|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pommerer fear that his phone troubles are linked to?
2. Who hires Bolle as a full-time agent after he presents photographs and data from the BRD?
3. How do the Western and Stasi superiors differ according to Bolle?
4. Who arrives to distribute food and supplies in 1945 where the Narrator resides?
5. When is the best time to cross the border at Heinrich Heine Strasse?
Essay Topic 1
Describe some of the settings for "The Wall Jumper". What is the overall setting? How does the city of Berlin change over time? How is the East different from the West? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the author choose to use these places in "The Wall Jumper"?
Essay Topic 2
The Narrator uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the stories he shares in "The Wall Jumper". Then cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
"The Wall Jumper" is written primarily in the first-person point of view of the Narrator. Is this point of view more or less effective than telling the story from the third-persona and omniscient perspective?
This section contains 1,200 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)