|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sophie overhear talking about Uncle Stew losing his job?
(a) Brian and Uncle Dock.
(b) Uncle Stew and Uncle Dock.
(c) Uncle Stew and Uncle Mo.
(d) Brian and Uncle Mo.
2. What does Sophie say when Uncle Stew asks if she's scared?
(a) She says no, but she is lying.
(b) She says no, and she is telling the truth.
(c) She says yes, but she is lying.
(d) She says yes, and she is telling the truth.
3. During the storm, what kind of music does Sophie imagine should be playing?
(a) Hard rock.
4. What does Uncle Stew call six to eight foot waves?
(a) Baby waves.
(b) Toddler waves.
(c) Grade-school waves.
(d) Kindergarten waves.
5. What does Sophie's mother do when Sophie calls?
(a) She just tells Sophie to talk.
(b) She keeps bursting into tears.
(c) She asks endless questions.
(d) She keeps repeating how great it is to talk to Sophie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the sky when The Wanderer arrives at Seal Cove?
2. What temperature is it most days, while Sophie and her relatives are working on the boat?
3. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
4. What is used to lift the boat into the water?
5. What do Brian and Sophie notice about the dolphins?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)