|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gartenschläger climbs up and removes a comrade along the border, what does he luckily avoid sniping?
(a) A dog.
(b) A guard.
(c) A fence.
(d) A wire.
2. After gaining skills in sabotage, what does Bolle do?
(a) Desert his group.
(b) Fight his group.
(c) Build his own army.
(d) Give up.
3. Who did Pommerer's family fear would rape them?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The Americans.
4. What does the Narrator bring into East Berlin that he is allowed to carry?
(a) His dog.
(b) His phone.
(c) His cat.
(d) His stories.
5. What does Robert enjoy viewing different models of that the Narrator accompanies to see?
(c) Machine guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bolle jumps the wall, what does he tell the DDR guards that he wants?
2. Over what philosopher do Robert and the Narrator argue that brings them almost to blows?
3. Where did Lena grow up?
4. When was Bolle ransomed by the BRD?
5. What is being torn down in the Narrator's neighborhood via urban renovation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man who approaches Pommerer in the bar tell him about Butterfly?
2. How does Bolle become an agent for the Stasi?
3. What are some decadent pleasures that the Narrator enjoys in West Berlin?
4. What is Bolle's ultimate fate after he double crosses both intelligence sides?
5. What amazes the Narrator about his cousin's behavior in Dresden?
6. Why does Gartenschläger attempt to get a self-triggering robot?
7. How is Gartenschläger caught and killed?
8. How do Pommerer and the Narrator differ on their views of East and West German workers?
9. Why does Pommerer believe his phone troubles are linked to a protest he did?
10. How does Bolle end up in the French legion in Corsica?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)