|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has Kabe jumped the Wall?
2. What relations did Kabe strain through his act of jumping the Wall?
3. On the East German map, what is lacking in the West German side?
4. Who does the Narrator meet in East Berlin that is forbidden to publish?
5. Who does the Narrator dream about when he takes his first visit to the DDR?
6. Who owns the building in which the Narrator lives?
7. Whose existence do BRD politicians deny?
(a) East German state.
(b) West German state.
8. What area does not have land mines according to Pommerer?
(a) K2 mountain top.
(b) Russian underground.
(c) Center City.
(d) Soviet Union.
9. What pain do West Germans no longer feel strongly?
10. Who do the artists in the countryside that the Narrator meets criticize that lost the privilege of going abroad?
(a) A writer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A scientist.
(d) An intellectual.
11. What did Kabe claim was too quiet not to jump?
(a) His neighborhood.
(b) His friend's death.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His life.
12. What covers the land six miles out of Berlin that the Narrator notices before they see greenery?
(b) Volcanic ash.
(c) Lime dust.
13. Who remains silent when Pommerer's friends and neighbors complain about censorship?
(c) The Narrator.
14. What does Wolf Biermann do for a living?
15. When the Narrator arrives home at midnight, who is he surprised to see working at window level in his building?
Short Answer Questions
1. On maps, what does the Narrator notice is missing in West Berlin?
2. What do the banners that the Narrator sees in the countryside exhort people to do?
3. What is vandalized consistently outside the Narrator's building?
4. What is the name of the Eastern boys' friend that joins them in jumping the Wall?
5. In the Narrator's dream, what does he fall overboard from?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)