Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pommerer fear that his phone troubles are linked to?
2. Who hires Bolle as a full-time agent after he presents photographs and data from the BRD?
3. How do the Western and Stasi superiors differ according to Bolle?
4. Who arrives to distribute food and supplies in 1945 where the Narrator resides?
5. When is the best time to cross the border at Heinrich Heine Strasse?
Schneider powerfully portrays the theme of mental conditioning in Berlin. West Berlin residents consider themselves superior to their neighbors in the East. How are the Germans conditioned? What do they believe? What are they afraid of? Examine this theme in relationship to the quote by Schneider, "Where does the state end and the self begin? How far are we conditioned by the place we are born in?"
Schneider is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, puns, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
The Narrator uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the stories he shares in "The Wall Jumper". Then cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)