|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the customs man begin to dismantle that belongs to the Narrator?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A barrel.
(c) A car.
(d) A bookcase.
2. Whose existence do BRD politicians deny?
(b) West German state.
(d) East German state.
3. What is the Narrator afraid of when he wakes up in the dark in his apartment during the winter?
(a) Pommerer's essay.
(b) Lena's death.
(c) A recent parting.
(d) Robert's escape.
4. From what direction does Kabe jump the Wall?
5. Why did Bolle spend 7 years in prison?
(a) For breaking the DDR border restriction rule.
(b) For stealing tires.
(c) For being a metal worker.
(d) For lying to the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Narrator assist the customs man in dismantling his possession?
2. What is Robert's defense against worry?
3. What does the Narrator consider easier to understand than Berlin?
4. When Gartenschläger climbs up and removes a comrade along the border, what does he luckily avoid sniping?
5. What do Eastern and Western broadcasts emphasize?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)