|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rarely meet outside the Narrator's building but can be distinguished by noise?
2. What does the Narrator travel into East Berlin on?
3. On the East German map, what is lacking in the West German side?
4. Who does the Narrator meet in East Berlin that is forbidden to publish?
5. What covers the land six miles out of Berlin that the Narrator notices before they see greenery?
(a) Volcanic ash.
(b) Lime dust.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have Pommerer's friends in the countryside settled into?
2. What kinds of escape methods from the Wall became popular in the early 1960s?
3. What is the enormous structure in the countryside that the Narrator notices standing out?
4. Who does the Narrator meet in Lena's family in East Berlin?
5. What did the Narrator and Pommerer argue about the Commission on Order and Security report?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Narrator notice about Soviet propaganda compared to that of the West while traveling with Pommerer?
2. How does the Narrator describe Kabe?
3. What is the difference in reporting between West and East German politicians on the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan on the evening news?
4. How does the Narrator view the East from the S-Bahn train station?
5. How does Schneider uses the analogy of lovers to explain the German lack of interest in reunification?
6. How is the difference in the importance of the Wall shown in Western and Eastern maps?
7. How did Lena's family treat her when she visited with the Narrator in East Berlin?
8. How does Kabe outwit both the East and West German governments?
9. How does the Narrator describe Gerhard Schlater?
10. What are the Narrator's neighbors in Berlin like?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)