|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Narrator's dream, what does he fall overboard from?
(a) A boat.
(b) A plane.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) A car.
2. When the Narrator arrives home at midnight, who is he surprised to see working at window level in his building?
3. What do the banners that the Narrator sees in the countryside exhort people to do?
(a) Shoot together.
(b) Fight together.
(c) Pull apart.
(d) Pull together.
4. How many times has Kabe jumped the Wall?
5. Who do the artists in the countryside that the Narrator meets criticize that lost the privilege of going abroad?
(a) A teacher.
(b) An intellectual.
(c) A writer.
(d) A scientist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Eastern boys' friend that joins them in jumping the Wall?
2. How does Kabe fool his government?
3. What is the UN resolution on the evening news about that the Narrator watches on television?
4. What relations did Kabe strain through his act of jumping the Wall?
5. Who do neighbors shun in favor of those who struggle against publishers and the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Narrator describe Kabe?
2. What is the story that Pommerer tells the Narrator about the Willy boys and their friend Lutz concerning the Wall?
3. How do Pommerer and the Narrator differ on their views regarding East and West Germany and change?
4. What do neighbors in the German countryside gather to discuss that the Narrator observes?
5. What did the early 1960s see in Berlin in terms of escape methods in Berlin?
6. What does the woman with bulging eyeballs who visits Pommerer have to say about solidarity?
7. What does the Narrator notice about Soviet propaganda compared to that of the West while traveling with Pommerer?
8. How does Kabe outwit both the East and West German governments?
9. How does Schneider uses the analogy of lovers to explain the German lack of interest in reunification?
10. What is the evening of music that Pommerer and the Narrator take in at the Hall of Young Talent like?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)