|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gartenschläger have difficulty living?
2. What does the stranger that buys Pommerer drinks want Pommerer to join?
(a) His spy organization.
(b) His ship.
(c) His train.
(d) His plant.
3. What is Gartenschläger arrested for stealing?
(a) A diamond.
(b) A robot.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A gun.
4. What does Bolle erect to preach war against the Wall?
(a) A satellite dish.
(b) A radio transmitter.
(c) A TV antenna.
(d) A substation.
5. How do the Western and Stasi superiors differ according to Bolle?
(a) Their stations and power.
(b) Their decor and makeup.
(c) Their guns and bullets.
(d) Their dental work and wristwatches.
6. When is the best time to cross the border at Heinrich Heine Strasse?
(a) 2 to 4.
(b) 10 to 12.
(c) 12 to 2.
(d) 3 to 5.
7. Who is the only traveler at the checkpoint that the Narrator sees by the border at Heinrich Heine Strasse?
(a) A drunkard.
(b) A priest.
(c) A man with a dog.
(d) A woman with a chicken.
8. After gaining skills in sabotage, what does Bolle do?
(a) Desert his group.
(b) Build his own army.
(c) Give up.
(d) Fight his group.
9. Where does Bolle erect his device to preach war against the Wall?
(a) His Roman villa.
(b) His suburban paradise.
(c) His Kreuzberg garret.
(d) His underground station.
10. How long of a prison sentence does Bolle receive from a West Berlin court?
(a) 10 month.
(b) 12 month.
(c) 5 month.
(d) 8 month.
11. Where did Lena grow up?
12. What did Pommerer's father leave for him for protection?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A servant.
(c) A knife.
(d) A tank.
13. Where are strikes occurring that the Narrator watches on television with Pommerer?
14. Who helped Pommerer survive the war?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Americans.
15. After hearing Bolle's tale, whose story does Pommerer share with the Narrator in the bar?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Narrator see in a long gown in his apartment building?
2. What does Bolle push to radicalize that protests the Wall?
3. In 1945, where is the Narrator?
4. Where is Gartenschläger killed?
5. To whom does Bolle return after double crossing both the BRD and DDR?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)