|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many friends does Lena have that dress differently than others in West Germany?
2. On maps, what does the Narrator notice is missing in West Berlin?
3. How does Kabe fool his government?
(a) He fights their clinics.
(b) He burns their flags.
(c) He is unemployed and lives off the state.
(d) He spies on them.
4. When the Narrator arrives home at midnight, who is he surprised to see working at window level in his building?
5. What is vandalized consistently outside the Narrator's building?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Narrator meet in East Berlin that is forbidden to publish?
2. Who remains silent when Pommerer's friends and neighbors complain about censorship?
3. What do Western publicity folk strive to avoid according to the Narrator?
4. In the Narrator's dream, what does he fall overboard from?
5. What is the remarkable difference between West and East-bound travelers at the Schonefield airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the East and West Germans are different at the Schöneﬁeld Airport.
2. How does the Narrator describe Robert in Chapter 1?
3. What does the Wall symbolize to the West Germans?
4. What are the Narrator's neighbors in Berlin like?
5. What did the early 1960s see in Berlin in terms of escape methods in Berlin?
6. What does the Narrator notice about Soviet propaganda compared to that of the West while traveling with Pommerer?
7. How do the DDR and the Western television reflect bias when it comes to news reporting?
8. How does Kabe outwit both the East and West German governments?
9. How do Pommerer and the Narrator differ on their views regarding East and West Germany and change?
10. How does Schneider uses the analogy of lovers to explain the German lack of interest in reunification?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)