|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The sea.
(b) The wind.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) A friend.
2. What does Sophie say when Cody asks what happened to her parents?
(a) That she doesn't remember.
(b) Nothing, that they're in Kentucky.
(c) She pretends she doesn't hear him.
(d) That she doesn't want to talk about it.
3. Who is Sophie going to visit on the other side of the ocean?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her aunt.
4. Where does Sophie live while working on the boat?
(a) Uncle Mo's apartment.
(b) Uncle Dock's cottage.
(c) A rented cabin by the docks.
(d) Uncle Stew's house.
5. Where do Cody and Sophie go, while Uncle Dock is tinkering with the electrics?
(a) To a bird sanctuary.
(b) To an old shipwreck.
(c) To an antiques gallery.
(d) To an art museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dreamer-like thing does Sophie's father often do?
2. What advice does Sophie give Cody when he feels stuck on Grand Manan?
3. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
4. Who writes down all the things that need to be fixed on the boat on a clipboard?
5. What does Brian accuse Sophie of lying about?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)