|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what building does Lena find peace in that politics has not touched?
(a) A generations-old family house.
(b) An old stately mansion.
(c) A broken down villa.
(d) A courthouse.
2. Who seduces Lena but abandons her?
(a) An Italian writer.
(b) A Red Army pilot.
(c) A Russian priest.
(d) A Soviet count.
3. Which is NOT an escape method used by people trying to jump the Wall in the early 1960s?
(c) Scuba diving.
4. What do the banners that the Narrator sees in the countryside say about the Soviets?
(a) Hate them.
(b) Ignore them.
(c) Love them.
(d) Fight them.
5. What does Bolle join when he cannot find anywhere to serve after leaving the south?
(b) West German Defense.
(c) French Foreign Legion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Narrator see in a long gown in his apartment building?
2. Who clings together in a new life in the West?
3. Whose government does the Narrator find more intrusive on citizen privacy?
4. When Bolle jumps the wall, what does he tell the DDR guards that he wants?
5. What does the woman with bulging eyeballs that meets with Pommerer support?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)