|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gartenschläger go with an assistant to gain access to the DDR border tools?
2. What are the two bars in the Narrator's building?
(a) Austrian and Prussian.
(b) Russian and German.
(c) German and Bolivian.
(d) English and French.
3. On his first visit to the wall, what does the Narrator watch?
(a) Bus loads of visitors.
(b) Fighting monkeys.
(c) Singing wrestlers.
(d) Dancing troupes.
4. What do the neighbors of Pommerer's friends in the countryside gather to discuss?
(a) Guests and strangers.
(b) Art and literature.
(c) Politics and the environment.
(d) Food and cooking.
5. What is the Narrator fearful of in the last paragraphs of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Narrator assist the customs man in dismantling his possession?
2. What do the construction workers in the Narrator's building say that the Soviets will forbid them from doing?
3. Who does the Narrator find amiable to talk to at the border crossing?
4. What do BRD politicians emphasize regarding East and West Germany?
5. What is everything in the DDR about?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)