|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do both sides of the Wall want to call Kabe?
2. What did the Narrator and Pommerer argue about the Commission on Order and Security report?
(a) Whether it symbolized the power of their government.
(b) Whether it was the same as that under Nazism.
(c) Whether it mandated suspicious activity.
(d) Whether it was sympathetic to their cause.
3. What do the neighbors of Pommerer's friends in the countryside gather to discuss?
(a) Food and cooking.
(b) Guests and strangers.
(c) Art and literature.
(d) Politics and the environment.
4. Who does the Narrator meet in East Berlin that is forbidden to publish?
5. What do Western publicity folk strive to avoid according to the Narrator?
6. What is Lena's family concerned about regarding West Berlin and the West in general?
(a) Whether they will suffer.
(b) Whether they will fit in.
(c) Whether life is livable.
(d) Whether they will lose.
7. Why do the Eastern boys jump the Wall?
(a) To get food.
(b) To see a film.
(c) To meet some girls.
(d) To go to school.
8. Who remains silent when Pommerer's friends and neighbors complain about censorship?
(d) The Narrator.
9. How many times has Kabe jumped the Wall?
10. What causes the arrest of the Eastern boys?
(a) The Eastern coverage of the story.
(b) The American coverage of the story.
(c) The Russian coverage of the story.
(d) The Western coverage of the story.
11. Whose government does the Narrator find more intrusive on citizen privacy?
12. What is the UN resolution on the evening news about that the Narrator watches on television?
(a) American invasion of Prussia.
(b) Soviet invasion of Afghanisthan.
(c) American invasion of France.
(d) Soviet invasion of Czech Republic.
13. What covers the land six miles out of Berlin that the Narrator notices before they see greenery?
(a) Volcanic ash.
(d) Lime dust.
14. What does Pommerer claim that the West is controlled by?
15. On maps, what does the Narrator notice is missing in West Berlin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Eastern boys' friend that joins them in jumping the Wall?
2. What pain do West Germans no longer feel strongly?
3. On his first visit to the wall, what does the Narrator watch?
4. How many friends does Lena have that dress differently than others in West Germany?
5. Where do Pommerer and the Narrator go to watch jazz?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)