|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On maps, what does the Narrator notice is missing in West Berlin?
2. When the Narrator arrives home at midnight, who is he surprised to see working at window level in his building?
3. Who does the Narrator dream about when he takes his first visit to the DDR?
4. What do the neighbors of Pommerer's friends in the countryside gather to discuss?
(a) Guests and strangers.
(b) Politics and the environment.
(c) Art and literature.
(d) Food and cooking.
5. Why do the Eastern boys jump the Wall?
(a) To go to school.
(b) To see a film.
(c) To meet some girls.
(d) To get food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are strikes occurring that the Narrator watches on television with Pommerer?
2. What do the travelers heading west look upon the other travelers as?
3. When Bolle jumps the wall, what does he tell the DDR guards that he wants?
4. After hearing Bolle's tale, whose story does Pommerer share with the Narrator in the bar?
5. When Biermann is exiled, what do his supporters in East Berlin fear?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)