|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bolle join when he cannot find anywhere to serve after leaving the south?
(c) West German Defense.
(d) French Foreign Legion.
2. What is an indulgent pleasure that the Narrator likes to do in West Berlin?
(a) Drive fast.
(b) Eat hamburgers.
(c) Have chocolate.
(d) Drink beer.
3. After hearing Bolle's tale, whose story does Pommerer share with the Narrator in the bar?
4. To whom does Bolle intend to betray the DDR officials?
(a) Greek police.
(b) Soviet KGB.
(c) US authorities.
(d) Italian mafia.
5. Where does Pommerer live in 1945?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A Russian hideout.
(c) A Victorian b&b.
(d) A bunker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gartenschläger go with an assistant to gain access to the DDR border tools?
2. What position did Bolle have in the south that he tired of?
3. What is everything in the DDR about?
4. Over what philosopher do Robert and the Narrator argue that brings them almost to blows?
5. When Biermann is exiled, what do his supporters in East Berlin fear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert think of the police's participation in the violence in town?
2. Describe the Narrator's experience at the border with the guards and the man with the dog.
3. What is Bolle's ultimate fate after he double crosses both intelligence sides?
4. What does Robert observe about capitalism when he goes to check car models with the Narrator?
5. How does Bolle become an agent for the Stasi?
6. How do Robert and the Narrator differ in their view of news reports and their own role in it?
7. How does the Narrator identify with the German people and not politics?
8. What is the difference in the experiences that Pommerer and the Narrator have in 1945 with the Russians and Americans respectively?
9. Describe the Narrator's first encounter with Frieda in his apartment building.
10. What amazes the Narrator about his cousin's behavior in Dresden?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)