|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pain do West Germans no longer feel strongly?
2. Which is NOT an escape method used by people trying to jump the Wall in the early 1960s?
(a) Scuba diving.
3. Who do neighbors shun in favor of those who struggle against publishers and the party?
(a) Successful writers.
(b) Successful poets.
(c) Successful designers.
(d) Successful scientists.
4. Whose existence do BRD politicians deny?
(c) West German state.
(d) East German state.
5. What does the Narrator notice has been removed from all the vehicles in the West?
(a) AC insignia.
(b) VW insignia.
(c) LB insignia.
(d) FD insignia.
6. What do the banners that the Narrator sees in the countryside exhort people to do?
(a) Pull together.
(b) Shoot together.
(c) Pull apart.
(d) Fight together.
7. For how many Fridays do the Eastern boys jump the Wall before they are stopped by the West Berlin patrol?
8. What do the neighbors of Pommerer's friends in the countryside gather to discuss?
(a) Politics and the environment.
(b) Art and literature.
(c) Food and cooking.
(d) Guests and strangers.
9. What is the cordoned off section belonging to Hitler that people on both sides of the Wall stare at through binoculars?
10. When the Narrator moves to Berlin, what has just gone up?
(a) The Opera.
(b) The currency.
(c) The Flag.
(d) The Wall.
11. What relations did Kabe strain through his act of jumping the Wall?
12. Whose company does the Narrator enjoy until he dies at 70?
(a) A writer.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A violinist.
(d) A singer.
13. Who is the Narrator's first landlord in Berlin?
14. What do Eastern and Western broadcasts emphasize?
(d) Polar opposites.
15. How many times has Kabe jumped the Wall?
Short Answer Questions
1. On the East German map, what is lacking in the West German side?
2. What do both sides of the Wall want to call Kabe?
3. Where does the Narrator exit from the metro into East Berlin?
4. Who clings together in a new life in the West?
5. On his first visit to the wall, what does the Narrator watch?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)