|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long of a prison sentence does Bolle receive from a West Berlin court?
(a) 12 month.
(b) 8 month.
(c) 5 month.
(d) 10 month.
2. What did the Narrator's uncle do for a living before he died?
(a) He was a mining executive.
(b) He was a poet.
(c) He was a preacher.
(d) He was an artist.
3. What does Bolle join when he cannot find anywhere to serve after leaving the south?
(b) West German Defense.
(d) French Foreign Legion.
4. What does a West Berlin court declare Bolle to be?
(a) A mass murderer.
(b) A parapalegic.
(c) A lost, confused soul.
(d) A convicted felon.
5. How much was Bolle ransomed for by the BRD?
(a) 50,000 DM.
(b) 150,000 DM.
(c) 20,000 DM.
(d) 100,000 DM.
6. Who seduces Lena but abandons her?
(a) A Russian priest.
(b) A Red Army pilot.
(c) An Italian writer.
(d) A Soviet count.
7. To whom does Bolle intend to betray the DDR officials?
(a) US authorities.
(b) Soviet KGB.
(c) Italian mafia.
(d) Greek police.
8. Who arrives to distribute food and supplies in 1945 where the Narrator resides?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The Italians.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Americans.
9. What does the Narrator bring into East Berlin that he is allowed to carry?
(a) His dog.
(b) His phone.
(c) His cat.
(d) His stories.
10. Who is Esther deciding between to have sex with that she tells the Narrator about?
(a) Marlow and Bill.
(b) Robert and Frieda.
(c) Loch and Walter.
(d) Bolle and Robert.
11. Where does Gartenschläger go with an assistant to gain access to the DDR border tools?
12. Who does the Narrator see in a long gown in his apartment building?
(a) A news reporter.
(b) A railroad official.
(c) A weapons expert.
(d) A blonde diva.
13. At what age was Gartenschläger arrested for treason?
14. Over what philosopher do Robert and the Narrator argue that brings them almost to blows?
15. What is Robert's defense against worry?
(a) Fight your opponent.
(b) Pretend it did not happen.
(c) Show no surprise.
(d) Have a routine.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gartenschläger climbs up and removes a comrade along the border, what does he luckily avoid sniping?
2. What did Pommerer's father leave for him for protection?
3. Who did Pommerer's family fear would rape them?
4. After hearing Bolle's tale, whose story does Pommerer share with the Narrator in the bar?
5. What must Bolle learn in the West to earn the right he forfeited earlier?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)