|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age was Gartenschläger arrested for treason?
2. How do the Western and Stasi superiors differ according to Bolle?
(a) Their decor and makeup.
(b) Their stations and power.
(c) Their guns and bullets.
(d) Their dental work and wristwatches.
3. What does the DDR employ along the border that Gartenschläger wants to have?
(a) Invisible fence.
(b) Self-triggering robots.
(c) Guard bullets.
(d) Invisible mines.
4. Who did Pommerer's family fear would rape them?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The Germans.
5. What is Robert's defense against worry?
(a) Fight your opponent.
(b) Show no surprise.
(c) Have a routine.
(d) Pretend it did not happen.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gartenschläger climbs up and removes a comrade along the border, what does he luckily avoid sniping?
2. What does Bolle join when he cannot find anywhere to serve after leaving the south?
3. When Bolle is allowed to travel back and forth through Germany and is not arrested for his espionage, what does he become?
4. What must Bolle learn in the West to earn the right he forfeited earlier?
5. What has taken too long to finish according to Pommerer in East Berlin that makes him angry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bolle's ultimate fate after he double crosses both intelligence sides?
2. What are some decadent pleasures that the Narrator enjoys in West Berlin?
3. How does Bolle end up in the French legion in Corsica?
4. What does Robert observe about capitalism when he goes to check car models with the Narrator?
5. How is Gartenschläger caught and killed?
6. What does the man who approaches Pommerer in the bar tell him about Butterfly?
7. Describe the Narrator's experience at the border with the guards and the man with the dog.
8. What amazes the Narrator about his cousin's behavior in Dresden?
9. What first attracts the Narrator to Lena?
10. What is the difference in the experiences that Pommerer and the Narrator have in 1945 with the Russians and Americans respectively?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)