|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What material does the boat-maker Cody, Brian, and Sophie visit mainly work with?
2. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The wind.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) A friend.
(d) The sea.
3. What do the travelers try to use for navigation after the wreckage of the storm?
(a) The currents.
(b) The GPS.
(c) The sextant.
(d) The sun and moon.
4. What is the trouble of the lone sailor the crew of The Wanderer talks to on the radio?
(a) He is having mechanical problems and needs someone to call the Coast Guard.
(b) He is having electrical trouble and needs to know his location.
(c) He is having leakage and needs advice.
(d) He is ill and needs someone to cheer him up.
5. Where are Sophie and Cody, when Sophie tell him the story of Bompie at the ocean?
(a) At the helm.
(b) In their bunks.
(c) In the galley.
(d) At the masthead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Uncle Stew order Cody to turn off the electrics?
2. In Sophie's story, where does Bompie go to see the ocean?
3. How many people can sleep on the boat?
4. How long does Uncle Dock estimate that the whole trip will take?
5. What does Uncle Mo say that his job is?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)