|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cody think Sophie is afraid of?
(a) Open spaces.
(b) Going home.
(c) The journey's end.
2. What insult do Cody and Brian call each other after the baptism celebration?
(a) Ignoramus stupid-head.
(b) No-good no-nothing know-it-all.
(c) Sour pus.
(d) Knuckleheaded doofus.
3. How does Sophie's mom say that Bompie remembers his stories?
(a) She says she doesn't know.
(b) She says they're all filed in little boxes in his head.
(c) She says he makes them up as he goes along.
(d) She says they're like pictures in his head.
4. What is Cody always doing while he works?
(a) Tilting his head to the side to examine what he's doing.
(b) Humming or singing.
(c) Snapping and tapping.
(d) Flexing his muscles.
5. What does Sophie say when Uncle Stew asks if she's scared?
(a) She says no, and she is telling the truth.
(b) She says yes, but she is lying.
(c) She says no, but she is lying.
(d) She says yes, and she is telling the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Stew say when Brian asks what happened to Sophie's real parents?
2. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's mother give him?
3. Where did Joey find the boat he fixed up?
4. Why did Sophie's family move?
5. What does Sophie imagine being when she grows up, while visiting Seal Cove?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)