|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolf Biermann do for a living?
2. Whose government does the Narrator find more intrusive on citizen privacy?
3. Who does the Narrator meet in Lena's family in East Berlin?
(a) Her father and brother.
(b) Her father and sister.
(c) Her mother and brother.
(d) Her mother and sister.
4. What is the name of the Eastern boys' friend that joins them in jumping the Wall?
5. What did Kabe claim was too quiet not to jump?
(a) His friend's death.
(b) His life.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His neighborhood.
6. On his first visit to the wall, what does the Narrator watch?
(a) Singing wrestlers.
(b) Fighting monkeys.
(c) Bus loads of visitors.
(d) Dancing troupes.
7. What did the Narrator and Pommerer argue about the Commission on Order and Security report?
(a) Whether it mandated suspicious activity.
(b) Whether it was the same as that under Nazism.
(c) Whether it was sympathetic to their cause.
(d) Whether it symbolized the power of their government.
8. Who among the jumpers goes West to become a lumberjack?
9. What does the Narrator notice has been removed from all the vehicles in the West?
(a) FD insignia.
(b) AC insignia.
(c) LB insignia.
(d) VW insignia.
10. Instead of outsmarting the State, what did Biermann do that evoked criticism from his peers?
(a) Respect it.
(b) Hide from it.
(c) Challenge it.
(d) Accept it.
11. What do the travelers heading west look upon the other travelers as?
(d) Zoo animals.
12. What is the name of the Eastern boy that Pommerer tells a story about jumping the Wall?
13. Who does the Narrator meet in East Berlin that is forbidden to publish?
14. What do the banners that the Narrator sees in the countryside say about the Soviets?
(a) Love them.
(b) Hate them.
(c) Fight them.
(d) Ignore them.
15. Who do neighbors shun in favor of those who struggle against publishers and the party?
(a) Successful scientists.
(b) Successful poets.
(c) Successful designers.
(d) Successful writers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What area does not have land mines according to Pommerer?
2. In what building does Lena find peace in that politics has not touched?
3. Who fail to curse the uncomfortable shuttle bus after landing at the Schonefield airport?
4. What do Eastern and Western broadcasts emphasize?
5. From what direction does Kabe jump the Wall?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)