|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Western publicity folk strive to avoid according to the Narrator?
2. What does the Narrator notice has been removed from all the vehicles in the West?
(a) FD insignia.
(b) VW insignia.
(c) AC insignia.
(d) LB insignia.
3. What structure zigzags through the city of Berlin?
(a) The Russian embassy.
(b) The Wall.
(c) The helicopter pad.
(d) The airport.
4. What is Lena's family concerned about regarding West Berlin and the West in general?
(a) Whether they will lose.
(b) Whether they will suffer.
(c) Whether life is livable.
(d) Whether they will fit in.
5. What kinds of escape methods from the Wall became popular in the early 1960s?
(b) Tightrope walking.
(d) Drugging guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have Pommerer's friends in the countryside settled into?
2. Whose existence do BRD politicians deny?
3. Who owns the building in which the Narrator lives?
4. For how many Fridays do the Eastern boys jump the Wall before they are stopped by the West Berlin patrol?
5. Whose company does the Narrator enjoy until he dies at 70?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the early 1960s see in Berlin in terms of escape methods in Berlin?
2. What are the Narrator's neighbors in Berlin like?
3. What is the evening of music that Pommerer and the Narrator take in at the Hall of Young Talent like?
4. What does the woman with bulging eyeballs who visits Pommerer have to say about solidarity?
5. How does Kabe outwit both the East and West German governments?
6. What do neighbors in the German countryside gather to discuss that the Narrator observes?
7. Describe Berlin from the Narrator's point of view in the airplane.
8. Describe how the East and West Germans are different at the Schöneﬁeld Airport.
9. How does the Narrator describe Kabe?
10. How did Lena's family treat her when she visited with the Narrator in East Berlin?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)