|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one thing does Sophie like about moving?
(a) Being able to start over from scratch.
(b) Seeing a new part of the country.
(c) Meeting new friends.
(d) Decorating a new room.
2. What is Cody always doing while he works?
(a) Tilting his head to the side to examine what he's doing.
(b) Snapping and tapping.
(c) Flexing his muscles.
(d) Humming or singing.
3. Who writes down all the things that need to be fixed on the boat on a clipboard?
(a) Uncle Stew.
(b) Uncle Dock.
4. Which of the following is not one of the "lands" Sophie is usually in?
5. Why did Sophie's family move?
(a) Sophie's father wanted to be near his family.
(b) Sophie's mother missed the Kentucky mountains.
(c) Sophie's mother got a new job.
(d) Sophie's father inherited a house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Dock call the wind?
2. Aside from Sophie, how many people are going on the sailing trip across the ocean?
3. Which of the following is not one of the sides of Sophie?
4. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
5. Who is Sophie going to visit on the other side of the ocean?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)