|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was Bolle ransomed for by the BRD?
(a) 50,000 DM.
(b) 100,000 DM.
(c) 20,000 DM.
(d) 150,000 DM.
2. What has taken too long to finish according to Pommerer in East Berlin that makes him angry?
3. Who is the Narrator's aunt?
4. When is the best time to cross the border at Heinrich Heine Strasse?
(a) 3 to 5.
(b) 10 to 12.
(c) 2 to 4.
(d) 12 to 2.
5. Over what philosopher do Robert and the Narrator argue that brings them almost to blows?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pommerer believe that East Germans have more of than West Germans?
2. Via what method does Bolle infiltrate the BRD?
3. Where does Gartenschläger have difficulty living?
4. When was Bolle ransomed by the BRD?
5. What is everything in the DDR about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert think of the police's participation in the violence in town?
2. How do Robert and the Narrator differ in their view of news reports and their own role in it?
3. What amazes the Narrator about his cousin's behavior in Dresden?
4. What are some decadent pleasures that the Narrator enjoys in West Berlin?
5. Describe the Narrator's first encounter with Frieda in his apartment building.
6. Why does Pommerer believe his phone troubles are linked to a protest he did?
7. What does Pommerer observe about the DDR leadership and the reconstruction of East Berlin?
8. How does Bolle end up in the French legion in Corsica?
9. How does Bolle become a double agent for the DDR?
10. Why does Gartenschläger attempt to get a self-triggering robot?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)