|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Narrator's dream, what does he fall overboard from?
(a) A boat.
(b) A car.
(c) A plane.
(d) A helicopter.
2. What is the enormous structure in the countryside that the Narrator notices standing out?
(a) A TV antenna.
(b) A dish.
(c) A silo.
(d) A statue.
3. Who do the artists in the countryside that the Narrator meets criticize that lost the privilege of going abroad?
(a) A writer.
(b) A scientist.
(c) A teacher.
(d) An intellectual.
4. Who clings together in a new life in the West?
(a) Northern Germans.
(b) East Germans.
(c) West Germans.
(d) Southern Germans.
5. What does the woman with bulging eyeballs that meets with Pommerer support?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Narrator's first landlord in Berlin?
2. What covers the land six miles out of Berlin that the Narrator notices before they see greenery?
3. What does the Narrator travel into East Berlin on?
4. What did Kabe claim was too quiet not to jump?
5. What is the remarkable difference between West and East-bound travelers at the Schonefield airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the evening of music that Pommerer and the Narrator take in at the Hall of Young Talent like?
2. What are the Narrator's neighbors in Berlin like?
3. How does Schneider uses the analogy of lovers to explain the German lack of interest in reunification?
4. How did Lena's family treat her when she visited with the Narrator in East Berlin?
5. What did the early 1960s see in Berlin in terms of escape methods in Berlin?
6. What is the difference in reporting between West and East German politicians on the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan on the evening news?
7. How do Pommerer and the Narrator differ on their views regarding East and West Germany and change?
8. How does Kabe outwit both the East and West German governments?
9. How does the Narrator view the East from the S-Bahn train station?
10. Describe Berlin from the Narrator's point of view in the airplane.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)