|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian plan to do, after Cody and Sophie get back from Wood Island?
(a) He plans a chart of what each person is doing each day.
(b) He plans a schedule of visits to Wood Island.
(c) He plans an emergency rescue system in case someone is lost at sea.
(d) He plans a buddy system so no one goes off alone.
2. How long has Sophie been living with her adopted parents?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four years.
(c) One year.
(d) Three years.
3. What does Stew say Claire thought of him and his brothers when she was young?
(a) That they were plain and childish.
(b) That they were aloof and mysterious.
(c) That they were snotty and disgusting.
(d) That they were idyllic heroes.
4. What does Cody find and give to Sophie?
(a) A lump of gold ore.
(b) A bead necklace.
(c) A broken watch.
(d) A string of shells.
5. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie do to the pastor during the baptism?
(a) He dunks the pastor.
(b) He punches the pastor.
(c) He bites the pastor.
(d) He mocks the pastor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crew call the new bilge box?
2. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
3. What material does the boat-maker use in a technique to help his work stay smooth?
4. What is the hardest part of killing and cleaning a bluefish for Sophie?
5. How does the narrator describe sailing?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)