|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's family trade for a car?
(a) Three chickens.
(b) Two calves.
(c) A horse.
(d) Two mules.
2. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
(a) A watch.
(b) A shell.
(c) A locket.
(d) A rock.
3. What does Cody tell his father, as the sail-less boat is whipped by the waves?
(a) That he knows everything will be okay.
(b) That he doesn't want to die.
(c) That he's sorry he's always fooling around.
(d) That he's sorry for them fighting.
4. When dolphins come to the side of the boat, how big are their groups?
(a) Groups of nine or ten.
(b) Groups of two or three.
(c) Groups of four or five.
(d) Groups of six or seven.
5. Where does Sophie live while working on the boat?
(a) A rented cabin by the docks.
(b) Uncle Dock's cottage.
(c) Uncle Mo's apartment.
(d) Uncle Stew's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the crew do to practice radio code?
2. What is the word for D in radio code?
3. How does Bompie act when Sophie' mother calls him?
4. What kind of "life insurance" does Sophie imagine getting at the end of Chapter 33?
5. What do the two girls on the beach ask Cody and Brian?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)