|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has taken too long to finish according to Pommerer in East Berlin that makes him angry?
2. What does a West Berlin court declare Bolle to be?
(a) A lost, confused soul.
(b) A convicted felon.
(c) A mass murderer.
(d) A parapalegic.
3. How long of a prison sentence does Bolle receive from a West Berlin court?
(a) 10 month.
(b) 5 month.
(c) 8 month.
(d) 12 month.
4. At what age was Gartenschläger arrested for treason?
5. When Bolle is allowed to travel back and forth through Germany and is not arrested for his espionage, what does he become?
(a) An officer.
(b) A preacher.
(c) A cop.
(d) A double agent.
6. What does Bolle erect to preach war against the Wall?
(a) A radio transmitter.
(b) A TV antenna.
(c) A satellite dish.
(d) A substation.
7. What is Robert's defense against worry?
(a) Fight your opponent.
(b) Have a routine.
(c) Pretend it did not happen.
(d) Show no surprise.
8. Who arrives to distribute food and supplies in 1945 where the Narrator resides?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The Russians.
9. What do the masked people use to break the glass of storefronts near the Kurfürstendamm?
10. Why did Bolle spend 7 years in prison?
(a) For lying to the police.
(b) For stealing tires.
(c) For breaking the DDR border restriction rule.
(d) For being a metal worker.
11. In West Germany, what does Bolle find that no one is willing to join him in doing?
(a) To escape the Wall.
(b) To climb the Wall.
(c) To destroy the Wall.
(d) To fortify the Wall.
12. Where does Pommerer live in 1945?
(a) A bunker.
(b) A Victorian b&b.
(c) A mansion.
(d) A Russian hideout.
13. What does Pommerer believe that East Germans have more of than West Germans?
14. Why do the Narrator and Robert have to leave the cafe near the Kurfürstendamm?
(a) Paranoia is building up.
(b) Alarms are going off.
(c) Demonstrations are beginning.
(d) Violence is breaking out.
15. To whom does Bolle return after double crossing both the BRD and DDR?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The Soviets.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bolle stationed that he learns skills in sabotage?
2. What must Bolle learn in the West to earn the right he forfeited earlier?
3. Who did Pommerer's family fear would rape them?
4. Who is the co-worker that was found to have Western currency in his apartment and later is declared to be insane?
5. What does the DDR employ along the border that Gartenschläger wants to have?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)