|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the neighbors of Pommerer's friends in the countryside gather to discuss?
(a) Food and cooking.
(b) Politics and the environment.
(c) Guests and strangers.
(d) Art and literature.
2. When the Narrator arrives home at midnight, who is he surprised to see working at window level in his building?
3. On maps, what does the Narrator notice is missing in West Berlin?
4. Where does the Narrator meet his friend from East Berlin to play pinball?
5. What is the cordoned off section belonging to Hitler that people on both sides of the Wall stare at through binoculars?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Kabe jumped the Wall?
2. What is the name of the Eastern boys' friend that joins them in jumping the Wall?
3. Who considers themselves superior based on clothing, accessories and language?
4. What do BRD politicians emphasize regarding East and West Germany?
5. For how many Fridays do the Eastern boys jump the Wall before they are stopped by the West Berlin patrol?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lena's family treat her when she visited with the Narrator in East Berlin?
2. What does the woman with bulging eyeballs who visits Pommerer have to say about solidarity?
3. How does the Narrator describe Kabe?
4. How does Schneider uses the analogy of lovers to explain the German lack of interest in reunification?
5. How does the Narrator view the East from the S-Bahn train station?
6. What is the story that Pommerer tells the Narrator about the Willy boys and their friend Lutz concerning the Wall?
7. What do the artistic neighbors that the Narrator meets with Pommerer in the countryside say about the scientist and the state as compared to writers?
8. What are the Narrator's neighbors in Berlin like?
9. Describe how the East and West Germans are different at the Schöneﬁeld Airport.
10. What does the Wall symbolize to the West Germans?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)