|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What similarity does Brian notice and comment on among Sophie's Bompie stories?
(a) Bompie always gets into trouble in water.
(b) Bompie always creates conflict with other people.
(c) Bompie always tells the truth about his accidents.
(d) Bompie always disobeys his father.
2. How does Sophie's mom say that Bompie remembers his stories?
(a) She says they're like pictures in his head.
(b) She says they're all filed in little boxes in his head.
(c) She says he makes them up as he goes along.
(d) She says she doesn't know.
3. In Sophie's story, how does Bompie get back to Kentucky after his visit to the ocean?
(a) He drives.
(b) He hitchhikes.
(c) He bicycles.
(d) He walks.
4. What does Uncle Dock injure in the wave?
(a) His back.
(b) His leg.
(c) His arm.
(d) His neck.
5. How do Sophie's friends react to her explaining about her relationship with the sea?
(a) They are jealous.
(b) They are interested and want to know more.
(c) They get very excited and want to learn to sail.
(d) They don't understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Sophie always end up with in the windstorm?
2. What is Uncle Mo's name short for?
3. What do the voyagers conclude that the blips they're seeing on their radar are?
4. How long does Uncle Dock estimate that the whole trip will take?
5. How many brothers and sisters does Frank's father have?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)