|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose company does the Narrator enjoy until he dies at 70?
(a) A violinist.
(b) A writer.
(c) A dancer.
(d) A singer.
2. What do the banners that the Narrator sees in the countryside exhort people to do?
(a) Pull together.
(b) Shoot together.
(c) Pull apart.
(d) Fight together.
3. What lying outside the path to the door of the Narrator's building remains the same?
4. What is the enormous structure in the countryside that the Narrator notices standing out?
(a) A silo.
(b) A statue.
(c) A TV antenna.
(d) A dish.
5. Who considers themselves superior based on clothing, accessories and language?
(a) East Germans.
(c) West Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do neighbors shun in favor of those who struggle against publishers and the party?
2. What is Lena's family concerned about regarding West Berlin and the West in general?
3. Where does the Narrator exit from the metro into East Berlin?
4. Who does the Narrator meet in Lena's family in East Berlin?
5. What do both sides of the Wall want to call Kabe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Narrator view the East from the S-Bahn train station?
2. Who is Wolf Biermann, mentioned in Chapter 1, and how is he described?
3. What do the artistic neighbors that the Narrator meets with Pommerer in the countryside say about the scientist and the state as compared to writers?
4. What do neighbors in the German countryside gather to discuss that the Narrator observes?
5. What is the story that Pommerer tells the Narrator about the Willy boys and their friend Lutz concerning the Wall?
6. How does the Narrator describe Gerhard Schlater?
7. How has television affected the culture of the two German societies?
8. What is the evening of music that Pommerer and the Narrator take in at the Hall of Young Talent like?
9. How do the DDR and the Western television reflect bias when it comes to news reporting?
10. Describe how the East and West Germans are different at the Schöneﬁeld Airport.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)