|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gartenschläger have difficulty living?
2. To whom does Bolle intend to betray the DDR officials?
(a) Italian mafia.
(b) US authorities.
(c) Soviet KGB.
(d) Greek police.
3. What does Robert find always falls outside of himself when he considers events and motives?
(d) Free choice.
4. Where is Gartenschläger killed?
5. What position did Bolle have in the south that he tired of?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A metal worker.
(c) A gunsmith.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Narrator's aunt?
2. Why do the Narrator and Robert have to leave the cafe near the Kurfürstendamm?
3. Where does the Narrator's aunt live?
4. Who arrives to distribute food and supplies in 1945 where the Narrator resides?
5. What does Pommerer fear that his phone troubles are linked to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bolle end up in the French legion in Corsica?
2. How does Bolle become a double agent for the DDR?
3. How do Robert and the Narrator differ in their view of news reports and their own role in it?
4. What first attracts the Narrator to Lena?
5. Describe the Narrator's first encounter with Frieda in his apartment building.
6. What amazes the Narrator about his cousin's behavior in Dresden?
7. What does a stranger warn Robert and the Narrator about in the cafe and what happens subsequently?
8. What are some decadent pleasures that the Narrator enjoys in West Berlin?
9. What does Robert think of the police's participation in the violence in town?
10. Why does Pommerer believe his phone troubles are linked to a protest he did?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)