|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Narrator see in a long gown in his apartment building?
(a) A railroad official.
(b) A blonde diva.
(c) A weapons expert.
(d) A news reporter.
2. Why do the Narrator and Robert have to leave the cafe near the Kurfürstendamm?
(a) Violence is breaking out.
(b) Alarms are going off.
(c) Paranoia is building up.
(d) Demonstrations are beginning.
3. Why did Bolle spend 7 years in prison?
(a) For lying to the police.
(b) For stealing tires.
(c) For breaking the DDR border restriction rule.
(d) For being a metal worker.
4. Where does the Narrator's aunt live?
5. When Biermann is exiled, what do his supporters in East Berlin fear?
(a) A ransom.
(b) A lack of spontaneity.
(c) A ritual of control.
(d) A change in power.
6. What does Bolle join when he cannot find anywhere to serve after leaving the south?
(a) French Foreign Legion.
(b) West German Defense.
7. Who is the Narrator's aunt?
8. When Gartenschläger climbs up and removes a comrade along the border, what does he luckily avoid sniping?
(a) A guard.
(b) A dog.
(c) A wire.
(d) A fence.
9. To whom does Bolle return after double crossing both the BRD and DDR?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The Soviets.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Americans.
10. When Bolle offered his services to the US Army for counterintelligence, what happened?
(a) They turned him down.
(b) He became a double agent.
(c) He was captured.
(d) He became a spy.
11. What do the masked people use to break the glass of storefronts near the Kurfürstendamm?
12. Who helped Pommerer survive the war?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Russians.
13. How much was Bolle ransomed for by the BRD?
(a) 100,000 DM.
(b) 20,000 DM.
(c) 150,000 DM.
(d) 50,000 DM.
14. Who is the only traveler at the checkpoint that the Narrator sees by the border at Heinrich Heine Strasse?
(a) A man with a dog.
(b) A drunkard.
(c) A priest.
(d) A woman with a chicken.
15. Who is the co-worker that was found to have Western currency in his apartment and later is declared to be insane?
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Bolle learn in the West to earn the right he forfeited earlier?
2. What did Pommerer's father leave for him for protection?
3. Who did Pommerer's family fear would rape them?
4. Who is the stranger that comes to talk to Pommerer in the bar and buys a round of drinks?
5. Who arrives to distribute food and supplies in 1945 where the Narrator resides?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)