|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Cody give the black bird that visits the boat?
(b) Little Peep.
(c) Baby Doll.
2. What does Sophie's mother do when Sophie calls?
(a) She asks endless questions.
(b) She keeps bursting into tears.
(c) She keeps repeating how great it is to talk to Sophie.
(d) She just tells Sophie to talk.
3. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
(a) She accuses them of being sexist.
(b) She shows her trophies and medals.
(c) She shows how she can do hard work.
(d) She shows her knowledge of sailing.
4. How does Sophie feel about climbing all the way up to the bosun's chair?
(a) She is excited to climb up.
(b) She doesn't let anyone know how she feels about it.
(c) She is frightened to climb up.
(d) She is willing to climb up, but doesn't really care.
5. What does Uncle Mo do most of the time while the group is working on the boat?
(a) He lays in the sun and sleeps.
(b) He yells at his son.
(c) He walks around the boat making "hmm" noises.
(d) He scrubs down the sides of the boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian plan to do, after Cody and Sophie get back from Wood Island?
2. Why does Sophie think Cody is a good teacher?
3. What is Sophie doing that causes her to kneel on the deck just before she suddenly looks up and can't see anyone on deck?
4. What does Uncle Stew do for a living?
5. What kind of knot does Cody learn from Sophie?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)