Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kabe fool his government?
(a) He spies on them.
(b) He burns their flags.
(c) He is unemployed and lives off the state.
(d) He fights their clinics.
2. What camps are the Eastern boys sent to?
(a) Intelligence and counterintelligence.
(b) Mission and special education.
(c) Army and youth.
(d) Juvenile and reformatory.
3. After 30 years, what rules are significantly differently in the way people act in West and East Berlin?
(a) Of fighting and living.
(b) Of talking and behaving.
(c) Of listening and learning.
(d) Of dancing and singing.
4. What do the banners that the Narrator sees in the countryside exhort people to do?
(a) Shoot together.
(b) Pull together.
(c) Pull apart.
(d) Fight together.
5. What does the Narrator travel into East Berlin on?
6. What do the travelers heading west look upon the other travelers as?
(b) Zoo animals.
7. Whose company does the Narrator enjoy until he dies at 70?
(a) A violinist.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A singer.
(d) A writer.
8. Who fail to curse the uncomfortable shuttle bus after landing at the Schonefield airport?
9. Who among the jumpers goes West to become a lumberjack?
10. Who considers themselves superior based on clothing, accessories and language?
(c) East Germans.
(d) West Germans.
11. What do Eastern and Western broadcasts emphasize?
(a) Polar opposites.
12. Which is NOT an escape method used by people trying to jump the Wall in the early 1960s?
(d) Scuba diving.
13. On the East German map, what is lacking in the West German side?
14. What is the enormous structure in the countryside that the Narrator notices standing out?
(a) A statue.
(b) A silo.
(c) A dish.
(d) A TV antenna.
15. What relations did Kabe strain through his act of jumping the Wall?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many friends does Lena have that dress differently than others in West Germany?
2. Where does the Narrator meet his friend from East Berlin to play pinball?
3. For how many Fridays do the Eastern boys jump the Wall before they are stopped by the West Berlin patrol?
4. What area does not have land mines according to Pommerer?
5. What do the neighbors of Pommerer's friends in the countryside gather to discuss?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)