|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Eastern boy that Pommerer tells a story about jumping the Wall?
2. What structure zigzags through the city of Berlin?
(a) The airport.
(b) The Wall.
(c) The helicopter pad.
(d) The Russian embassy.
3. On his first visit to the wall, what does the Narrator watch?
(a) Dancing troupes.
(b) Fighting monkeys.
(c) Singing wrestlers.
(d) Bus loads of visitors.
4. What is Lena's family concerned about regarding West Berlin and the West in general?
(a) Whether they will lose.
(b) Whether they will suffer.
(c) Whether they will fit in.
(d) Whether life is livable.
5. What do both sides of the Wall want to call Kabe?
6. What relations did Kabe strain through his act of jumping the Wall?
7. What does the Narrator travel into East Berlin on?
8. Where was Kabe sent because he jumped the Wall?
(a) Polar extremes.
(b) Psychiatric evaluation.
(c) Underground cellar.
(d) Constitutional bunker.
9. What did Kabe claim was too quiet not to jump?
(a) His dreams.
(b) His life.
(c) His friend's death.
(d) His neighborhood.
10. What do the banners that the Narrator sees in the countryside say about the Soviets?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Hate them.
(c) Fight them.
(d) Love them.
11. What do Western publicity folk strive to avoid according to the Narrator?
12. What did the Narrator and Pommerer argue about the Commission on Order and Security report?
(a) Whether it was sympathetic to their cause.
(b) Whether it symbolized the power of their government.
(c) Whether it mandated suspicious activity.
(d) Whether it was the same as that under Nazism.
13. What is the cordoned off section belonging to Hitler that people on both sides of the Wall stare at through binoculars?
14. Who do neighbors shun in favor of those who struggle against publishers and the party?
(a) Successful scientists.
(b) Successful designers.
(c) Successful writers.
(d) Successful poets.
15. Who fail to curse the uncomfortable shuttle bus after landing at the Schonefield airport?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the arrest of the Eastern boys?
2. Who do the artists in the countryside that the Narrator meets criticize that lost the privilege of going abroad?
3. Who owns the building in which the Narrator lives?
4. On maps, what does the Narrator notice is missing in West Berlin?
5. What do the neighbors of Pommerer's friends in the countryside gather to discuss?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)