|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who keeps yelling at Sophie to put away her journal?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her teachers.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
2. What does one of Sophie's friends complain being on a boat would be like?
(a) Being on a roller coaster.
(b) Being at a job.
(c) Being watched all the time.
(d) Being a prisoner.
3. What does Uncle Dock plan to teach the others on the journey?
(a) How to navigate by the stars.
(b) How to read the weather.
(c) How to fly fish.
(d) How to read charts.
4. Where did Joey find the boat he fixed up?
(a) A reef.
(b) A lumberyard.
(c) A beach.
(d) A swamp.
5. What does Sophie wonder about Cody?
(a) How he stands his father.
(b) If he has any brains.
(c) If he has had a girlfriend.
(d) How he feels about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aside from Sophie, how many people are going on the sailing trip across the ocean?
2. In the story Sophie tells, what does Bompie tell himself while he rushes to get to the other side of the river?
3. What does Uncle Dock call the wind?
4. Who writes down all the things that need to be fixed on the boat on a clipboard?
5. What does Cody offer to teach the others on the trip?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)