|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
(a) From Cape Fear Coast to Cumbrland Island.
(b) From Long Island Sound to Block Island.
(c) From Diamond Cove to Roanoke Island.
(d) From Nantucket Island to Hilton Head Island.
2. What do the two girls on the beach ask Cody and Brian?
(a) Where they come from.
(b) How long they're staying for.
(c) What time it is.
(d) Which way town is.
3. What do the crew do to practice radio code?
(a) Have special radio-code conversations a half-hour a day.
(b) Call each other by abbreviated radio-code versions of their names.
(c) Ask for food by radio-code names.
(d) Make fake radio-code calls to each other.
4. When dolphins come to the side of the boat, how big are their groups?
(a) Groups of four or five.
(b) Groups of nine or ten.
(c) Groups of two or three.
(d) Groups of six or seven.
5. What does Uncle Dock say, when Cody asks if Sophie knows what happened to her parents?
(a) She must know at some level, but he doesn't know if she knows consciously.
(b) She knows because she was told about it later.
(c) She knows because she was there when it happened.
(d) She doesn't know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
2. What does Brian plan to do, after Cody and Sophie get back from Wood Island?
3. What name does Cody give the black bird that visits the boat?
4. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
5. What similarity does Brian notice and comment on among Sophie's Bompie stories?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)