|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1945, where is the Narrator?
2. When Biermann is exiled, what do his supporters in East Berlin fear?
(a) A change in power.
(b) A lack of spontaneity.
(c) A ransom.
(d) A ritual of control.
3. Why do the Narrator and Robert have to leave the cafe near the Kurfürstendamm?
(a) Paranoia is building up.
(b) Alarms are going off.
(c) Violence is breaking out.
(d) Demonstrations are beginning.
4. What does Gartenschläger sell his stolen item to a news magazine for?
(a) 15,000 DM.
(b) 12,000 DM.
(c) 18,000 DM.
(d) 14,000 DM.
5. Who arrives to distribute food and supplies in 1945 where the Narrator resides?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Italians.
6. When Gartenschläger climbs up and removes a comrade along the border, what does he luckily avoid sniping?
(a) A dog.
(b) A wire.
(c) A guard.
(d) A fence.
7. Over what philosopher do Robert and the Narrator argue that brings them almost to blows?
8. What does Bolle push to radicalize that protests the Wall?
(a) A Stasi official meeting.
(b) A Kreuzberg gathering.
(c) An ad hoc committee.
(d) A West Berlin court.
9. What position did Bolle have in the south that he tired of?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A gunsmith.
(c) A metal worker.
(d) A blacksmith.
10. What does Bolle erect to preach war against the Wall?
(a) A TV antenna.
(b) A satellite dish.
(c) A substation.
(d) A radio transmitter.
11. What did Pommerer's father leave for him for protection?
(a) A tank.
(b) A knife.
(c) A servant.
(d) A pistol.
12. Who is the stranger that comes to talk to Pommerer in the bar and buys a round of drinks?
(a) A shipping clerk.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A DDR spy.
(d) A BRD official.
13. Who is the Narrator's aunt?
14. Via what method does Bolle infiltrate the BRD?
(a) Kreuzberg garret.
(b) Ho Chi Minh Trail.
(c) BRD agency.
(d) Stasi plan.
15. What is an indulgent pleasure that the Narrator likes to do in West Berlin?
(a) Drink beer.
(b) Drive fast.
(c) Have chocolate.
(d) Eat hamburgers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bolle offered his services to the US Army for counterintelligence, what happened?
2. When Bolle jumps the wall, what does he tell the DDR guards that he wants?
3. What is Gartenschläger arrested for stealing?
4. What is the DDR leadership according to Pommerer?
5. Where does Pommerer live in 1945?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)