Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pommerer fear that his phone troubles are linked to?
2. Who hires Bolle as a full-time agent after he presents photographs and data from the BRD?
3. How do the Western and Stasi superiors differ according to Bolle?
4. Who arrives to distribute food and supplies in 1945 where the Narrator resides?
5. When is the best time to cross the border at Heinrich Heine Strasse?
Describe Lena. What is her role in the story? What was Schneider trying to accomplish by creating the Lena' character in the novel?
Schneider is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, puns, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Love and sexuality between the Narrator and Lena is a recurring theme. How does the Narrator's feelings about love change from the beginning of the novel to its end? In what ways has he expanded his awareness and beliefs? Is sexuality connected to love for the Narrator? How does his feelings for Lena develop and change and how does his relationship with her contrast with that of other women that he has had romantic feelings for or an idealized relationship with?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)