|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Western and Stasi superiors differ according to Bolle?
(a) Their decor and makeup.
(b) Their stations and power.
(c) Their dental work and wristwatches.
(d) Their guns and bullets.
2. What does Pommerer learn from the foreigners in 1945?
(a) "Peace please!"
(b) "Ami, go home."
(c) "Go away!"
(d) "Have you chewing gum?"
3. What did Pommerer's father leave for him for protection?
(a) A servant.
(b) A knife.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A tank.
4. When Bolle offered his services to the US Army for counterintelligence, what happened?
(a) He was captured.
(b) They turned him down.
(c) He became a spy.
(d) He became a double agent.
5. To whom does Bolle intend to betray the DDR officials?
(a) Soviet KGB.
(b) Italian mafia.
(c) US authorities.
(d) Greek police.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the best time to cross the border at Heinrich Heine Strasse?
2. Who is the stranger that comes to talk to Pommerer in the bar and buys a round of drinks?
3. Where are strikes occurring that the Narrator watches on television with Pommerer?
4. What does Robert think is a fairy tale for those who choose to not know better?
5. When Biermann is exiled, what do his supporters in East Berlin fear?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Robert and the Narrator differ in their view of news reports and their own role in it?
2. Why does Gartenschläger attempt to get a self-triggering robot?
3. What is the difference in the experiences that Pommerer and the Narrator have in 1945 with the Russians and Americans respectively?
4. How does Bolle become an agent for the Stasi?
5. What are Lena's relationships with men prior to meeting the Narrator?
6. Describe the Narrator's first encounter with Frieda in his apartment building.
7. How does Bolle end up in the French legion in Corsica?
8. What is Bolle's ultimate fate after he double crosses both intelligence sides?
9. What are some decadent pleasures that the Narrator enjoys in West Berlin?
10. How do Pommerer and the Narrator differ on their views of East and West German workers?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)