|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What material does the boat-maker use in a technique to help his work stay smooth?
(a) Plastic wrap.
(b) Steel wool.
2. Of the GPS, ham radio, and radar, what is still working after the massive wave?
(a) Only the ham radio.
(b) Only the radar.
(c) None of them.
(d) The ham radio and radar.
3. Where does Cody prefer to by during the storm?
(a) Up in the bosun's chair.
(b) On deck, trying to fix things.
(c) Below deck, sleeping.
(d) Below deck, eating.
4. In Sophie's story, how does the little kid feel when people say the kid's parents have gone to heaven, a wonderful place?
5. What job does Sophie always end up with in the windstorm?
(a) Managing the jib.
(b) Fastening the boom.
(c) Bailing out the water.
(d) Handling the helm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people can sleep on the boat?
2. In Sophie's story, how does Bompie get back to Kentucky after his visit to the ocean?
3. What animals come to The Wanderer on its way out of the Bay of Fundy?
4. What does Sophie's mother do when Sophie calls?
5. How long has Sophie been living with her adopted parents?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)