|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sophie's story, why doesn't Bompie get along with the pastor?
(a) Bompie always makes a fuss when he is in church.
(b) Bompie is dating the pastor's daughter and brings her home late.
(c) The pastor has a conflict with Bompie's father about a piece of pasture.
(d) Bompie messed up the cakes for the local bake sale.
2. Where does Sophie live while working on the boat?
(a) Uncle Dock's cottage.
(b) Uncle Mo's apartment.
(c) A rented cabin by the docks.
(d) Uncle Stew's house.
3. What does Brian accuse Sophie of lying about?
(a) Going clamming with Bompie.
(b) Being able to sail the boat on her own.
(c) Catching a 20-pound fish.
(d) Having learned to sail when she was three.
4. What material does the boat-maker use in a technique to help his work stay smooth?
(b) Plastic wrap.
(c) Steel wool.
5. Where did Joey find the boat he fixed up?
(a) A reef.
(b) A lumberyard.
(c) A beach.
(d) A swamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the hardest part of killing and cleaning a bluefish for Sophie?
2. In the story Sophie tells, what does Bompie use to try to cross the Ohio River?
3. When dolphins come to the side of the boat, how big are their groups?
4. Who is Sophie going to visit on the other side of the ocean?
5. How old is Sophie?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)