|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sophie live while working on the boat?
(a) Uncle Dock's cottage.
(b) Uncle Stew's house.
(c) A rented cabin by the docks.
(d) Uncle Mo's apartment.
2. Why did Sophie's family move?
(a) Sophie's father inherited a house.
(b) Sophie's father wanted to be near his family.
(c) Sophie's mother missed the Kentucky mountains.
(d) Sophie's mother got a new job.
3. How does the narrator describe sailing?
(a) Like riding a wild beast.
(b) Like flying over the water.
(c) Like being inside a painting.
(d) Like floating in nothingness.
4. What insult do Cody and Brian call each other after the baptism celebration?
(a) Ignoramus stupid-head.
(b) Sour pus.
(c) No-good no-nothing know-it-all.
(d) Knuckleheaded doofus.
5. In the story Sophie tells, what does Bompie tell himself while he rushes to get to the other side of the river?
(a) Giddy-up, giddy-up!
(b) Gosh almighty, gosh almighty!
(c) Oh no, oh no!
(d) Mush-ye, mush-ye!
Short Answer Questions
1. When dolphins come to the side of the boat, how big are their groups?
2. How do Sophie's friends react to her explaining about her relationship with the sea?
3. What does Uncle Stew call six to eight foot waves?
4. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
5. What does Uncle Dock call the wind?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)