|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian insist Sophie is doing regarding her parents?
2. During the storm, what kind of music does Sophie imagine should be playing?
(d) Hard rock.
3. How many miles has The Wanderer traveled, at the beginning of Chapter 35?
(a) Around 1,300.
(b) Around 800.
(c) Around 1,800.
(d) Around 2,300.
4. What not-so-good news do the travelers get when they call home?
(a) They learn that Bompie is unwell.
(b) They learn that Sophie's parents have been frantic with worry.
(c) They learn that Cody's mother is leaving his father.
(d) They learn that a job prospect for Stew has fallen through.
5. What goes wrong with the boat's mainsail?
(a) Two gromments are torn out.
(b) It breaks free from a line.
(c) It tangles with the lines.
(d) A rip appears near the mast.
6. What did Cody's dad ask him after getting off the phone with Cody's mother?
(a) What are you looking at?
(b) Where's Sophie?
(c) Don't you have chores?
(d) Want a pizza?
7. What does Uncle Mo say that his job is?
8. What does Uncle Stew really want to do for a living?
(a) He doesn't know.
(b) He wants to be an artist.
(c) He wants to be a firefighter.
(d) He wants to be a sailor.
9. After the destructive wave hits the boat, how does Cody say he feels?
(a) As if he's a part of the ocean.
(b) As if he's watching a movie.
(c) As if he's in a prison.
(d) As if he's having a dream.
10. What do the crew do to practice radio code?
(a) Make fake radio-code calls to each other.
(b) Call each other by abbreviated radio-code versions of their names.
(c) Ask for food by radio-code names.
(d) Have special radio-code conversations a half-hour a day.
11. What do the travelers try to use for navigation after the wreckage of the storm?
(a) The sextant.
(b) The currents.
(c) The sun and moon.
(d) The GPS.
12. After the wave hits, who becomes "Mr. Fix-It"?
(a) Uncle Mo.
(d) Uncle Dock.
13. What similarity does Brian notice and comment on among Sophie's Bompie stories?
(a) Bompie always disobeys his father.
(b) Bompie always gets into trouble in water.
(c) Bompie always tells the truth about his accidents.
(d) Bompie always creates conflict with other people.
14. How does Rosalie appear, when the travelers arrive at the house where she is?
15. What does Cody's dad say about dolphins?
(a) Crazy life for a mammal.
(b) Makes you wish you were a fish.
(c) Too bad they're just fish.
(d) Makes you want to draw them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Mo give his family as presents?
2. In Sophie's story, what do Bompie and his father do after Bompie brings his father a pie?
3. What breaks in the wind?
4. What does Brian say he felt like when the wave hit?
5. What type of ship does Cody contact?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)