|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Stew do for a living?
(a) He sells insurance.
(b) He is a medical assistant.
(c) He is an accountant.
(d) He manages an apartment building.
2. What do the travelers try to use for navigation after the wreckage of the storm?
(a) The sun and moon.
(b) The GPS.
(c) The sextant.
(d) The currents.
3. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The sea.
(b) A friend.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) The wind.
4. What does Brian call the little black bird?
(a) The storm bird.
(b) The omen bird.
(c) The lonely bird.
(d) The orphan bird.
5. What does Uncle Stew call six to eight foot waves?
(a) Kindergarten waves.
(b) Toddler waves.
(c) Grade-school waves.
(d) Baby waves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Uncle Stew order Cody to turn off the electrics?
2. What is Uncle Mo's name short for?
3. How old does Sophie say Bompie was when he left England?
4. What does Uncle Stew say when Brian asks what happened to Sophie's real parents?
5. During the storm, what kind of music does Sophie imagine should be playing?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)