|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of car does Frank drive?
(a) A convertible.
(b) A van.
(c) A sedan.
(d) A pickup.
2. What does Uncle Dock call the competitiveness among boat owners in Martha's Vineyard?
(a) Boat boxing.
(b) Boat bombast.
(c) Boat attitude.
(d) Boat envy.
3. What is used to lift the boat into the water?
(a) Good, old-fashioned muscle.
(b) A special dolly.
(c) A system of pulleys.
(d) A crane.
4. Why did Sophie's family move?
(a) Sophie's father inherited a house.
(b) Sophie's mother got a new job.
(c) Sophie's mother missed the Kentucky mountains.
(d) Sophie's father wanted to be near his family.
5. Who gave Sophie her journal?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Uncle Dock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cody offer to teach the others on the trip?
2. What does Uncle Stew call six to eight foot waves?
3. What material does the boat-maker use in a technique to help his work stay smooth?
4. Where do Cody and Sophie go, while Uncle Dock is tinkering with the electrics?
5. What does Sophie's mother do when Sophie calls?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)