|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian accuse Sophie of lying about?
(a) Catching a 20-pound fish.
(b) Being able to sail the boat on her own.
(c) Going clamming with Bompie.
(d) Having learned to sail when she was three.
2. What does Uncle Dock plan to teach the others on the journey?
(a) How to fly fish.
(b) How to read charts.
(c) How to navigate by the stars.
(d) How to read the weather.
3. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
(a) From Diamond Cove to Roanoke Island.
(b) From Nantucket Island to Hilton Head Island.
(c) From Cape Fear Coast to Cumbrland Island.
(d) From Long Island Sound to Block Island.
4. What does Brian plan to do, after Cody and Sophie get back from Wood Island?
(a) He plans a buddy system so no one goes off alone.
(b) He plans a schedule of visits to Wood Island.
(c) He plans a chart of what each person is doing each day.
(d) He plans an emergency rescue system in case someone is lost at sea.
5. What does Cody discover his father doing below deck?
(b) Hiding something under his mattress.
(c) Punching a pillow.
(d) Tearing up a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cody find and give to Sophie?
2. What does Cody think Sophie is afraid of?
3. Why does Sophie think Cody is a good teacher?
4. What do the travelers use to practice juggling?
5. What color is the sky when The Wanderer arrives at Seal Cove?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)