|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the banners that the Narrator sees in the countryside say about the Soviets?
(a) Fight them.
(b) Ignore them.
(c) Love them.
(d) Hate them.
2. What do the travelers heading west look upon the other travelers as?
(b) Zoo animals.
3. What relations did Kabe strain through his act of jumping the Wall?
4. What covers the land six miles out of Berlin that the Narrator notices before they see greenery?
(a) Volcanic ash.
(c) Lime dust.
5. Where was Kabe sent because he jumped the Wall?
(a) Underground cellar.
(b) Constitutional bunker.
(c) Polar extremes.
(d) Psychiatric evaluation.
6. Where does the Narrator meet his friend from East Berlin to play pinball?
7. How many friends does Lena have that dress differently than others in West Germany?
8. When the Narrator arrives home at midnight, who is he surprised to see working at window level in his building?
9. What do the banners that the Narrator sees in the countryside exhort people to do?
(a) Fight together.
(b) Pull together.
(c) Shoot together.
(d) Pull apart.
10. Which is NOT an escape method used by people trying to jump the Wall in the early 1960s?
(d) Scuba diving.
11. Who does the Narrator dream about when he takes his first visit to the DDR?
12. Who owns the building in which the Narrator lives?
13. What pain do West Germans no longer feel strongly?
14. On maps, what does the Narrator notice is missing in West Berlin?
15. What did the Narrator and Pommerer argue about the Commission on Order and Security report?
(a) Whether it was the same as that under Nazism.
(b) Whether it symbolized the power of their government.
(c) Whether it mandated suspicious activity.
(d) Whether it was sympathetic to their cause.
Short Answer Questions
1. What area does not have land mines according to Pommerer?
2. What causes the arrest of the Eastern boys?
3. What does the Narrator consider easier to understand than Berlin?
4. What is the name of the Eastern boys' friend that joins them in jumping the Wall?
5. What is the name of the Eastern boy that Pommerer tells a story about jumping the Wall?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)