Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pommerer fear that his phone troubles are linked to?
2. Who hires Bolle as a full-time agent after he presents photographs and data from the BRD?
3. How do the Western and Stasi superiors differ according to Bolle?
4. Who arrives to distribute food and supplies in 1945 where the Narrator resides?
5. When is the best time to cross the border at Heinrich Heine Strasse?
In "The Wall Jumper", Schneider's German society shows a conscious selectivity about technology. What do you think of the technology that GartenschlÃ¤ger tries to steal? Which aspects do you find more or less appealing? How is technology associated with power and rebellion?
Tensions between certain characters offer insight into unfolding dramatic events. Pick two important individuals that interact with each other in "The Wall Jumper" and discuss their volatile relationship within the context of historical events. How does their conflict advance a theory or effect if any?
Schneider powerfully portrays the theme of mental conditioning in Berlin. West Berlin residents consider themselves superior to their neighbors in the East. How are the Germans conditioned? What do they believe? What are they afraid of? Examine this theme in relationship to the quote by Schneider, "Where does the state end and the self begin? How far are we conditioned by the place we are born in?"
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)