|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What temperature is it most days, while Sophie and her relatives are working on the boat?
2. What material does the boat-maker use in a technique to help his work stay smooth?
(b) Plastic wrap.
(c) Steel wool.
3. What does Sophie say, when Cody is upset that his father berates him for going out to Wood Island?
(a) That at least he's worried about Cody.
(b) That Cody doesn't have to listen to him.
(c) That he doesn't know what he's talking about.
(d) That he's right, and they shouldn't have gone.
4. What dreamer-like thing does Sophie's father often do?
(a) Draw fantastical pictures.
(b) Suggest going on exotic trips.
(c) Make up new business ideas.
(d) Invent strange machines.
5. What color is the sky when The Wanderer arrives at Seal Cove?
(a) Deep blue and black.
(b) Rose and lavender.
(c) Grey and white.
(d) Yellow and orange.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up driving Sophie to Connecticut?
2. When is the expedition planning to set sail?
3. When Cody asks Uncle Dock what happened to Sophie's parents, what does he say?
4. What one thing does Sophie like about moving?
5. What does Uncle Stew call six to eight foot waves?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)