|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sophie's story, where does Bompie go to see the ocean?
(a) South Carolina.
(d) New Jersey.
2. When Cody asks Uncle Dock what happened to Sophie's parents, what does he say?
(a) He promised Sophie's adopted parents not to talk about it.
(b) He won't tell Cody the upsetting story.
(c) He will tell Cody the story when Cody is older.
(d) He doesn't know what happened to them.
3. In Sophie's story, how does the little kid feel when people say the kid's parents have gone to heaven, a wonderful place?
4. How old is Sophie?
5. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The sea.
(b) A friend.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) The wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie compare the experience of the wave to?
2. Of the GPS, ham radio, and radar, what is still working after the massive wave?
3. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's mother give him?
4. What does Uncle Mo say that his job is?
5. What does Sophie's father say about her trip?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)