|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Narrator and Robert have to leave the cafe near the Kurfürstendamm?
(a) Violence is breaking out.
(b) Paranoia is building up.
(c) Alarms are going off.
(d) Demonstrations are beginning.
2. What do Eastern and Western broadcasts emphasize?
(c) Polar opposites.
3. In West Germany, what does Bolle find that no one is willing to join him in doing?
(a) To escape the Wall.
(b) To climb the Wall.
(c) To destroy the Wall.
(d) To fortify the Wall.
4. Who seduces Lena but abandons her?
(a) A Red Army pilot.
(b) A Russian priest.
(c) An Italian writer.
(d) A Soviet count.
5. Over what philosopher do Robert and the Narrator argue that brings them almost to blows?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Narrator notice has been removed from all the vehicles in the West?
2. What area does not have land mines according to Pommerer?
3. Who does the Narrator meet in Lena's family in East Berlin?
4. What does Robert find always falls outside of himself when he considers events and motives?
5. What do Western publicity folk strive to avoid according to the Narrator?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)