|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a West Berlin court declare Bolle to be?
(a) A lost, confused soul.
(b) A parapalegic.
(c) A mass murderer.
(d) A convicted felon.
2. How long of a prison sentence does Bolle receive from a West Berlin court?
(a) 8 month.
(b) 5 month.
(c) 12 month.
(d) 10 month.
3. What is everything in the DDR about?
4. Who hires Bolle as a full-time agent after he presents photographs and data from the BRD?
5. How do the Western and Stasi superiors differ according to Bolle?
(a) Their dental work and wristwatches.
(b) Their decor and makeup.
(c) Their guns and bullets.
(d) Their stations and power.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how much money was Gartenschläger ransomed by the BRD?
2. Where does Gartenschläger go with an assistant to gain access to the DDR border tools?
3. In West Germany, what does Bolle find that no one is willing to join him in doing?
4. Who is the co-worker that was found to have Western currency in his apartment and later is declared to be insane?
5. Where does Pommerer live in 1945?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bolle's ultimate fate after he double crosses both intelligence sides?
2. What does the man who approaches Pommerer in the bar tell him about Butterfly?
3. What does a stranger warn Robert and the Narrator about in the cafe and what happens subsequently?
4. Why does Gartenschläger attempt to get a self-triggering robot?
5. What are Lena's relationships with men prior to meeting the Narrator?
6. When the leather-bound storyteller is found to have graffiti, how does he extricate himself from the clutches of the DDR?
7. How is Gartenschläger caught and killed?
8. What first attracts the Narrator to Lena?
9. What are some decadent pleasures that the Narrator enjoys in West Berlin?
10. How does the Narrator identify with the German people and not politics?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)