|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Eastern boy that Pommerer tells a story about jumping the Wall?
2. On his first visit to the wall, what does the Narrator watch?
(a) Bus loads of visitors.
(b) Fighting monkeys.
(c) Singing wrestlers.
(d) Dancing troupes.
3. What is the UN resolution on the evening news about that the Narrator watches on television?
(a) Soviet invasion of Afghanisthan.
(b) Soviet invasion of Czech Republic.
(c) American invasion of Prussia.
(d) American invasion of France.
4. What did the Narrator and Pommerer argue about the Commission on Order and Security report?
(a) Whether it was the same as that under Nazism.
(b) Whether it symbolized the power of their government.
(c) Whether it mandated suspicious activity.
(d) Whether it was sympathetic to their cause.
5. How many times has Kabe jumped the Wall?
6. When the Narrator moves to Berlin, what has just gone up?
(a) The Opera.
(b) The Flag.
(c) The currency.
(d) The Wall.
7. Which is NOT an escape method used by people trying to jump the Wall in the early 1960s?
(b) Scuba diving.
8. For how many Fridays do the Eastern boys jump the Wall before they are stopped by the West Berlin patrol?
9. Whose government does the Narrator find more intrusive on citizen privacy?
10. Why do the Eastern boys jump the Wall?
(a) To get food.
(b) To go to school.
(c) To see a film.
(d) To meet some girls.
11. Who considers themselves superior based on clothing, accessories and language?
(b) East Germans.
(d) West Germans.
12. Who clings together in a new life in the West?
(a) Southern Germans.
(b) Northern Germans.
(c) East Germans.
(d) West Germans.
13. What does Wolf Biermann do for a living?
14. Who does the Narrator meet in Lena's family in East Berlin?
(a) Her father and brother.
(b) Her father and sister.
(c) Her mother and brother.
(d) Her mother and sister.
15. What do the neighbors of Pommerer's friends in the countryside gather to discuss?
(a) Food and cooking.
(b) Guests and strangers.
(c) Politics and the environment.
(d) Art and literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. On maps, what does the Narrator notice is missing in West Berlin?
2. What is Lena's family concerned about regarding West Berlin and the West in general?
3. What do BRD politicians emphasize regarding East and West Germany?
4. Where have Pommerer's friends in the countryside settled into?
5. Where does the Narrator meet his friend from East Berlin to play pinball?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)