|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who clings together in a new life in the West?
(a) East Germans.
(b) Southern Germans.
(c) Northern Germans.
(d) West Germans.
2. What lying outside the path to the door of the Narrator's building remains the same?
3. What is the name of the Eastern boy that Pommerer tells a story about jumping the Wall?
4. Where do Pommerer and the Narrator go to watch jazz?
(a) Hall of Young Talent.
(b) Underground railroad.
(c) Getty museum.
(d) Friedrichstrasse station.
5. Instead of outsmarting the State, what did Biermann do that evoked criticism from his peers?
(a) Hide from it.
(b) Challenge it.
(c) Respect it.
(d) Accept it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of escape methods from the Wall became popular in the early 1960s?
2. How does Kabe fool his government?
3. Who does the Narrator dream about when he takes his first visit to the DDR?
4. Where have Pommerer's friends in the countryside settled into?
5. For how many Fridays do the Eastern boys jump the Wall before they are stopped by the West Berlin patrol?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)