|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's mother give him?
(a) A book.
(b) An empty box.
(c) An apple pie.
(d) A whistle.
2. How long does Uncle Dock estimate that the whole trip will take?
(a) Six to eight weeks.
(b) Fifteen to sixteen weeks.
(c) Three to four weeks.
(d) Ten to twelve weeks.
3. What do the travelers use to practice juggling?
(a) Hard rolls.
(c) Bags of pretzels.
4. What reason does Uncle Mo give for not helping to clean?
(a) That he's too tired to clean.
(b) That he's a lousy cleaner.
(c) That he's got more other work than the rest of them.
(d) That he's allergic to cleaning.
5. In the story Sophie tells, what does Bompie use to try to cross the Ohio River?
(a) A fallen tree.
(b) A freeway bridge.
(c) A train track.
(d) An electrical wire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sophie going to visit on the other side of the ocean?
2. What does Sophie imagine being when she grows up, while visiting Seal Cove?
3. What does Sophie say when Uncle Stew asks if she's scared?
4. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
5. Who does most of the cooking and cleaning on the ship?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)