|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What purpose do end knots serve?
(a) To secure lines to the mast.
(b) To secure lines to each other.
(c) To stop lines from slipping through gromments.
(d) To stop lines from pulling away from the deck fastenings.
2. What temperature is it most days, while Sophie and her relatives are working on the boat?
3. What does Brian accuse Sophie of lying about?
(a) Catching a 20-pound fish.
(b) Going clamming with Bompie.
(c) Being able to sail the boat on her own.
(d) Having learned to sail when she was three.
4. What is Cody always doing while he works?
(a) Humming or singing.
(b) Tilting his head to the side to examine what he's doing.
(c) Flexing his muscles.
(d) Snapping and tapping.
5. What does Cody offer to teach the others on the trip?
(a) How to dance.
(b) How to cook omelettes.
(c) How to draw.
(d) How to juggle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie's father say about her trip?
2. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
3. What does Cody's dad say about dolphins?
4. What is used to lift the boat into the water?
5. What does Stew say Claire thought of him and his brothers when she was young?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)