|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After gaining skills in sabotage, what does Bolle do?
(a) Desert his group.
(b) Fight his group.
(c) Give up.
(d) Build his own army.
2. What do the masked people use to break the glass of storefronts near the Kurfürstendamm?
3. What does Robert find always falls outside of himself when he considers events and motives?
(a) Free choice.
4. What does Bolle join when he cannot find anywhere to serve after leaving the south?
(a) French Foreign Legion.
(b) West German Defense.
5. Where are strikes occurring that the Narrator watches on television with Pommerer?
6. What does Bolle erect to preach war against the Wall?
(a) A TV antenna.
(b) A radio transmitter.
(c) A satellite dish.
(d) A substation.
7. Where is Bolle stationed that he learns skills in sabotage?
(c) Dominican Republic.
8. Where did Lena grow up?
9. What is an indulgent pleasure that the Narrator likes to do in West Berlin?
(a) Eat hamburgers.
(b) Have chocolate.
(c) Drive fast.
(d) Drink beer.
10. How do the Western and Stasi superiors differ according to Bolle?
(a) Their dental work and wristwatches.
(b) Their stations and power.
(c) Their decor and makeup.
(d) Their guns and bullets.
11. Why did Bolle spend 7 years in prison?
(a) For lying to the police.
(b) For breaking the DDR border restriction rule.
(c) For stealing tires.
(d) For being a metal worker.
12. Where does Gartenschläger go with an assistant to gain access to the DDR border tools?
13. What does Robert enjoy viewing different models of that the Narrator accompanies to see?
(b) Machine guns.
14. Where does the Narrator's aunt live?
15. Who did Pommerer's family fear would rape them?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The Russians.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age was Gartenschläger arrested for treason?
2. Over what philosopher do Robert and the Narrator argue that brings them almost to blows?
3. To whom does Bolle return after double crossing both the BRD and DDR?
4. What is everything in the DDR about?
5. When Biermann is exiled, what do his supporters in East Berlin fear?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)