|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Narrator's aunt?
2. What does Bolle erect to preach war against the Wall?
(a) A radio transmitter.
(b) A substation.
(c) A TV antenna.
(d) A satellite dish.
3. What does the DDR employ along the border that Gartenschläger wants to have?
(a) Invisible fence.
(b) Invisible mines.
(c) Guard bullets.
(d) Self-triggering robots.
4. After gaining skills in sabotage, what does Bolle do?
(a) Build his own army.
(b) Fight his group.
(c) Desert his group.
(d) Give up.
5. What position did Bolle have in the south that he tired of?
(a) A metal worker.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A gunsmith.
(d) A blacksmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Bolle learn in the West to earn the right he forfeited earlier?
2. What does Bolle join when he cannot find anywhere to serve after leaving the south?
3. Why do the Narrator and Robert have to leave the cafe near the Kurfürstendamm?
4. How do the Western and Stasi superiors differ according to Bolle?
5. When Bolle is allowed to travel back and forth through Germany and is not arrested for his espionage, what does he become?
Short Essay Questions
1. What amazes the Narrator about his cousin's behavior in Dresden?
2. Describe the Narrator's first encounter with Frieda in his apartment building.
3. How does Bolle end up in the French legion in Corsica?
4. How does Bolle become a double agent for the DDR?
5. What is the similarity in the news reporting of the strike in Poland that both Pommerer and the Narrator observe?
6. Describe the Narrator's experience at the border with the guards and the man with the dog.
7. What first attracts the Narrator to Lena?
8. How do Robert and the Narrator differ in their view of news reports and their own role in it?
9. How does Bolle become an agent for the Stasi?
10. How do Pommerer and the Narrator differ on their views of East and West German workers?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)