|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are in line to cross the border with the Narrator in Berlin in the final chapter?
2. How does Kabe fool his government?
(a) He fights their clinics.
(b) He spies on them.
(c) He is unemployed and lives off the state.
(d) He burns their flags.
3. Where does the Narrator wait to cross the border?
(a) Leichen Strasse.
(b) Burgen Strasse.
(c) Heine Hesse Strasse.
(d) Soviet Strasse.
4. What does the Narrator travel into East Berlin on?
5. What do the neighbors of Pommerer's friends in the countryside gather to discuss?
(a) Politics and the environment.
(b) Food and cooking.
(c) Guests and strangers.
(d) Art and literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bolle jumps the wall, what does he tell the DDR guards that he wants?
2. What do the restorers in the Narrator's building tear down?
3. Which is NOT an escape method used by people trying to jump the Wall in the early 1960s?
4. What does the woman with bulging eyeballs that meets with Pommerer support?
5. Who is searching for keys that the Narrator helps and finds lewd?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)