Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pommerer fear that his phone troubles are linked to?
2. Who hires Bolle as a full-time agent after he presents photographs and data from the BRD?
3. How do the Western and Stasi superiors differ according to Bolle?
4. Who arrives to distribute food and supplies in 1945 where the Narrator resides?
5. When is the best time to cross the border at Heinrich Heine Strasse?
Essay Topic 1
The two belief systems of capitalism and socialism are pitted against each other frequently in "The Wall Jumper". Identify examples of each. In what ways is the Narrator attracted to the capitalist system versus the socialist system and vice-versa? Is it surprising that people jump the Wall on both sides? Discuss in relation to the stories shared by the Narrator and Pommerer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the Wall? When was the Wall erected? How does it divide Berlin? How does it divide the people of Berlin? What does the Wall symbolize? What international relationships are changed as a result? Who gains or loses power?
Essay Topic 3
Love and sexuality between the Narrator and Lena is a recurring theme. How does the Narrator's feelings about love change from the beginning of the novel to its end? In what ways has he expanded his awareness and beliefs? Is sexuality connected to love for the Narrator? How does his feelings for Lena develop and change and how does his relationship with her contrast with that of other women that he has had romantic feelings for or an idealized relationship with?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)