|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pommerer claim that the West is controlled by?
2. Who owns the building in which the Narrator lives?
3. Whose government does the Narrator find more intrusive on citizen privacy?
4. What did the Narrator and Pommerer argue about the Commission on Order and Security report?
(a) Whether it was sympathetic to their cause.
(b) Whether it was the same as that under Nazism.
(c) Whether it mandated suspicious activity.
(d) Whether it symbolized the power of their government.
5. Who does the Narrator meet in Lena's family in East Berlin?
(a) Her father and brother.
(b) Her mother and brother.
(c) Her father and sister.
(d) Her mother and sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lena's family concerned about regarding West Berlin and the West in general?
2. What causes the arrest of the Eastern boys?
3. Who is the Narrator's first landlord in Berlin?
4. Who rarely meet outside the Narrator's building but can be distinguished by noise?
5. What kinds of escape methods from the Wall became popular in the early 1960s?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)