|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pommerer's father leave for him for protection?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A servant.
(c) A tank.
(d) A knife.
2. Who is the stranger that comes to talk to Pommerer in the bar and buys a round of drinks?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A DDR spy.
(c) A shipping clerk.
(d) A BRD official.
3. When Bolle offered his services to the US Army for counterintelligence, what happened?
(a) He was captured.
(b) He became a double agent.
(c) They turned him down.
(d) He became a spy.
4. What does Bolle join when he cannot find anywhere to serve after leaving the south?
(a) West German Defense.
(b) French Foreign Legion.
5. What does Pommerer fear that his phone troubles are linked to?
(a) His fear of death.
(b) His exile from work.
(c) His participation in a protest.
(d) His support of a scientist.
6. In 1945, where is the Narrator?
7. What does Pommerer believe that East Germans have more of than West Germans?
8. Who arrives to distribute food and supplies in 1945 where the Narrator resides?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The Russians.
9. In West Germany, what does Bolle find that no one is willing to join him in doing?
(a) To escape the Wall.
(b) To climb the Wall.
(c) To destroy the Wall.
(d) To fortify the Wall.
10. What does the DDR employ along the border that Gartenschläger wants to have?
(a) Invisible fence.
(b) Guard bullets.
(c) Self-triggering robots.
(d) Invisible mines.
11. What is being torn down in the Narrator's neighborhood via urban renovation?
12. What has taken too long to finish according to Pommerer in East Berlin that makes him angry?
13. What does Bolle erect to preach war against the Wall?
(a) A substation.
(b) A radio transmitter.
(c) A TV antenna.
(d) A satellite dish.
14. When Bolle is allowed to travel back and forth through Germany and is not arrested for his espionage, what does he become?
(a) A preacher.
(b) A double agent.
(c) An officer.
(d) A cop.
15. To whom does Bolle intend to betray the DDR officials?
(a) Soviet KGB.
(b) Italian mafia.
(c) Greek police.
(d) US authorities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Bolle learn in the West to earn the right he forfeited earlier?
2. Where are strikes occurring that the Narrator watches on television with Pommerer?
3. When Bolle jumps the wall, what does he tell the DDR guards that he wants?
4. When Biermann is exiled, what do his supporters in East Berlin fear?
5. Where does Gartenschläger have difficulty living?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)