|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of raping, what do the foreigners that visit where the Narrator lives in 1945, do instead?
(a) Burn effigies.
(b) Have love affairs.
(c) Buy homes.
(d) Fight indiscriminately.
2. What does the DDR employ along the border that Gartenschläger wants to have?
(a) Invisible mines.
(b) Invisible fence.
(c) Self-triggering robots.
(d) Guard bullets.
3. In what building does Lena find peace in that politics has not touched?
(a) A generations-old family house.
(b) A broken down villa.
(c) An old stately mansion.
(d) A courthouse.
4. What area does not have land mines according to Pommerer?
(a) Russian underground.
(b) Soviet Union.
(c) K2 mountain top.
(d) Center City.
5. How many friends does Lena have that dress differently than others in West Germany?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Narrator dream about when he takes his first visit to the DDR?
2. Where do Pommerer and the Narrator go to watch jazz?
3. When Bolle jumps the wall, what does he tell the DDR guards that he wants?
4. What is the enormous structure in the countryside that the Narrator notices standing out?
5. What does Pommerer fear that his phone troubles are linked to?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)