bring it down and replace it with a wind-sail.
(b) They let it out to make it bigger.
(c) They tie it to make it smaller.
(d) They attach it to an additional sail.
13. What do the voyagers conclude that the blips they're seeing on their radar are?
(b) Rain clouds.
(c) Small boats.
(d) Wind funnels.
14. What English landmark do the travelers sit near, on a bench while they eat?
(a) Windsor Castle.
(b) St. Paul's Cathedral.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) Old Bailey.
15. What does Uncle Mo give his family as presents?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sophie ask for more information about Rosalie and Uncle Dock?
2. Why does Sophie keep waking up Cody?
3. What does Uncle Dock say, when Cody asks if Sophie knows what happened to her parents?
4. What does Cody do after dreaming about Sophie's story about Bompie and his father?
5. What does Uncle Dock injure in the wave?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)