|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After gaining skills in sabotage, what does Bolle do?
(a) Desert his group.
(b) Build his own army.
(c) Give up.
(d) Fight his group.
2. What does Gartenschläger sell his stolen item to a news magazine for?
(a) 18,000 DM.
(b) 12,000 DM.
(c) 15,000 DM.
(d) 14,000 DM.
3. Who did Pommerer's family fear would rape them?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Russians.
4. What is the subject of the documentary that the Narrator watches with Pommerer?
(a) The war.
(b) The reunification.
(c) The partition.
(d) The reconstruction.
5. To whom does Bolle intend to betray the DDR officials?
(a) Greek police.
(b) Soviet KGB.
(c) US authorities.
(d) Italian mafia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives to distribute food and supplies in 1945 where the Narrator resides?
2. How much was Bolle ransomed for by the BRD?
3. What is an indulgent pleasure that the Narrator likes to do in West Berlin?
4. Via what method does Bolle infiltrate the BRD?
5. What do the masked people use to break the glass of storefronts near the Kurfürstendamm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the similarity in the news reporting of the strike in Poland that both Pommerer and the Narrator observe?
2. Why does Gartenschläger attempt to get a self-triggering robot?
3. What does Robert observe about capitalism when he goes to check car models with the Narrator?
4. How does Bolle become an agent for the Stasi?
5. What first attracts the Narrator to Lena?
6. Describe the Narrator's first encounter with Frieda in his apartment building.
7. How do Pommerer and the Narrator differ on their views of East and West German workers?
8. What does Pommerer observe about the DDR leadership and the reconstruction of East Berlin?
9. When the leather-bound storyteller is found to have graffiti, how does he extricate himself from the clutches of the DDR?
10. What does a stranger warn Robert and the Narrator about in the cafe and what happens subsequently?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)