Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pommerer fear that his phone troubles are linked to?
2. Who hires Bolle as a full-time agent after he presents photographs and data from the BRD?
3. How do the Western and Stasi superiors differ according to Bolle?
4. Who arrives to distribute food and supplies in 1945 where the Narrator resides?
5. When is the best time to cross the border at Heinrich Heine Strasse?
Essay Topic 1
Schneider powerfully portrays the theme of mental conditioning in Berlin. West Berlin residents consider themselves superior to their neighbors in the East. How are the Germans conditioned? What do they believe? What are they afraid of? Examine this theme in relationship to the quote by Schneider, "Where does the state end and the self begin? How far are we conditioned by the place we are born in?"
Essay Topic 2
What is the function of graffiti in "The Wall Jumper"? What does graffiti say about the German socialist system in East Berlin? What does it say about the German capitalist system in West Berlin?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Lena with Frieda. How are these women similar or different? What gender roles do they follow and what do they oppose? How is Lena's thinking representative of her upbringing? What does she like and dislike about the West? What about Frieda?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)