|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Eastern boys' friend that joins them in jumping the Wall?
2. Where have Pommerer's friends in the countryside settled into?
(a) Abandoned farm cottages.
(b) Broken down jeeps.
(c) Old industrial buildings.
(d) New barns.
3. On maps, what does the Narrator notice is missing in West Berlin?
4. Where does the Narrator meet his friend from East Berlin to play pinball?
5. On his first visit to the wall, what does the Narrator watch?
(a) Singing wrestlers.
(b) Dancing troupes.
(c) Bus loads of visitors.
(d) Fighting monkeys.
6. For how many Fridays do the Eastern boys jump the Wall before they are stopped by the West Berlin patrol?
7. Why do the Eastern boys jump the Wall?
(a) To get food.
(b) To go to school.
(c) To see a film.
(d) To meet some girls.
8. When the Narrator moves to Berlin, what has just gone up?
(a) The Flag.
(b) The Wall.
(c) The currency.
(d) The Opera.
9. What is the UN resolution on the evening news about that the Narrator watches on television?
(a) Soviet invasion of Afghanisthan.
(b) Soviet invasion of Czech Republic.
(c) American invasion of France.
(d) American invasion of Prussia.
10. What is the remarkable difference between West and East-bound travelers at the Schonefield airport?
(a) Singing and dancing.
(b) Noise and serenity.
(c) Hairstyle and practice.
(d) Expression and clothing.
11. What causes the arrest of the Eastern boys?
(a) The Russian coverage of the story.
(b) The American coverage of the story.
(c) The Western coverage of the story.
(d) The Eastern coverage of the story.
12. Who owns the building in which the Narrator lives?
13. What does Pommerer claim that the West is controlled by?
14. Who fail to curse the uncomfortable shuttle bus after landing at the Schonefield airport?
15. Instead of outsmarting the State, what did Biermann do that evoked criticism from his peers?
(a) Respect it.
(b) Accept it.
(c) Hide from it.
(d) Challenge it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who among the jumpers goes West to become a lumberjack?
2. What does the Narrator travel into East Berlin on?
3. What does the Narrator consider easier to understand than Berlin?
4. Who remains silent when Pommerer's friends and neighbors complain about censorship?
5. Where do Pommerer and the Narrator go to watch jazz?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)