|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bolle jumps the wall, what does he tell the DDR guards that he wants?
(a) To return home.
(b) To fight with them.
(c) To give in.
(d) To learn secrets.
2. How long of a prison sentence does Bolle receive from a West Berlin court?
(a) 10 month.
(b) 5 month.
(c) 12 month.
(d) 8 month.
3. After hearing Bolle's tale, whose story does Pommerer share with the Narrator in the bar?
4. What does Pommerer learn from the foreigners in 1945?
(a) "Have you chewing gum?"
(b) "Peace please!"
(c) "Ami, go home."
(d) "Go away!"
5. Where is Gartenschläger killed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has taken too long to finish according to Pommerer in East Berlin that makes him angry?
2. Where does Pommerer live in 1945?
3. What does Bolle erect to preach war against the Wall?
4. In Pommerer's favorite bar, what does the Narrator complain about?
5. In 1945, where is the Narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert think of the police's participation in the violence in town?
2. What is the similarity in the news reporting of the strike in Poland that both Pommerer and the Narrator observe?
3. How does the Narrator identify with the German people and not politics?
4. What amazes the Narrator about his cousin's behavior in Dresden?
5. How does Bolle become an agent for the Stasi?
6. Why does Gartenschläger attempt to get a self-triggering robot?
7. Describe the Narrator's first encounter with Frieda in his apartment building.
8. What does the man who approaches Pommerer in the bar tell him about Butterfly?
9. What is Bolle's ultimate fate after he double crosses both intelligence sides?
10. What first attracts the Narrator to Lena?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)