|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kabe claim was too quiet not to jump?
(a) His neighborhood.
(b) His friend's death.
(c) His life.
(d) His dreams.
2. Who is the Narrator's first landlord in Berlin?
3. What does the woman with bulging eyeballs that meets with Pommerer support?
4. What do the travelers heading west look upon the other travelers as?
(a) Zoo animals.
5. What camps are the Eastern boys sent to?
(a) Juvenile and reformatory.
(b) Army and youth.
(c) Mission and special education.
(d) Intelligence and counterintelligence.
6. Whose existence do BRD politicians deny?
(b) West German state.
(d) East German state.
7. What structure zigzags through the city of Berlin?
(a) The Wall.
(b) The helicopter pad.
(c) The airport.
(d) The Russian embassy.
8. What does the Narrator notice has been removed from all the vehicles in the West?
(a) FD insignia.
(b) VW insignia.
(c) AC insignia.
(d) LB insignia.
9. What did the Narrator and Pommerer argue about the Commission on Order and Security report?
(a) Whether it was sympathetic to their cause.
(b) Whether it was the same as that under Nazism.
(c) Whether it symbolized the power of their government.
(d) Whether it mandated suspicious activity.
10. Whose company does the Narrator enjoy until he dies at 70?
(a) A writer.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A singer.
(d) A violinist.
11. What pain do West Germans no longer feel strongly?
12. What area does not have land mines according to Pommerer?
(a) Russian underground.
(b) K2 mountain top.
(c) Soviet Union.
(d) Center City.
13. On maps, what does the Narrator notice is missing in West Berlin?
14. What relations did Kabe strain through his act of jumping the Wall?
15. What is vandalized consistently outside the Narrator's building?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the enormous structure in the countryside that the Narrator notices standing out?
2. What does Wolf Biermann do for a living?
3. Who does the Narrator dream about when he takes his first visit to the DDR?
4. On his first visit to the wall, what does the Narrator watch?
5. How does Kabe fool his government?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)