|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Bolle have in the south that he tired of?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A metal worker.
(d) A gunsmith.
2. When was Bolle ransomed by the BRD?
3. What is the DDR leadership according to Pommerer?
4. Who did Pommerer's family fear would rape them?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Italians.
5. When Bolle offered his services to the US Army for counterintelligence, what happened?
(a) He became a spy.
(b) They turned him down.
(c) He was captured.
(d) He became a double agent.
6. What has taken too long to finish according to Pommerer in East Berlin that makes him angry?
7. What does the Narrator bring into East Berlin that he is allowed to carry?
(a) His cat.
(b) His phone.
(c) His dog.
(d) His stories.
8. Where does Gartenschläger go with an assistant to gain access to the DDR border tools?
9. Over what philosopher do Robert and the Narrator argue that brings them almost to blows?
10. Why did Bolle spend 7 years in prison?
(a) For breaking the DDR border restriction rule.
(b) For stealing tires.
(c) For lying to the police.
(d) For being a metal worker.
11. When Bolle jumps the wall, what does he tell the DDR guards that he wants?
(a) To learn secrets.
(b) To return home.
(c) To fight with them.
(d) To give in.
12. In 1945, where is the Narrator?
13. For how much money was Gartenschläger ransomed by the BRD?
14. What does Pommerer fear that his phone troubles are linked to?
(a) His participation in a protest.
(b) His support of a scientist.
(c) His fear of death.
(d) His exile from work.
15. When Gartenschläger climbs up and removes a comrade along the border, what does he luckily avoid sniping?
(a) A fence.
(b) A wire.
(c) A dog.
(d) A guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an indulgent pleasure that the Narrator likes to do in West Berlin?
2. To whom does Bolle return after double crossing both the BRD and DDR?
3. Where does Pommerer live in 1945?
4. Instead of raping, what do the foreigners that visit where the Narrator lives in 1945, do instead?
5. How do the Western and Stasi superiors differ according to Bolle?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)