|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Bolle intend to betray the DDR officials?
(a) Greek police.
(b) Soviet KGB.
(c) US authorities.
(d) Italian mafia.
2. What does the Narrator bring into East Berlin that he is allowed to carry?
(a) His cat.
(b) His stories.
(c) His dog.
(d) His phone.
3. What has taken too long to finish according to Pommerer in East Berlin that makes him angry?
4. What does Pommerer learn from the foreigners in 1945?
(a) "Ami, go home."
(b) "Peace please!"
(c) "Have you chewing gum?"
(d) "Go away!"
5. Instead of raping, what do the foreigners that visit where the Narrator lives in 1945, do instead?
(a) Buy homes.
(b) Have love affairs.
(c) Burn effigies.
(d) Fight indiscriminately.
6. What does Bolle push to radicalize that protests the Wall?
(a) A Stasi official meeting.
(b) An ad hoc committee.
(c) A Kreuzberg gathering.
(d) A West Berlin court.
7. When was Bolle ransomed by the BRD?
8. What does Robert think is a fairy tale for those who choose to not know better?
(b) Free choice.
9. When Bolle jumps the wall, what does he tell the DDR guards that he wants?
(a) To learn secrets.
(b) To give in.
(c) To fight with them.
(d) To return home.
10. What does Pommerer fear that his phone troubles are linked to?
(a) His exile from work.
(b) His participation in a protest.
(c) His fear of death.
(d) His support of a scientist.
11. Where does Gartenschläger have difficulty living?
12. How much was Bolle ransomed for by the BRD?
(a) 150,000 DM.
(b) 100,000 DM.
(c) 20,000 DM.
(d) 50,000 DM.
13. Why did Bolle spend 7 years in prison?
(a) For lying to the police.
(b) For being a metal worker.
(c) For stealing tires.
(d) For breaking the DDR border restriction rule.
14. What do the masked people use to break the glass of storefronts near the Kurfürstendamm?
15. What position did Bolle have in the south that he tired of?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A metal worker.
(c) A gunsmith.
(d) A blacksmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pommerer believe that East Germans have more of than West Germans?
2. In West Germany, what does Bolle find that no one is willing to join him in doing?
3. To whom does Bolle return after double crossing both the BRD and DDR?
4. When is the best time to cross the border at Heinrich Heine Strasse?
5. When Bolle is allowed to travel back and forth through Germany and is not arrested for his espionage, what does he become?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)