|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bolle is allowed to travel back and forth through Germany and is not arrested for his espionage, what does he become?
2. In West Germany, what does Bolle find that no one is willing to join him in doing?
3. What does a West Berlin court declare Bolle to be?
4. Where does the Narrator's aunt live?
5. Who arrives to distribute food and supplies in 1945 where the Narrator resides?
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the Wall? When was the Wall erected? How does it divide Berlin? How does it divide the people of Berlin? What does the Wall symbolize? What international relationships are changed as a result? Who gains or loses power?
Essay Topic 2
The two belief systems of capitalism and socialism are pitted against each other frequently in "The Wall Jumper". Identify examples of each. In what ways is the Narrator attracted to the capitalist system versus the socialist system and vice-versa? Is it surprising that people jump the Wall on both sides? Discuss in relation to the stories shared by the Narrator and Pommerer.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did Schneider mean by calling the book "The Wall Jumper"? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)