|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pommerer learn from the foreigners in 1945?
(a) "Have you chewing gum?"
(b) "Go away!"
(c) "Ami, go home."
(d) "Peace please!"
2. What does Pommerer fear that his phone troubles are linked to?
(a) His exile from work.
(b) His participation in a protest.
(c) His fear of death.
(d) His support of a scientist.
3. What did Pommerer's father leave for him for protection?
(a) A tank.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A knife.
(d) A servant.
4. What does the stranger that buys Pommerer drinks want Pommerer to join?
(a) His train.
(b) His spy organization.
(c) His ship.
(d) His plant.
5. To whom does Bolle return after double crossing both the BRD and DDR?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Soviets.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The Greeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Pommerer's favorite bar, what does the Narrator complain about?
2. Via what method does Bolle infiltrate the BRD?
3. Who did Pommerer's family fear would rape them?
4. What is being torn down in the Narrator's neighborhood via urban renovation?
5. When Bolle jumps the wall, what does he tell the DDR guards that he wants?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a stranger warn Robert and the Narrator about in the cafe and what happens subsequently?
2. How does Bolle become a double agent for the DDR?
3. When the leather-bound storyteller is found to have graffiti, how does he extricate himself from the clutches of the DDR?
4. What does Robert observe about capitalism when he goes to check car models with the Narrator?
5. How do Robert and the Narrator differ in their view of news reports and their own role in it?
6. How does Bolle end up in the French legion in Corsica?
7. What does Robert think of the police's participation in the violence in town?
8. What does the man who approaches Pommerer in the bar tell him about Butterfly?
9. Describe the Narrator's first encounter with Frieda in his apartment building.
10. What is the difference in the experiences that Pommerer and the Narrator have in 1945 with the Russians and Americans respectively?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)