|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pommerer live in 1945?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A bunker.
(c) A Victorian b&b.
(d) A Russian hideout.
2. What does the stranger that buys Pommerer drinks want Pommerer to join?
(a) His train.
(b) His ship.
(c) His plant.
(d) His spy organization.
3. Over what philosopher do Robert and the Narrator argue that brings them almost to blows?
4. Where are strikes occurring that the Narrator watches on television with Pommerer?
5. What does Bolle erect to preach war against the Wall?
(a) A radio transmitter.
(b) A satellite dish.
(c) A TV antenna.
(d) A substation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Bolle learn in the West to earn the right he forfeited earlier?
2. How much was Bolle ransomed for by the BRD?
3. Why did Bolle spend 7 years in prison?
4. Who is the co-worker that was found to have Western currency in his apartment and later is declared to be insane?
5. What does the Narrator bring into East Berlin that he is allowed to carry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What first attracts the Narrator to Lena?
2. How does Bolle become an agent for the Stasi?
3. Why does Gartenschläger attempt to get a self-triggering robot?
4. What does Pommerer observe about the DDR leadership and the reconstruction of East Berlin?
5. Describe the Narrator's first encounter with Frieda in his apartment building.
6. What are Lena's relationships with men prior to meeting the Narrator?
7. What is the difference in the experiences that Pommerer and the Narrator have in 1945 with the Russians and Americans respectively?
8. How do Pommerer and the Narrator differ on their views of East and West German workers?
9. How is Gartenschläger caught and killed?
10. What does Robert observe about capitalism when he goes to check car models with the Narrator?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)