|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is chatty with the Narrator at the border crossing?
(a) A customs man.
(b) A friend.
(c) A priest.
(d) A guard.
2. When the Narrator moves to Berlin, what has just gone up?
(a) The Opera.
(b) The Flag.
(c) The Wall.
(d) The currency.
3. What does Bolle join when he cannot find anywhere to serve after leaving the south?
(b) West German Defense.
(c) French Foreign Legion.
4. What does the Narrator travel into East Berlin on?
5. Where does Pommerer live in 1945?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A Russian hideout.
(c) A Victorian b&b.
(d) A bunker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Narrator's uncle do for a living before he died?
2. Who is the stranger that comes to talk to Pommerer in the bar and buys a round of drinks?
3. What does the Narrator notice has been removed from all the vehicles in the West?
4. Instead of outsmarting the State, what did Biermann do that evoked criticism from his peers?
5. When Bolle jumps the wall, what does he tell the DDR guards that he wants?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)