|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman with bulging eyeballs that meets with Pommerer support?
2. What area does not have land mines according to Pommerer?
(a) Russian underground.
(b) Soviet Union.
(c) Center City.
(d) K2 mountain top.
3. When the Narrator arrives home at midnight, who is he surprised to see working at window level in his building?
4. Where do Pommerer and the Narrator go to watch jazz?
(a) Getty museum.
(b) Friedrichstrasse station.
(c) Hall of Young Talent.
(d) Underground railroad.
5. Who does the Narrator dream about when he takes his first visit to the DDR?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what building does Lena find peace in that politics has not touched?
2. Whose company does the Narrator enjoy until he dies at 70?
3. Where does the Narrator exit from the metro into East Berlin?
4. What is the remarkable difference between West and East-bound travelers at the Schonefield airport?
5. Instead of outsmarting the State, what did Biermann do that evoked criticism from his peers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Narrator's first encounter with Frieda in his apartment building.
2. What does the woman with bulging eyeballs who visits Pommerer have to say about solidarity?
3. How do Pommerer and the Narrator differ on their views regarding East and West Germany and change?
4. Describe Berlin from the Narrator's point of view in the airplane.
5. How does Bolle become an agent for the Stasi?
6. What first attracts the Narrator to Lena?
7. How does Bolle become a double agent for the DDR?
8. How does the Narrator identify with the German people and not politics?
9. How is the difference in the importance of the Wall shown in Western and Eastern maps?
10. What does the Narrator observe in the final paragraphs about himself and his belongings?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)