|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie compare the experience of the wave to?
(a) Being born.
(b) Being baptized.
(c) Being in a washing machine.
(d) Being a fish.
2. In the story Sophie tells, what does Bompie use to try to cross the Ohio River?
(a) A fallen tree.
(b) A train track.
(c) A freeway bridge.
(d) An electrical wire.
3. How does Sophie's mom say that Bompie remembers his stories?
(a) She says she doesn't know.
(b) She says they're all filed in little boxes in his head.
(c) She says he makes them up as he goes along.
(d) She says they're like pictures in his head.
4. During the storm, what kind of music does Sophie imagine should be playing?
(d) Hard rock.
5. What goes wrong with the boat's mainsail?
(a) Two gromments are torn out.
(b) It tangles with the lines.
(c) It breaks free from a line.
(d) A rip appears near the mast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joey find the boat he fixed up?
2. What dreamer-like thing does Sophie's father often do?
3. What does Cody offer to teach the others on the trip?
4. What warps Sophie's sense of time?
5. What kind of knot does Cody learn from Sophie?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)