Section I - Preparations
1. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A friend.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) The wind.
(d) The sea.
2. How does the narrator describe sailing?
(a) Like floating in nothingness.
(b) Like being inside a painting.
(c) Like flying over the water.
(d) Like riding a wild beast.
3. Why did some people object to the narrator sailing?
(a) They said she was too aloof.
(b) They said she was too inexperienced.
(c) They said she was too clumsy.
(d) They said she was too young.
4. Which of the following is not one of the sides of Sophie?
(a) Absentminded and careless.
(b) Logical and down-to-earth.
(c) Hardheaded and impulsive.
(d) Dreamy and romantic.
5. Which of the following is not one of the "lands" Sophie is usually in?
6. What dreamer-like thing does Sophie's father often do?
(a) Make up new business ideas.
(b) Suggest going on exotic trips.
(c) Invent strange machines.
(d) Draw fantastical pictures.
7. How old is Sophie?
This section contains 4,822 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)