|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fail to curse the uncomfortable shuttle bus after landing at the Schonefield airport?
2. Who owns the building in which the Narrator lives?
3. What does the Narrator notice has been removed from all the vehicles in the West?
(a) AC insignia.
(b) LB insignia.
(c) FD insignia.
(d) VW insignia.
4. What is the name of the Eastern boys' friend that joins them in jumping the Wall?
5. When the Narrator takes a cab from the station, what does the driver make fun of regarding the West?
(a) Lack of jokes.
(b) Lack of communists.
(c) Lack of rules.
(d) Lack of hygiene.
6. What does the woman with bulging eyeballs that meets with Pommerer support?
7. Who remains silent when Pommerer's friends and neighbors complain about censorship?
(b) The Narrator.
8. What relations did Kabe strain through his act of jumping the Wall?
9. Who does the Narrator meet in East Berlin that is forbidden to publish?
10. Whose government does the Narrator find more intrusive on citizen privacy?
11. What do Eastern and Western broadcasts emphasize?
(d) Polar opposites.
12. What is the UN resolution on the evening news about that the Narrator watches on television?
(a) Soviet invasion of Afghanisthan.
(b) Soviet invasion of Czech Republic.
(c) American invasion of Prussia.
(d) American invasion of France.
13. When the Narrator arrives home at midnight, who is he surprised to see working at window level in his building?
14. What do Western publicity folk strive to avoid according to the Narrator?
15. What is the name of the Eastern boy that Pommerer tells a story about jumping the Wall?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the banners that the Narrator sees in the countryside say about the Soviets?
2. What area does not have land mines according to Pommerer?
3. In the Narrator's dream, what does he fall overboard from?
4. What does the Narrator travel into East Berlin on?
5. How does Kabe fool his government?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)