|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of Sophie's friends complain being on a boat would be like?
(a) Being at a job.
(b) Being watched all the time.
(c) Being a prisoner.
(d) Being on a roller coaster.
2. What does Sophie say when Uncle Stew asks if she's scared?
(a) She says no, but she is lying.
(b) She says yes, and she is telling the truth.
(c) She says no, and she is telling the truth.
(d) She says yes, but she is lying.
3. What advice does Sophie give Cody when he feels stuck on Grand Manan?
(a) It's not where you are that's importnat, it's who you are.
(b) It's not where you're going that's important, it's how you get there.
(c) A bad attitude will make the good things that start to happen invisible.
(d) It's how you think about where you are that makes the difference between happy and sad.
4. What type of car does Frank drive?
(a) A pickup.
(b) A convertible.
(c) A van.
(d) A sedan.
5. What does Sophie's father say about her trip?
(a) That he wishes he could go, too.
(b) That he doesn't understand why she has to go.
(c) That he is afraid for what might happen to her.
(d) That it's something she just has to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who keeps yelling at Sophie to put away her journal?
2. What does the crew call the new bilge box?
3. What temperature is it most days, while Sophie and her relatives are working on the boat?
4. What warps Sophie's sense of time?
5. What does Sophie think of Brian's lecture on points of sail?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)