|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Narrator's aunt?
2. Where does the Narrator's aunt live?
3. Who does the Narrator see in a long gown in his apartment building?
(a) A railroad official.
(b) A blonde diva.
(c) A news reporter.
(d) A weapons expert.
4. What position did Bolle have in the south that he tired of?
(a) A metal worker.
(b) A gunsmith.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A blacksmith.
5. What is the DDR leadership according to Pommerer?
6. Who seduces Lena but abandons her?
(a) A Soviet count.
(b) An Italian writer.
(c) A Red Army pilot.
(d) A Russian priest.
7. When Bolle offered his services to the US Army for counterintelligence, what happened?
(a) He became a spy.
(b) He was captured.
(c) He became a double agent.
(d) They turned him down.
8. What did the Narrator's uncle do for a living before he died?
(a) He was an artist.
(b) He was a preacher.
(c) He was a mining executive.
(d) He was a poet.
9. What does the stranger that buys Pommerer drinks want Pommerer to join?
(a) His train.
(b) His ship.
(c) His spy organization.
(d) His plant.
10. Where did Lena grow up?
11. What does Bolle erect to preach war against the Wall?
(a) A TV antenna.
(b) A substation.
(c) A radio transmitter.
(d) A satellite dish.
12. Where does Gartenschläger go with an assistant to gain access to the DDR border tools?
13. Where is Bolle stationed that he learns skills in sabotage?
(c) Dominican Republic.
14. What does Pommerer learn from the foreigners in 1945?
(a) "Ami, go home."
(b) "Go away!"
(c) "Peace please!"
(d) "Have you chewing gum?"
15. What does Gartenschläger sell his stolen item to a news magazine for?
(a) 15,000 DM.
(b) 14,000 DM.
(c) 18,000 DM.
(d) 12,000 DM.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gartenschläger have difficulty living?
2. Instead of raping, what do the foreigners that visit where the Narrator lives in 1945, do instead?
3. When Bolle jumps the wall, what does he tell the DDR guards that he wants?
4. Over what philosopher do Robert and the Narrator argue that brings them almost to blows?
5. To whom does Bolle intend to betray the DDR officials?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)