|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lena's family concerned about regarding West Berlin and the West in general?
(a) Whether life is livable.
(b) Whether they will lose.
(c) Whether they will fit in.
(d) Whether they will suffer.
2. What is the UN resolution on the evening news about that the Narrator watches on television?
(a) American invasion of France.
(b) American invasion of Prussia.
(c) Soviet invasion of Afghanisthan.
(d) Soviet invasion of Czech Republic.
3. What is Robert's defense against worry?
(a) Pretend it did not happen.
(b) Have a routine.
(c) Fight your opponent.
(d) Show no surprise.
4. Where do Pommerer and the Narrator go to watch jazz?
(a) Underground railroad.
(b) Friedrichstrasse station.
(c) Getty museum.
(d) Hall of Young Talent.
5. What is the enormous structure in the countryside that the Narrator notices standing out?
(a) A statue.
(b) A silo.
(c) A dish.
(d) A TV antenna.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what building does Lena find peace in that politics has not touched?
2. What pain do West Germans no longer feel strongly?
3. Who considers themselves superior based on clothing, accessories and language?
4. What lying outside the path to the door of the Narrator's building remains the same?
5. Who seduces Lena but abandons her?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)