|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the stranger that buys Pommerer drinks want Pommerer to join?
(a) His train.
(b) His plant.
(c) His ship.
(d) His spy organization.
2. When Biermann is exiled, what do his supporters in East Berlin fear?
(a) A lack of spontaneity.
(b) A change in power.
(c) A ritual of control.
(d) A ransom.
3. Who remains silent when Pommerer's friends and neighbors complain about censorship?
(d) The Narrator.
4. In the Narrator's dream, what does he fall overboard from?
(a) A plane.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) A car.
(d) A boat.
5. What did the Narrator and Pommerer argue about the Commission on Order and Security report?
(a) Whether it symbolized the power of their government.
(b) Whether it was the same as that under Nazism.
(c) Whether it mandated suspicious activity.
(d) Whether it was sympathetic to their cause.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Narrator's aunt?
2. Why do the Narrator and Robert have to leave the cafe near the Kurfürstendamm?
3. Who clings together in a new life in the West?
4. What does Pommerer believe that East Germans have more of than West Germans?
5. What does Bolle erect to preach war against the Wall?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)