|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Bolle ransomed by the BRD?
2. Who is Esther deciding between to have sex with that she tells the Narrator about?
(a) Robert and Frieda.
(b) Bolle and Robert.
(c) Marlow and Bill.
(d) Loch and Walter.
3. When Bolle is allowed to travel back and forth through Germany and is not arrested for his espionage, what does he become?
(a) A preacher.
(b) A cop.
(c) A double agent.
(d) An officer.
4. Who hires Bolle as a full-time agent after he presents photographs and data from the BRD?
5. What does Bolle join when he cannot find anywhere to serve after leaving the south?
(a) West German Defense.
(b) French Foreign Legion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is being torn down in the Narrator's neighborhood via urban renovation?
2. Who arrives to distribute food and supplies in 1945 where the Narrator resides?
3. What is the DDR leadership according to Pommerer?
4. How much was Bolle ransomed for by the BRD?
5. How long of a prison sentence does Bolle receive from a West Berlin court?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Robert and the Narrator differ in their view of news reports and their own role in it?
2. Why does Pommerer believe his phone troubles are linked to a protest he did?
3. When the leather-bound storyteller is found to have graffiti, how does he extricate himself from the clutches of the DDR?
4. Describe the Narrator's experience at the border with the guards and the man with the dog.
5. What is the similarity in the news reporting of the strike in Poland that both Pommerer and the Narrator observe?
6. What are some decadent pleasures that the Narrator enjoys in West Berlin?
7. What does Robert observe about capitalism when he goes to check car models with the Narrator?
8. How is Gartenschläger caught and killed?
9. What are Lena's relationships with men prior to meeting the Narrator?
10. How do Pommerer and the Narrator differ on their views of East and West German workers?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)