|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Uncle Mo's name short for?
2. How long does Uncle Dock estimate that the whole trip will take?
(a) Three to four weeks.
(b) Six to eight weeks.
(c) Ten to twelve weeks.
(d) Fifteen to sixteen weeks.
3. What does Uncle Stew call six to eight foot waves?
(a) Grade-school waves.
(b) Toddler waves.
(c) Kindergarten waves.
(d) Baby waves.
4. In his journal, what animals does Cody compare his father with?
(a) A cat and a spider.
(b) A slug and a crab.
(c) A weasel and a snake.
(d) A shark and a jackel.
5. When Cody asks Uncle Dock what happened to Sophie's parents, what does he say?
(a) He will tell Cody the story when Cody is older.
(b) He promised Sophie's adopted parents not to talk about it.
(c) He won't tell Cody the upsetting story.
(d) He doesn't know what happened to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who keeps yelling at Sophie to put away her journal?
2. What does Sophie imagine being when she grows up, while visiting Seal Cove?
3. Who writes down all the things that need to be fixed on the boat on a clipboard?
4. What does Sophie think of Brian's lecture on points of sail?
5. Where did Sophie and her family live previously?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)