|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many Fridays do the Eastern boys jump the Wall before they are stopped by the West Berlin patrol?
2. Who fail to curse the uncomfortable shuttle bus after landing at the Schonefield airport?
3. What do the banners that the Narrator sees in the countryside exhort people to do?
(a) Pull apart.
(b) Pull together.
(c) Fight together.
(d) Shoot together.
4. What is vandalized consistently outside the Narrator's building?
5. What is the cordoned off section belonging to Hitler that people on both sides of the Wall stare at through binoculars?
6. What is the enormous structure in the countryside that the Narrator notices standing out?
(a) A dish.
(b) A TV antenna.
(c) A statue.
(d) A silo.
7. What does the Narrator consider easier to understand than Berlin?
(c) New York.
8. In what building does Lena find peace in that politics has not touched?
(a) A broken down villa.
(b) A courthouse.
(c) A generations-old family house.
(d) An old stately mansion.
9. What do the neighbors of Pommerer's friends in the countryside gather to discuss?
(a) Politics and the environment.
(b) Art and literature.
(c) Guests and strangers.
(d) Food and cooking.
10. What area does not have land mines according to Pommerer?
(a) K2 mountain top.
(b) Soviet Union.
(c) Center City.
(d) Russian underground.
11. On his first visit to the wall, what does the Narrator watch?
(a) Dancing troupes.
(b) Fighting monkeys.
(c) Singing wrestlers.
(d) Bus loads of visitors.
12. What lying outside the path to the door of the Narrator's building remains the same?
13. Who does the Narrator meet in Lena's family in East Berlin?
(a) Her mother and sister.
(b) Her father and brother.
(c) Her mother and brother.
(d) Her father and sister.
14. Where do Pommerer and the Narrator go to watch jazz?
(a) Friedrichstrasse station.
(b) Underground railroad.
(c) Getty museum.
(d) Hall of Young Talent.
15. What relations did Kabe strain through his act of jumping the Wall?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Narrator and Pommerer argue about the Commission on Order and Security report?
2. Who clings together in a new life in the West?
3. What does the woman with bulging eyeballs that meets with Pommerer support?
4. What kinds of escape methods from the Wall became popular in the early 1960s?
5. What is the remarkable difference between West and East-bound travelers at the Schonefield airport?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)