|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his first visit to the wall, what does the Narrator watch?
(a) Dancing troupes.
(b) Singing wrestlers.
(c) Fighting monkeys.
(d) Bus loads of visitors.
2. Where does the Narrator exit from the metro into East Berlin?
3. What are the two bars in the Narrator's building?
(a) Russian and German.
(b) German and Bolivian.
(c) English and French.
(d) Austrian and Prussian.
4. From what direction does Kabe jump the Wall?
5. What camps are the Eastern boys sent to?
(a) Juvenile and reformatory.
(b) Army and youth.
(c) Intelligence and counterintelligence.
(d) Mission and special education.
6. Who do neighbors shun in favor of those who struggle against publishers and the party?
(a) Successful scientists.
(b) Successful writers.
(c) Successful designers.
(d) Successful poets.
7. How does Kabe fool his government?
(a) He spies on them.
(b) He is unemployed and lives off the state.
(c) He fights their clinics.
(d) He burns their flags.
8. After 30 years, what rules are significantly differently in the way people act in West and East Berlin?
(a) Of dancing and singing.
(b) Of fighting and living.
(c) Of talking and behaving.
(d) Of listening and learning.
9. Who considers themselves superior based on clothing, accessories and language?
(a) West Germans.
(c) East Germans.
10. What is the cordoned off section belonging to Hitler that people on both sides of the Wall stare at through binoculars?
11. What is the UN resolution on the evening news about that the Narrator watches on television?
(a) Soviet invasion of Afghanisthan.
(b) American invasion of Prussia.
(c) American invasion of France.
(d) Soviet invasion of Czech Republic.
12. What do the travelers heading west look upon the other travelers as?
(b) Zoo animals.
13. What is Lena's family concerned about regarding West Berlin and the West in general?
(a) Whether life is livable.
(b) Whether they will lose.
(c) Whether they will suffer.
(d) Whether they will fit in.
14. Where do Pommerer and the Narrator go to watch jazz?
(a) Friedrichstrasse station.
(b) Underground railroad.
(c) Hall of Young Talent.
(d) Getty museum.
15. On maps, what does the Narrator notice is missing in West Berlin?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what building does Lena find peace in that politics has not touched?
2. What do both sides of the Wall want to call Kabe?
3. What does the Narrator travel into East Berlin on?
4. When the Narrator moves to Berlin, what has just gone up?
5. Where was Kabe sent because he jumped the Wall?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)