|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dreamer-like thing does Sophie's father often do?
(a) Draw fantastical pictures.
(b) Invent strange machines.
(c) Make up new business ideas.
(d) Suggest going on exotic trips.
2. How old does Sophie say Bompie was when he left England?
3. What insult do Cody and Brian call each other after the baptism celebration?
(a) Ignoramus stupid-head.
(b) No-good no-nothing know-it-all.
(c) Knuckleheaded doofus.
(d) Sour pus.
4. What one thing does Sophie like about moving?
(a) Being able to start over from scratch.
(b) Meeting new friends.
(c) Decorating a new room.
(d) Seeing a new part of the country.
5. What does Cody discover his father doing below deck?
(a) Punching a pillow.
(b) Hiding something under his mattress.
(d) Tearing up a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Cody and Sophie go, while Uncle Dock is tinkering with the electrics?
2. How does Sophie feel about climbing all the way up to the bosun's chair?
3. How does the narrator describe sailing?
4. Where are Sophie and Cody, when Sophie tell him the story of Bompie at the ocean?
5. What is Sophie doing that causes her to kneel on the deck just before she suddenly looks up and can't see anyone on deck?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)