|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of Sophie's friends complain being on a boat would be like?
(a) Being watched all the time.
(b) Being a prisoner.
(c) Being at a job.
(d) Being on a roller coaster.
2. What material does the boat-maker Cody, Brian, and Sophie visit mainly work with?
3. How old does Sophie say Bompie was when he left England?
4. How many bluefish does the sailing catch on the sail toward Martha's Vineyard?
5. What does Sophie think of Brian's lecture on points of sail?
(a) His explanations are too complicated.
(b) His lecture is too boring.
(c) He is helpful and informative.
(d) His examples are too simplistic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cody call the two girls he sees walking down the beach toward him?
2. What does Sophie say, when Cody is upset that his father berates him for going out to Wood Island?
3. What does Uncle Stew say when Brian asks what happened to Sophie's real parents?
4. What dreamer-like thing does Sophie's father often do?
5. What does Cody discover his father doing below deck?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)