|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Narrator dream about when he takes his first visit to the DDR?
2. Which is NOT an escape method used by people trying to jump the Wall in the early 1960s?
(a) Scuba diving.
3. Why do the Eastern boys jump the Wall?
(a) To go to school.
(b) To see a film.
(c) To meet some girls.
(d) To get food.
4. When Bolle offered his services to the US Army for counterintelligence, what happened?
(a) He was captured.
(b) He became a double agent.
(c) He became a spy.
(d) They turned him down.
5. Over what philosopher do Robert and the Narrator argue that brings them almost to blows?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cordoned off section belonging to Hitler that people on both sides of the Wall stare at through binoculars?
2. Instead of outsmarting the State, what did Biermann do that evoked criticism from his peers?
3. What is Lena's family concerned about regarding West Berlin and the West in general?
4. Where does Bolle erect his device to preach war against the Wall?
5. In what building does Lena find peace in that politics has not touched?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)