|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the banners that the Narrator sees in the countryside exhort people to do?
(a) Pull together.
(b) Shoot together.
(c) Pull apart.
(d) Fight together.
2. Who clings together in a new life in the West?
(a) Southern Germans.
(b) Northern Germans.
(c) East Germans.
(d) West Germans.
3. What is Lena's family concerned about regarding West Berlin and the West in general?
(a) Whether life is livable.
(b) Whether they will lose.
(c) Whether they will fit in.
(d) Whether they will suffer.
4. What is the name of the Eastern boy that Pommerer tells a story about jumping the Wall?
5. What did Kabe claim was too quiet not to jump?
(a) His neighborhood.
(b) His friend's death.
(c) His life.
(d) His dreams.
6. When the Narrator arrives home at midnight, who is he surprised to see working at window level in his building?
7. After 30 years, what rules are significantly differently in the way people act in West and East Berlin?
(a) Of listening and learning.
(b) Of talking and behaving.
(c) Of dancing and singing.
(d) Of fighting and living.
8. Whose company does the Narrator enjoy until he dies at 70?
(a) A violinist.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A singer.
(d) A writer.
9. Who among the jumpers goes West to become a lumberjack?
10. What relations did Kabe strain through his act of jumping the Wall?
11. What lying outside the path to the door of the Narrator's building remains the same?
12. Who rarely meet outside the Narrator's building but can be distinguished by noise?
13. What does the woman with bulging eyeballs that meets with Pommerer support?
14. Whose government does the Narrator find more intrusive on citizen privacy?
15. What does the Narrator notice has been removed from all the vehicles in the West?
(a) FD insignia.
(b) AC insignia.
(c) VW insignia.
(d) LB insignia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Western publicity folk strive to avoid according to the Narrator?
2. Where have Pommerer's friends in the countryside settled into?
3. Who does the Narrator meet in Lena's family in East Berlin?
4. What kinds of escape methods from the Wall became popular in the early 1960s?
5. What do the neighbors of Pommerer's friends in the countryside gather to discuss?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)