|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the DDR leadership according to Pommerer?
2. What is an indulgent pleasure that the Narrator likes to do in West Berlin?
(a) Eat hamburgers.
(b) Have chocolate.
(c) Drink beer.
(d) Drive fast.
3. What does the Narrator bring into East Berlin that he is allowed to carry?
(a) His dog.
(b) His stories.
(c) His phone.
(d) His cat.
4. Who did Pommerer's family fear would rape them?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The Americans.
5. What does Pommerer learn from the foreigners in 1945?
(a) "Ami, go home."
(b) "Have you chewing gum?"
(c) "Go away!"
(d) "Peace please!"
6. After gaining skills in sabotage, what does Bolle do?
(a) Desert his group.
(b) Build his own army.
(c) Fight his group.
(d) Give up.
7. What does the DDR employ along the border that Gartenschläger wants to have?
(a) Guard bullets.
(b) Invisible mines.
(c) Invisible fence.
(d) Self-triggering robots.
8. Where does Gartenschläger go with an assistant to gain access to the DDR border tools?
9. What is being torn down in the Narrator's neighborhood via urban renovation?
10. Where does Pommerer live in 1945?
(a) A bunker.
(b) A mansion.
(c) A Russian hideout.
(d) A Victorian b&b.
11. For how much money was Gartenschläger ransomed by the BRD?
12. When Bolle jumps the wall, what does he tell the DDR guards that he wants?
(a) To learn secrets.
(b) To return home.
(c) To fight with them.
(d) To give in.
13. What is Robert's defense against worry?
(a) Have a routine.
(b) Fight your opponent.
(c) Pretend it did not happen.
(d) Show no surprise.
14. Who is the stranger that comes to talk to Pommerer in the bar and buys a round of drinks?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A BRD official.
(c) A DDR spy.
(d) A shipping clerk.
15. Who single-handedly fought against the DDR according to Robert?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Narrator's aunt live?
2. What does Bolle join when he cannot find anywhere to serve after leaving the south?
3. When is the best time to cross the border at Heinrich Heine Strasse?
4. What does the stranger that buys Pommerer drinks want Pommerer to join?
5. Who helped Pommerer survive the war?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)