|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pommerer's father leave for him for protection?
(a) A tank.
(b) A knife.
(c) A servant.
(d) A pistol.
2. Who does the Narrator see in a long gown in his apartment building?
(a) A blonde diva.
(b) A weapons expert.
(c) A railroad official.
(d) A news reporter.
3. When was Bolle ransomed by the BRD?
4. What did the Narrator's uncle do for a living before he died?
(a) He was a poet.
(b) He was an artist.
(c) He was a preacher.
(d) He was a mining executive.
5. What is Robert's defense against worry?
(a) Pretend it did not happen.
(b) Have a routine.
(c) Fight your opponent.
(d) Show no surprise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Via what method does Bolle infiltrate the BRD?
2. What does the stranger that buys Pommerer drinks want Pommerer to join?
3. What does Robert think is a fairy tale for those who choose to not know better?
4. Who seduces Lena but abandons her?
5. What does the Narrator bring into East Berlin that he is allowed to carry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a stranger warn Robert and the Narrator about in the cafe and what happens subsequently?
2. How does Bolle become a double agent for the DDR?
3. How does Bolle become an agent for the Stasi?
4. What is Bolle's ultimate fate after he double crosses both intelligence sides?
5. How is Gartenschläger caught and killed?
6. What first attracts the Narrator to Lena?
7. Describe the Narrator's experience at the border with the guards and the man with the dog.
8. Why does Pommerer believe his phone troubles are linked to a protest he did?
9. How do Robert and the Narrator differ in their view of news reports and their own role in it?
10. How does Bolle end up in the French legion in Corsica?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)