|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many friends does Lena have that dress differently than others in West Germany?
2. On the East German map, what is lacking in the West German side?
3. What do the travelers heading west look upon the other travelers as?
(c) Zoo animals.
4. From what direction does Kabe jump the Wall?
5. On his first visit to the wall, what does the Narrator watch?
(a) Fighting monkeys.
(b) Dancing troupes.
(c) Bus loads of visitors.
(d) Singing wrestlers.
6. Which is NOT an escape method used by people trying to jump the Wall in the early 1960s?
(d) Scuba diving.
7. What is Lena's family concerned about regarding West Berlin and the West in general?
(a) Whether they will suffer.
(b) Whether they will lose.
(c) Whether life is livable.
(d) Whether they will fit in.
8. Who owns the building in which the Narrator lives?
9. Where does the Narrator exit from the metro into East Berlin?
10. What is the cordoned off section belonging to Hitler that people on both sides of the Wall stare at through binoculars?
11. Why do the Eastern boys jump the Wall?
(a) To see a film.
(b) To meet some girls.
(c) To get food.
(d) To go to school.
12. What structure zigzags through the city of Berlin?
(a) The helicopter pad.
(b) The airport.
(c) The Wall.
(d) The Russian embassy.
13. What kinds of escape methods from the Wall became popular in the early 1960s?
(a) Tightrope walking.
(d) Drugging guards.
14. When the Narrator arrives home at midnight, who is he surprised to see working at window level in his building?
15. What is the UN resolution on the evening news about that the Narrator watches on television?
(a) Soviet invasion of Czech Republic.
(b) Soviet invasion of Afghanisthan.
(c) American invasion of France.
(d) American invasion of Prussia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman with bulging eyeballs that meets with Pommerer support?
2. What does the Narrator consider easier to understand than Berlin?
3. How many times has Kabe jumped the Wall?
4. Who is the Narrator's first landlord in Berlin?
5. Where was Kabe sent because he jumped the Wall?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)