|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What area does not have land mines according to Pommerer?
(a) Center City.
(b) K2 mountain top.
(c) Russian underground.
(d) Soviet Union.
2. Where do Pommerer and the Narrator go to watch jazz?
(a) Getty museum.
(b) Friedrichstrasse station.
(c) Hall of Young Talent.
(d) Underground railroad.
3. When the Narrator takes a cab from the station, what does the driver make fun of regarding the West?
(a) Lack of jokes.
(b) Lack of communists.
(c) Lack of rules.
(d) Lack of hygiene.
4. What camps are the Eastern boys sent to?
(a) Army and youth.
(b) Mission and special education.
(c) Juvenile and reformatory.
(d) Intelligence and counterintelligence.
5. Where does the Narrator exit from the metro into East Berlin?
6. What do the banners that the Narrator sees in the countryside exhort people to do?
(a) Pull apart.
(b) Pull together.
(c) Fight together.
(d) Shoot together.
7. On the East German map, what is lacking in the West German side?
8. When the Narrator moves to Berlin, what has just gone up?
(a) The Wall.
(b) The Flag.
(c) The Opera.
(d) The currency.
9. What pain do West Germans no longer feel strongly?
10. Who clings together in a new life in the West?
(a) West Germans.
(b) Southern Germans.
(c) Northern Germans.
(d) East Germans.
11. What is the UN resolution on the evening news about that the Narrator watches on television?
(a) Soviet invasion of Czech Republic.
(b) American invasion of Prussia.
(c) Soviet invasion of Afghanisthan.
(d) American invasion of France.
12. Who do neighbors shun in favor of those who struggle against publishers and the party?
(a) Successful scientists.
(b) Successful poets.
(c) Successful writers.
(d) Successful designers.
13. What does the Narrator travel into East Berlin on?
14. Why do the Eastern boys jump the Wall?
(a) To go to school.
(b) To get food.
(c) To meet some girls.
(d) To see a film.
15. Who owns the building in which the Narrator lives?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Narrator's first landlord in Berlin?
2. Who does the Narrator meet in Lena's family in East Berlin?
3. What is Lena's family concerned about regarding West Berlin and the West in general?
4. Whose existence do BRD politicians deny?
5. Who fail to curse the uncomfortable shuttle bus after landing at the Schonefield airport?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)