|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Narrator notice has been removed from all the vehicles in the West?
(a) FD insignia.
(b) AC insignia.
(c) VW insignia.
(d) LB insignia.
2. How many times has Kabe jumped the Wall?
3. What is the name of the Eastern boys' friend that joins them in jumping the Wall?
4. On his first visit to the wall, what does the Narrator watch?
(a) Singing wrestlers.
(b) Fighting monkeys.
(c) Bus loads of visitors.
(d) Dancing troupes.
5. When the Narrator takes a cab from the station, what does the driver make fun of regarding the West?
(a) Lack of communists.
(b) Lack of jokes.
(c) Lack of rules.
(d) Lack of hygiene.
6. What are the two bars in the Narrator's building?
(a) English and French.
(b) Austrian and Prussian.
(c) German and Bolivian.
(d) Russian and German.
7. How many friends does Lena have that dress differently than others in West Germany?
8. When the Narrator arrives home at midnight, who is he surprised to see working at window level in his building?
9. On the East German map, what is lacking in the West German side?
10. What relations did Kabe strain through his act of jumping the Wall?
11. Who fail to curse the uncomfortable shuttle bus after landing at the Schonefield airport?
12. What do the neighbors of Pommerer's friends in the countryside gather to discuss?
(a) Food and cooking.
(b) Guests and strangers.
(c) Art and literature.
(d) Politics and the environment.
13. What do Western publicity folk strive to avoid according to the Narrator?
14. What covers the land six miles out of Berlin that the Narrator notices before they see greenery?
(a) Lime dust.
(d) Volcanic ash.
15. What does Wolf Biermann do for a living?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is vandalized consistently outside the Narrator's building?
2. What did the Narrator and Pommerer argue about the Commission on Order and Security report?
3. When the Narrator moves to Berlin, what has just gone up?
4. In the Narrator's dream, what does he fall overboard from?
5. Instead of outsmarting the State, what did Biermann do that evoked criticism from his peers?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)