|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the co-worker that was found to have Western currency in his apartment and later is declared to be insane?
2. What does Bolle erect to preach war against the Wall?
(a) A substation.
(b) A satellite dish.
(c) A radio transmitter.
(d) A TV antenna.
3. What does Pommerer believe that East Germans have more of than West Germans?
4. Where is Gartenschläger killed?
5. What does Pommerer fear that his phone troubles are linked to?
(a) His participation in a protest.
(b) His fear of death.
(c) His exile from work.
(d) His support of a scientist.
6. What must Bolle learn in the West to earn the right he forfeited earlier?
(b) How to gather data.
(c) How to arrest criminals.
(d) How to fight superiors.
7. What does Robert enjoy viewing different models of that the Narrator accompanies to see?
(d) Machine guns.
8. What does the stranger that buys Pommerer drinks want Pommerer to join?
(a) His plant.
(b) His spy organization.
(c) His train.
(d) His ship.
9. After hearing Bolle's tale, whose story does Pommerer share with the Narrator in the bar?
10. Where are strikes occurring that the Narrator watches on television with Pommerer?
11. Who is the only traveler at the checkpoint that the Narrator sees by the border at Heinrich Heine Strasse?
(a) A woman with a chicken.
(b) A priest.
(c) A drunkard.
(d) A man with a dog.
12. What did Pommerer's father leave for him for protection?
(a) A knife.
(b) A servant.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A tank.
13. When Bolle jumps the wall, what does he tell the DDR guards that he wants?
(a) To fight with them.
(b) To give in.
(c) To return home.
(d) To learn secrets.
14. What does the Narrator bring into East Berlin that he is allowed to carry?
(a) His stories.
(b) His phone.
(c) His cat.
(d) His dog.
15. What is an indulgent pleasure that the Narrator likes to do in West Berlin?
(a) Eat hamburgers.
(b) Have chocolate.
(c) Drink beer.
(d) Drive fast.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the best time to cross the border at Heinrich Heine Strasse?
2. What does a West Berlin court declare Bolle to be?
3. What does Robert think is a fairy tale for those who choose to not know better?
4. What does Gartenschläger sell his stolen item to a news magazine for?
5. What is being torn down in the Narrator's neighborhood via urban renovation?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)