|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Narrator's dream, what does he fall overboard from?
(a) A car.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) A boat.
(d) A plane.
2. What do both sides of the Wall want to call Kabe?
3. Who considers themselves superior based on clothing, accessories and language?
(b) West Germans.
(c) East Germans.
4. Whose company does the Narrator enjoy until he dies at 70?
(a) A singer.
(b) A writer.
(c) A dancer.
(d) A violinist.
5. Whose existence do BRD politicians deny?
(b) West German state.
(c) East German state.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Eastern boys jump the Wall?
2. On maps, what does the Narrator notice is missing in West Berlin?
3. What relations did Kabe strain through his act of jumping the Wall?
4. What camps are the Eastern boys sent to?
5. In what building does Lena find peace in that politics has not touched?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do neighbors in the German countryside gather to discuss that the Narrator observes?
2. How does politics affect the Soviet-American game?
3. Describe how the East and West Germans are different at the Schöneﬁeld Airport.
4. Who is Wolf Biermann, mentioned in Chapter 1, and how is he described?
5. What does the woman with bulging eyeballs who visits Pommerer have to say about solidarity?
6. How does the Narrator view the East from the S-Bahn train station?
7. What are Lena's relationships with men prior to meeting the Narrator?
8. Describe the Narrator's first encounter with Frieda in his apartment building.
9. Why does Pommerer believe his phone troubles are linked to a protest he did?
10. What are the Narrator's neighbors in Berlin like?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)