Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. Describe Berlin from the Narrator's point of view in the airplane.
2. Describe how the East and West Germans are different at the Schöneﬁeld Airport.
3. How is the difference in the importance of the Wall shown in Western and Eastern maps?
4. What does the Wall symbolize to the West Germans?
5. Who is Wolf Biermann, mentioned in Chapter 1, and how is he described?
6. What are the Narrator's neighbors in Berlin like?
7. How does...
This section contains 876 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)