|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On maps, what does the Narrator notice is missing in West Berlin?
2. What do both sides of the Wall want to call Kabe?
3. Whose existence do BRD politicians deny?
(c) West German state.
(d) East German state.
4. Who does the Narrator meet in East Berlin that is forbidden to publish?
5. What is vandalized consistently outside the Narrator's building?
6. From what direction does Kabe jump the Wall?
7. What area does not have land mines according to Pommerer?
(a) Center City.
(b) Soviet Union.
(c) Russian underground.
(d) K2 mountain top.
8. What does Pommerer claim that the West is controlled by?
9. Where was Kabe sent because he jumped the Wall?
(a) Psychiatric evaluation.
(b) Constitutional bunker.
(c) Polar extremes.
(d) Underground cellar.
10. How does Kabe fool his government?
(a) He is unemployed and lives off the state.
(b) He burns their flags.
(c) He spies on them.
(d) He fights their clinics.
11. How many times has Kabe jumped the Wall?
12. For how many Fridays do the Eastern boys jump the Wall before they are stopped by the West Berlin patrol?
13. Whose government does the Narrator find more intrusive on citizen privacy?
14. Who rarely meet outside the Narrator's building but can be distinguished by noise?
15. Which is NOT an escape method used by people trying to jump the Wall in the early 1960s?
(d) Scuba diving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Narrator's first landlord in Berlin?
2. Where does the Narrator exit from the metro into East Berlin?
3. Who remains silent when Pommerer's friends and neighbors complain about censorship?
4. What is Lena's family concerned about regarding West Berlin and the West in general?
5. Who does the Narrator meet in Lena's family in East Berlin?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)