|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Eastern boys jump the Wall?
(a) To go to school.
(b) To see a film.
(c) To get food.
(d) To meet some girls.
2. Who rarely meet outside the Narrator's building but can be distinguished by noise?
3. What is the remarkable difference between West and East-bound travelers at the Schonefield airport?
(a) Hairstyle and practice.
(b) Noise and serenity.
(c) Expression and clothing.
(d) Singing and dancing.
4. Where does the Narrator meet his friend from East Berlin to play pinball?
5. What is the enormous structure in the countryside that the Narrator notices standing out?
(a) A silo.
(b) A TV antenna.
(c) A statue.
(d) A dish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the banners that the Narrator sees in the countryside say about the Soviets?
2. Whose company does the Narrator enjoy until he dies at 70?
3. What is the name of the Eastern boy that Pommerer tells a story about jumping the Wall?
4. On his first visit to the wall, what does the Narrator watch?
5. Who do neighbors shun in favor of those who struggle against publishers and the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Robert and the Narrator differ in their view of news reports and their own role in it?
2. How does Kabe outwit both the East and West German governments?
3. Why does Pommerer believe his phone troubles are linked to a protest he did?
4. What is the similarity in the news reporting of the strike in Poland that both Pommerer and the Narrator observe?
5. Describe Berlin from the Narrator's point of view in the airplane.
6. How does the Narrator view the East from the S-Bahn train station?
7. What does the Narrator notice about Soviet propaganda compared to that of the West while traveling with Pommerer?
8. What amazes the Narrator about his cousin's behavior in Dresden?
9. What is the story that Pommerer tells the Narrator about the Willy boys and their friend Lutz concerning the Wall?
10. What is the Narrator's interaction with Frieda the second time in the apartment building?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)