|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age was Gartenschläger arrested for treason?
2. When Bolle offered his services to the US Army for counterintelligence, what happened?
(a) They turned him down.
(b) He became a double agent.
(c) He became a spy.
(d) He was captured.
3. What is being torn down in the Narrator's neighborhood via urban renovation?
4. Why did Bolle spend 7 years in prison?
(a) For lying to the police.
(b) For stealing tires.
(c) For being a metal worker.
(d) For breaking the DDR border restriction rule.
5. Where does Bolle erect his device to preach war against the Wall?
(a) His underground station.
(b) His Roman villa.
(c) His Kreuzberg garret.
(d) His suburban paradise.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1945, where is the Narrator?
2. Where does Pommerer live in 1945?
3. What does Robert enjoy viewing different models of that the Narrator accompanies to see?
4. What did Pommerer's father leave for him for protection?
5. How much was Bolle ransomed for by the BRD?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert observe about capitalism when he goes to check car models with the Narrator?
2. How do Robert and the Narrator differ in their view of news reports and their own role in it?
3. What does the man who approaches Pommerer in the bar tell him about Butterfly?
4. How does the Narrator identify with the German people and not politics?
5. How does Bolle become an agent for the Stasi?
6. What are some decadent pleasures that the Narrator enjoys in West Berlin?
7. What are Lena's relationships with men prior to meeting the Narrator?
8. What is the difference in the experiences that Pommerer and the Narrator have in 1945 with the Russians and Americans respectively?
9. Why does Pommerer believe his phone troubles are linked to a protest he did?
10. Describe the Narrator's experience at the border with the guards and the man with the dog.
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)