|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pommerer fear that his phone troubles are linked to?
2. Who hires Bolle as a full-time agent after he presents photographs and data from the BRD?
3. How do the Western and Stasi superiors differ according to Bolle?
4. Who arrives to distribute food and supplies in 1945 where the Narrator resides?
5. When is the best time to cross the border at Heinrich Heine Strasse?
Essay Topic 1
Pommerer and The Narrator are two of the most active characters in discussing their social and political beliefs.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Pommerer had a direct influence upon? What are some events that The Narrator had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support or sympathy to people that attempt to jump the Wall? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 2
In "The Wall Jumper", Schneider's German society shows a conscious selectivity about technology. What do you think of the technology that GartenschlÃ¤ger tries to steal? Which aspects do you find more or less appealing? How is technology associated with power and rebellion?
Essay Topic 3
The Narrator uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the stories he shares in "The Wall Jumper". Then cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 1,200 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)