|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Via what method does Bolle infiltrate the BRD?
(a) Stasi plan.
(b) Ho Chi Minh Trail.
(c) Kreuzberg garret.
(d) BRD agency.
2. In 1945, where is the Narrator?
3. What is the DDR leadership according to Pommerer?
4. When Bolle offered his services to the US Army for counterintelligence, what happened?
(a) He became a double agent.
(b) He was captured.
(c) They turned him down.
(d) He became a spy.
5. Who is the only traveler at the checkpoint that the Narrator sees by the border at Heinrich Heine Strasse?
(a) A man with a dog.
(b) A woman with a chicken.
(c) A priest.
(d) A drunkard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long of a prison sentence does Bolle receive from a West Berlin court?
2. How much was Bolle ransomed for by the BRD?
3. Where does Gartenschläger go with an assistant to gain access to the DDR border tools?
4. What do the masked people use to break the glass of storefronts near the Kurfürstendamm?
5. Why do the Narrator and Robert have to leave the cafe near the Kurfürstendamm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Narrator identify with the German people and not politics?
2. What does Pommerer observe about the DDR leadership and the reconstruction of East Berlin?
3. Describe the Narrator's experience at the border with the guards and the man with the dog.
4. What is the difference in the experiences that Pommerer and the Narrator have in 1945 with the Russians and Americans respectively?
5. What are Lena's relationships with men prior to meeting the Narrator?
6. How does Bolle become a double agent for the DDR?
7. What are some decadent pleasures that the Narrator enjoys in West Berlin?
8. How does Bolle end up in the French legion in Corsica?
9. How does Bolle become an agent for the Stasi?
10. When the leather-bound storyteller is found to have graffiti, how does he extricate himself from the clutches of the DDR?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)