|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Narrator and Pommerer argue about the Commission on Order and Security report?
(a) Whether it mandated suspicious activity.
(b) Whether it was the same as that under Nazism.
(c) Whether it was sympathetic to their cause.
(d) Whether it symbolized the power of their government.
2. In the Narrator's dream, what does he fall overboard from?
(a) A plane.
(b) A boat.
(c) A car.
(d) A helicopter.
3. On the East German map, what is lacking in the West German side?
4. What did the Narrator's uncle do for a living before he died?
(a) He was a preacher.
(b) He was a poet.
(c) He was an artist.
(d) He was a mining executive.
5. After 30 years, what rules are significantly differently in the way people act in West and East Berlin?
(a) Of dancing and singing.
(b) Of listening and learning.
(c) Of talking and behaving.
(d) Of fighting and living.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Narrator and Robert have to leave the cafe near the Kurfürstendamm?
2. Where does Gartenschläger have difficulty living?
3. Whose government does the Narrator find more intrusive on citizen privacy?
4. On maps, what does the Narrator notice is missing in West Berlin?
5. What did Kabe claim was too quiet not to jump?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)