|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the remarkable difference between West and East-bound travelers at the Schonefield airport?
(a) Singing and dancing.
(b) Expression and clothing.
(c) Noise and serenity.
(d) Hairstyle and practice.
2. What does the Narrator notice has been removed from all the vehicles in the West?
(a) FD insignia.
(b) LB insignia.
(c) AC insignia.
(d) VW insignia.
3. Why do the Eastern boys jump the Wall?
(a) To see a film.
(b) To get food.
(c) To go to school.
(d) To meet some girls.
4. Where do Pommerer and the Narrator go to watch jazz?
(a) Underground railroad.
(b) Hall of Young Talent.
(c) Friedrichstrasse station.
(d) Getty museum.
5. What did Kabe claim was too quiet not to jump?
(a) His neighborhood.
(b) His life.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His friend's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. On maps, what does the Narrator notice is missing in West Berlin?
2. In the Narrator's dream, what does he fall overboard from?
3. What relations did Kabe strain through his act of jumping the Wall?
4. What do the neighbors of Pommerer's friends in the countryside gather to discuss?
5. What do BRD politicians emphasize regarding East and West Germany?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kabe outwit both the East and West German governments?
2. What do neighbors in the German countryside gather to discuss that the Narrator observes?
3. What does the Narrator notice about Soviet propaganda compared to that of the West while traveling with Pommerer?
4. How does the Narrator describe Gerhard Schlater?
5. What does the woman with bulging eyeballs who visits Pommerer have to say about solidarity?
6. How do Pommerer and the Narrator differ on their views regarding East and West Germany and change?
7. Describe Berlin from the Narrator's point of view in the airplane.
8. What did the early 1960s see in Berlin in terms of escape methods in Berlin?
9. Describe how the East and West Germans are different at the Schöneﬁeld Airport.
10. What is the story that Pommerer tells the Narrator about the Willy boys and their friend Lutz concerning the Wall?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)