Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first night out on the ocean, what appears in the water around the boat?
(a) A seaweed forest.
(b) Sea turtles.
(c) Gulper eels.
(d) Phosphorescent plankton.
2. How does Rosalie appear, when the travelers arrive at the house where she is?
3. What is the trouble of the lone sailor the crew of The Wanderer talks to on the radio?
(a) He is having mechanical problems and needs someone to call the Coast Guard.
(b) He is ill and needs someone to cheer him up.
(c) He is having electrical trouble and needs to know his location.
(d) He is having leakage and needs advice.
4. Where does Cody prefer to by during the storm?
(a) On deck, trying to fix things.
(b) Up in the bosun's chair.
(c) Below deck, eating.
(d) Below deck, sleeping.
5. What does Brian accuse Sophie of, when she's upset about the job she gets?
6. What is Sophie doing that causes her to kneel on the deck just before she suddenly looks up and can't see anyone on deck?
(a) Fastening a line.
(b) Tying her shoe.
(c) Repairing a leak.
(d) Examining a pump.
7. What does Uncle Dock injure in the wave?
(a) His neck.
(b) His back.
(c) His leg.
(d) His arm.
8. What animals come to The Wanderer on its way out of the Bay of Fundy?
9. What does Uncle Stew really want to do for a living?
(a) He doesn't know.
(b) He wants to be an artist.
(c) He wants to be a sailor.
(d) He wants to be a firefighter.
10. Who does Sophie overhear talking about Uncle Stew losing his job?
(a) Uncle Stew and Uncle Mo.
(b) Brian and Uncle Mo.
(c) Uncle Stew and Uncle Dock.
(d) Brian and Uncle Dock.
11. When Cody's father tells him that Cody's been a good son and he's been a bad father, what does Cody think?
(a) Cody thinks he's right.
(b) Cody thinks he's wrong, that he's been a bad son and his father hasn't been so bad.
(c) Cody thinks he's wrong, that his father hasn't been so bad.
(d) Cody thinks he's wrong, that Cody hasn't been a good son.
12. In the two-person watches at the beginning of the ocean voyages, who is Sophie on duty with?
(a) Uncle Stew.
(b) Uncle Mo.
(d) Uncle Dock.
13. What breaks in the wind?
(a) The masthead.
(b) The main boom.
(c) The jib.
(d) The spreader.
14. After the wave hits, who becomes "Mr. Fix-It"?
(b) Uncle Dock.
(c) Uncle Mo.
15. What name does Cody give the black bird that visits the boat?
(a) Baby Doll.
(d) Little Peep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Stew do for a living?
2. Who brings Bompie an apple pie?
3. What do the travelers eat on the bench near a London landmark?
4. What does Cody tell his father, as the sail-less boat is whipped by the waves?
5. What did Cody's dad ask him after getting off the phone with Cody's mother?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)