|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two bars in the Narrator's building?
(a) English and French.
(b) Russian and German.
(c) Austrian and Prussian.
(d) German and Bolivian.
2. Who fail to curse the uncomfortable shuttle bus after landing at the Schonefield airport?
3. On his first visit to the wall, what does the Narrator watch?
(a) Fighting monkeys.
(b) Dancing troupes.
(c) Singing wrestlers.
(d) Bus loads of visitors.
4. After 30 years, what rules are significantly differently in the way people act in West and East Berlin?
(a) Of talking and behaving.
(b) Of dancing and singing.
(c) Of fighting and living.
(d) Of listening and learning.
5. Who do the artists in the countryside that the Narrator meets criticize that lost the privilege of going abroad?
(a) A teacher.
(b) An intellectual.
(c) A scientist.
(d) A writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the travelers heading west look upon the other travelers as?
2. Who is the Narrator's first landlord in Berlin?
3. Who among the jumpers goes West to become a lumberjack?
4. What is the UN resolution on the evening news about that the Narrator watches on television?
5. Instead of outsmarting the State, what did Biermann do that evoked criticism from his peers?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)