|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Via what method does Bolle infiltrate the BRD?
(a) BRD agency.
(b) Kreuzberg garret.
(c) Ho Chi Minh Trail.
(d) Stasi plan.
2. What does Robert think is a fairy tale for those who choose to not know better?
(a) Free choice.
3. Why do the Narrator and Robert have to leave the cafe near the Kurfürstendamm?
(a) Violence is breaking out.
(b) Alarms are going off.
(c) Demonstrations are beginning.
(d) Paranoia is building up.
4. Who seduces Lena but abandons her?
(a) A Red Army pilot.
(b) A Russian priest.
(c) An Italian writer.
(d) A Soviet count.
5. Where did Lena grow up?
6. Who did Pommerer's family fear would rape them?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The Germans.
7. When Bolle offered his services to the US Army for counterintelligence, what happened?
(a) He became a double agent.
(b) He was captured.
(c) They turned him down.
(d) He became a spy.
8. When Biermann is exiled, what do his supporters in East Berlin fear?
(a) A lack of spontaneity.
(b) A ritual of control.
(c) A change in power.
(d) A ransom.
9. In West Germany, what does Bolle find that no one is willing to join him in doing?
(a) To climb the Wall.
(b) To fortify the Wall.
(c) To destroy the Wall.
(d) To escape the Wall.
10. Where does the Narrator's aunt live?
11. What does the DDR employ along the border that Gartenschläger wants to have?
(a) Invisible fence.
(b) Invisible mines.
(c) Guard bullets.
(d) Self-triggering robots.
12. What does Robert enjoy viewing different models of that the Narrator accompanies to see?
(b) Machine guns.
13. Who is the stranger that comes to talk to Pommerer in the bar and buys a round of drinks?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A DDR spy.
(c) A BRD official.
(d) A shipping clerk.
14. To whom does Bolle intend to betray the DDR officials?
(a) US authorities.
(b) Greek police.
(c) Soviet KGB.
(d) Italian mafia.
15. What does Bolle push to radicalize that protests the Wall?
(a) A West Berlin court.
(b) A Kreuzberg gathering.
(c) An ad hoc committee.
(d) A Stasi official meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age was Gartenschläger arrested for treason?
2. After gaining skills in sabotage, what does Bolle do?
3. Where is Gartenschläger killed?
4. What is Robert's defense against worry?
5. In Pommerer's favorite bar, what does the Narrator complain about?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)