Section I - Preparations
1. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The sea.
(b) The wind.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) A friend.
2. How does the narrator describe sailing?
(a) Like being inside a painting.
(b) Like flying over the water.
(c) Like riding a wild beast.
(d) Like floating in nothingness.
3. Why did some people object to the narrator sailing?
(a) They said she was too young.
(b) They said she was too aloof.
(c) They said she was too clumsy.
(d) They said she was too inexperienced.
4. Which of the following is not one of the sides of Sophie?
(a) Absentminded and careless.
(b) Hardheaded and impulsive.
(c) Logical and down-to-earth.
(d) Dreamy and romantic.
5. Which of the following is not one of the "lands" Sophie is usually in?
6. What dreamer-like thing does Sophie's father often do?
(a) Draw fantastical pictures.
(b) Suggest going on exotic trips.
(c) Make up new business ideas.
(d) Invent strange machines.
7. How old is Sophie?
This section contains 4,822 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)