|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stew say Claire thought of him and his brothers when she was young?
(a) That they were plain and childish.
(b) That they were snotty and disgusting.
(c) That they were idyllic heroes.
(d) That they were aloof and mysterious.
2. Why does Sophie think Cody is a good teacher?
(a) He uses pictures to help teach.
(b) He makes funny jokes.
(c) His lesson starts simply and gets more complicated.
(d) He teaches them a song to help them learn.
3. In Sophie's story, why doesn't Bompie get along with the pastor?
(a) Bompie messed up the cakes for the local bake sale.
(b) The pastor has a conflict with Bompie's father about a piece of pasture.
(c) Bompie is dating the pastor's daughter and brings her home late.
(d) Bompie always makes a fuss when he is in church.
4. How does the narrator describe sailing?
(a) Like being inside a painting.
(b) Like floating in nothingness.
(c) Like flying over the water.
(d) Like riding a wild beast.
5. What does Cody offer to teach the others on the trip?
(a) How to cook omelettes.
(b) How to dance.
(c) How to draw.
(d) How to juggle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of Sophie's friends complain being on a boat would be like?
2. Why does Brian think no one likes him?
3. What does the tall, lanky woman say is on Wood Island?
4. How many bluefish does the sailing catch on the sail toward Martha's Vineyard?
5. Who is Sophie going to visit on the other side of the ocean?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)