|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of escape methods from the Wall became popular in the early 1960s?
(a) Tightrope walking.
(c) Drugging guards.
2. What causes the arrest of the Eastern boys?
(a) The Western coverage of the story.
(b) The Eastern coverage of the story.
(c) The American coverage of the story.
(d) The Russian coverage of the story.
3. Who does the Narrator meet in Lena's family in East Berlin?
(a) Her father and brother.
(b) Her mother and brother.
(c) Her mother and sister.
(d) Her father and sister.
4. What is the cordoned off section belonging to Hitler that people on both sides of the Wall stare at through binoculars?
5. What did Kabe claim was too quiet not to jump?
(a) His friend's death.
(b) His life.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His neighborhood.
6. Who fail to curse the uncomfortable shuttle bus after landing at the Schonefield airport?
7. What area does not have land mines according to Pommerer?
(a) K2 mountain top.
(b) Center City.
(c) Russian underground.
(d) Soviet Union.
8. What do both sides of the Wall want to call Kabe?
9. What does the Narrator consider easier to understand than Berlin?
(d) New York.
10. In the Narrator's dream, what does he fall overboard from?
(a) A helicopter.
(b) A plane.
(c) A car.
(d) A boat.
11. Where was Kabe sent because he jumped the Wall?
(a) Constitutional bunker.
(b) Psychiatric evaluation.
(c) Polar extremes.
(d) Underground cellar.
12. What does the woman with bulging eyeballs that meets with Pommerer support?
13. Who clings together in a new life in the West?
(a) Southern Germans.
(b) West Germans.
(c) East Germans.
(d) Northern Germans.
14. Who do the artists in the countryside that the Narrator meets criticize that lost the privilege of going abroad?
(a) A scientist.
(b) An intellectual.
(c) A writer.
(d) A teacher.
15. What does the Narrator notice has been removed from all the vehicles in the West?
(a) FD insignia.
(b) AC insignia.
(c) LB insignia.
(d) VW insignia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the building in which the Narrator lives?
2. What do Western publicity folk strive to avoid according to the Narrator?
3. On the East German map, what is lacking in the West German side?
4. Why do the Eastern boys jump the Wall?
5. Who does the Narrator meet in East Berlin that is forbidden to publish?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)