|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Bolle intend to betray the DDR officials?
(a) US authorities.
(b) Greek police.
(c) Italian mafia.
(d) Soviet KGB.
2. In 1945, where is the Narrator?
3. What position did Bolle have in the south that he tired of?
(a) A metal worker.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A gunsmith.
4. Who is the only traveler at the checkpoint that the Narrator sees by the border at Heinrich Heine Strasse?
(a) A drunkard.
(b) A man with a dog.
(c) A woman with a chicken.
(d) A priest.
5. When Bolle is allowed to travel back and forth through Germany and is not arrested for his espionage, what does he become?
(a) An officer.
(b) A preacher.
(c) A cop.
(d) A double agent.
6. What do the masked people use to break the glass of storefronts near the Kurfürstendamm?
7. How long of a prison sentence does Bolle receive from a West Berlin court?
(a) 12 month.
(b) 5 month.
(c) 10 month.
(d) 8 month.
8. What does Robert find always falls outside of himself when he considers events and motives?
(d) Free choice.
9. What does the Narrator bring into East Berlin that he is allowed to carry?
(a) His phone.
(b) His dog.
(c) His cat.
(d) His stories.
10. Over what philosopher do Robert and the Narrator argue that brings them almost to blows?
11. To whom does Bolle return after double crossing both the BRD and DDR?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Italians.
(c) The Soviets.
(d) The Americans.
12. Who is the Narrator's aunt?
13. When was Bolle ransomed by the BRD?
14. In West Germany, what does Bolle find that no one is willing to join him in doing?
(a) To destroy the Wall.
(b) To climb the Wall.
(c) To fortify the Wall.
(d) To escape the Wall.
15. At what age was Gartenschläger arrested for treason?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pommerer learn from the foreigners in 1945?
2. Via what method does Bolle infiltrate the BRD?
3. When Gartenschläger climbs up and removes a comrade along the border, what does he luckily avoid sniping?
4. Who is Esther deciding between to have sex with that she tells the Narrator about?
5. Who is the co-worker that was found to have Western currency in his apartment and later is declared to be insane?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)