|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Bolle learn in the West to earn the right he forfeited earlier?
(a) How to fight superiors.
(c) How to gather data.
(d) How to arrest criminals.
2. When Bolle jumps the wall, what does he tell the DDR guards that he wants?
(a) To give in.
(b) To learn secrets.
(c) To fight with them.
(d) To return home.
3. What is Robert's defense against worry?
(a) Pretend it did not happen.
(b) Have a routine.
(c) Show no surprise.
(d) Fight your opponent.
4. Who helped Pommerer survive the war?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The Italians.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Germans.
5. Where is Gartenschläger killed?
6. When Bolle is allowed to travel back and forth through Germany and is not arrested for his espionage, what does he become?
(a) A double agent.
(b) A preacher.
(c) An officer.
(d) A cop.
7. What does Robert enjoy viewing different models of that the Narrator accompanies to see?
(b) Machine guns.
8. Who did Pommerer's family fear would rape them?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Russians.
9. Where is Bolle stationed that he learns skills in sabotage?
(b) Dominican Republic.
10. Who single-handedly fought against the DDR according to Robert?
11. Who does the Narrator see in a long gown in his apartment building?
(a) A blonde diva.
(b) A news reporter.
(c) A railroad official.
(d) A weapons expert.
12. What does Bolle push to radicalize that protests the Wall?
(a) A West Berlin court.
(b) A Stasi official meeting.
(c) An ad hoc committee.
(d) A Kreuzberg gathering.
13. When Bolle offered his services to the US Army for counterintelligence, what happened?
(a) He became a spy.
(b) He became a double agent.
(c) He was captured.
(d) They turned him down.
14. Who seduces Lena but abandons her?
(a) A Russian priest.
(b) A Soviet count.
(c) An Italian writer.
(d) A Red Army pilot.
15. Who is the Narrator's aunt?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has taken too long to finish according to Pommerer in East Berlin that makes him angry?
2. What does Pommerer believe that East Germans have more of than West Germans?
3. Where does Pommerer live in 1945?
4. After gaining skills in sabotage, what does Bolle do?
5. When Biermann is exiled, what do his supporters in East Berlin fear?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)