|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gartenschläger climbs up and removes a comrade along the border, what does he luckily avoid sniping?
(a) A fence.
(b) A dog.
(c) A guard.
(d) A wire.
2. Where does Gartenschläger go with an assistant to gain access to the DDR border tools?
3. What does the Narrator bring into East Berlin that he is allowed to carry?
(a) His stories.
(b) His phone.
(c) His cat.
(d) His dog.
4. Who hires Bolle as a full-time agent after he presents photographs and data from the BRD?
5. What does Pommerer learn from the foreigners in 1945?
(a) "Peace please!"
(b) "Go away!"
(c) "Have you chewing gum?"
(d) "Ami, go home."
6. Who does the Narrator see in a long gown in his apartment building?
(a) A railroad official.
(b) A news reporter.
(c) A blonde diva.
(d) A weapons expert.
7. Where does Bolle erect his device to preach war against the Wall?
(a) His Kreuzberg garret.
(b) His underground station.
(c) His Roman villa.
(d) His suburban paradise.
8. What does Robert think is a fairy tale for those who choose to not know better?
(d) Free choice.
9. Who is Esther deciding between to have sex with that she tells the Narrator about?
(a) Loch and Walter.
(b) Bolle and Robert.
(c) Marlow and Bill.
(d) Robert and Frieda.
10. What does Gartenschläger sell his stolen item to a news magazine for?
(a) 15,000 DM.
(b) 12,000 DM.
(c) 14,000 DM.
(d) 18,000 DM.
11. What do the masked people use to break the glass of storefronts near the Kurfürstendamm?
12. Who helped Pommerer survive the war?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Italians.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Russians.
13. Where is Bolle stationed that he learns skills in sabotage?
(d) Dominican Republic.
14. What is everything in the DDR about?
15. What is an indulgent pleasure that the Narrator likes to do in West Berlin?
(a) Drink beer.
(b) Have chocolate.
(c) Drive fast.
(d) Eat hamburgers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has taken too long to finish according to Pommerer in East Berlin that makes him angry?
2. Why do the Narrator and Robert have to leave the cafe near the Kurfürstendamm?
3. In 1945, where is the Narrator?
4. Why did Bolle spend 7 years in prison?
5. Who is the only traveler at the checkpoint that the Narrator sees by the border at Heinrich Heine Strasse?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)