|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pain do West Germans no longer feel strongly?
2. In what building does Lena find peace in that politics has not touched?
(a) A generations-old family house.
(b) A broken down villa.
(c) A courthouse.
(d) An old stately mansion.
3. On maps, what does the Narrator notice is missing in West Berlin?
4. What does Bolle erect to preach war against the Wall?
(a) A radio transmitter.
(b) A satellite dish.
(c) A TV antenna.
(d) A substation.
5. Where do Pommerer and the Narrator go to watch jazz?
(a) Hall of Young Talent.
(b) Underground railroad.
(c) Getty museum.
(d) Friedrichstrasse station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the arrest of the Eastern boys?
2. Who does the Narrator dream about when he takes his first visit to the DDR?
3. Why do the Narrator and Robert have to leave the cafe near the Kurfürstendamm?
4. Where are strikes occurring that the Narrator watches on television with Pommerer?
5. What relations did Kabe strain through his act of jumping the Wall?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)