|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie imagine being when she grows up, while visiting Seal Cove?
(a) A lobster fisherman.
(b) A salmon fisherman.
(c) A whaler.
(d) A ship builder.
2. What does Cody think about all the stops The Wanderer makes?
(a) He thinks they should stay longer at their destinations.
(b) He thinks the stops are perfect.
(c) He worries that the stops are setting them behind schedule.
(d) He thinks Uncle Dock seems to be stalling the main voyage.
3. What does Cody find and give to Sophie?
(a) A lump of gold ore.
(b) A bead necklace.
(c) A broken watch.
(d) A string of shells.
4. What does Sophie think of Brian's lecture on points of sail?
(a) His lecture is too boring.
(b) He is helpful and informative.
(c) His examples are too simplistic.
(d) His explanations are too complicated.
5. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
(a) A locket.
(b) A shell.
(c) A watch.
(d) A rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Sophie her journal?
2. What do the two girls on the beach ask Cody and Brian?
3. How does Bompie act when Sophie' mother calls him?
4. Why did some people object to the narrator sailing?
5. What color is the sky when The Wanderer arrives at Seal Cove?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)