|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lena grow up?
2. Who is the Narrator's aunt?
3. Where does Gartenschläger go with an assistant to gain access to the DDR border tools?
4. Who is Esther deciding between to have sex with that she tells the Narrator about?
(a) Robert and Frieda.
(b) Bolle and Robert.
(c) Marlow and Bill.
(d) Loch and Walter.
5. Where is Bolle stationed that he learns skills in sabotage?
(d) Dominican Republic.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Bolle return after double crossing both the BRD and DDR?
2. When was Bolle ransomed by the BRD?
3. When Bolle jumps the wall, what does he tell the DDR guards that he wants?
4. Why did Bolle spend 7 years in prison?
5. What does the Narrator bring into East Berlin that he is allowed to carry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pommerer observe about the DDR leadership and the reconstruction of East Berlin?
2. Describe the Narrator's experience at the border with the guards and the man with the dog.
3. How does Bolle become an agent for the Stasi?
4. Why does Gartenschläger attempt to get a self-triggering robot?
5. What is Bolle's ultimate fate after he double crosses both intelligence sides?
6. What does the man who approaches Pommerer in the bar tell him about Butterfly?
7. What does a stranger warn Robert and the Narrator about in the cafe and what happens subsequently?
8. What is the similarity in the news reporting of the strike in Poland that both Pommerer and the Narrator observe?
9. How do Pommerer and the Narrator differ on their views of East and West German workers?
10. What are some decadent pleasures that the Narrator enjoys in West Berlin?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)