|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did some people object to the narrator sailing?
(a) They said she was too aloof.
(b) They said she was too young.
(c) They said she was too inexperienced.
(d) They said she was too clumsy.
2. Where did Joey find the boat he fixed up?
(a) A beach.
(b) A swamp.
(c) A reef.
(d) A lumberyard.
3. What does Brian plan to do, after Cody and Sophie get back from Wood Island?
(a) He plans a buddy system so no one goes off alone.
(b) He plans an emergency rescue system in case someone is lost at sea.
(c) He plans a schedule of visits to Wood Island.
(d) He plans a chart of what each person is doing each day.
4. What does Uncle Mo do most of the time while the group is working on the boat?
(a) He walks around the boat making "hmm" noises.
(b) He lays in the sun and sleeps.
(c) He scrubs down the sides of the boat.
(d) He yells at his son.
5. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
(a) She shows her trophies and medals.
(b) She accuses them of being sexist.
(c) She shows her knowledge of sailing.
(d) She shows how she can do hard work.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's family trade for a car?
2. What does Sophie say when Cody asks what happened to her parents?
3. Who writes down all the things that need to be fixed on the boat on a clipboard?
4. What does Sophie wonder about Cody?
5. Why does Sophie think Cody is a good teacher?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)