|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of knot does Cody learn from Sophie?
(a) A clove hitch.
(b) A double constrictor knot.
(c) An alpine coil.
(d) A power cinch.
2. What kind of "life insurance" does Sophie imagine getting at the end of Chapter 33?
(a) Insurance that life will be happy.
(b) Insurance that life will be long.
(c) Insurance that life will be quiet and stable.
(d) Insurance that life will be interesting.
3. What is Uncle Mo's name short for?
4. The first night out on the ocean, what appears in the water around the boat?
(a) Phosphorescent plankton.
(b) Sea turtles.
(c) Gulper eels.
(d) A seaweed forest.
5. How does Cody contact the ship?
(a) UHF radio.
(b) VHF radio.
(c) Ham radio.
(d) Flag signals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
2. How many people can sleep on the boat?
3. What did Cody's dad ask him after getting off the phone with Cody's mother?
4. When Cody's father tells him that Cody's been a good son and he's been a bad father, what does Cody think?
5. When dolphins come to the side of the boat, how big are their groups?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)