|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian accuse Sophie of lying about?
(a) Going clamming with Bompie.
(b) Being able to sail the boat on her own.
(c) Having learned to sail when she was three.
(d) Catching a 20-pound fish.
2. Where did Sophie and her family live previously?
(a) The coast of Maine.
(b) The coast of South Carolina.
(c) The coast of Virginia.
(d) The coast of Florida.
3. In the story Sophie tells, what does Bompie use to try to cross the Ohio River?
(a) A freeway bridge.
(b) A train track.
(c) A fallen tree.
(d) An electrical wire.
4. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
(a) From Nantucket Island to Hilton Head Island.
(b) From Diamond Cove to Roanoke Island.
(c) From Long Island Sound to Block Island.
(d) From Cape Fear Coast to Cumbrland Island.
5. What does Sophie say, when Cody is upset that his father berates him for going out to Wood Island?
(a) That he doesn't know what he's talking about.
(b) That Cody doesn't have to listen to him.
(c) That at least he's worried about Cody.
(d) That he's right, and they shouldn't have gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up driving Sophie to Connecticut?
2. Which of the following is not one of the "lands" Sophie is usually in?
3. What does Cody think Sophie is afraid of?
4. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
5. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's family trade for a car?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)