|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many friends does Lena have that dress differently than others in West Germany?
2. What covers the land six miles out of Berlin that the Narrator notices before they see greenery?
(c) Lime dust.
(d) Volcanic ash.
3. What does Bolle erect to preach war against the Wall?
(a) A TV antenna.
(b) A radio transmitter.
(c) A substation.
(d) A satellite dish.
4. Whose company does the Narrator enjoy until he dies at 70?
(a) A singer.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A writer.
(d) A violinist.
5. Instead of outsmarting the State, what did Biermann do that evoked criticism from his peers?
(a) Respect it.
(b) Challenge it.
(c) Accept it.
(d) Hide from it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is being torn down in the Narrator's neighborhood via urban renovation?
2. When Bolle is allowed to travel back and forth through Germany and is not arrested for his espionage, what does he become?
3. Why do the Narrator and Robert have to leave the cafe near the Kurfürstendamm?
4. What kinds of escape methods from the Wall became popular in the early 1960s?
5. Via what method does Bolle infiltrate the BRD?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)