|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the co-worker that was found to have Western currency in his apartment and later is declared to be insane?
2. Where did Lena grow up?
3. How long of a prison sentence does Bolle receive from a West Berlin court?
(a) 12 month.
(b) 5 month.
(c) 8 month.
(d) 10 month.
4. What is everything in the DDR about?
5. Where is Bolle stationed that he learns skills in sabotage?
(b) Dominican Republic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a West Berlin court declare Bolle to be?
2. What does the DDR employ along the border that Gartenschläger wants to have?
3. What did Pommerer's father leave for him for protection?
4. When Bolle is allowed to travel back and forth through Germany and is not arrested for his espionage, what does he become?
5. At what age was Gartenschläger arrested for treason?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Narrator identify with the German people and not politics?
2. What first attracts the Narrator to Lena?
3. How does Bolle become a double agent for the DDR?
4. What does Pommerer observe about the DDR leadership and the reconstruction of East Berlin?
5. Describe the Narrator's experience at the border with the guards and the man with the dog.
6. How does Bolle end up in the French legion in Corsica?
7. How do Robert and the Narrator differ in their view of news reports and their own role in it?
8. What does the man who approaches Pommerer in the bar tell him about Butterfly?
9. How is Gartenschläger caught and killed?
10. Why does Gartenschläger attempt to get a self-triggering robot?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)