|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of outsmarting the State, what did Biermann do that evoked criticism from his peers?
(a) Respect it.
(b) Challenge it.
(c) Accept it.
(d) Hide from it.
2. What did Kabe claim was too quiet not to jump?
(a) His life.
(b) His friend's death.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His neighborhood.
3. On the East German map, what is lacking in the West German side?
4. After 30 years, what rules are significantly differently in the way people act in West and East Berlin?
(a) Of listening and learning.
(b) Of dancing and singing.
(c) Of fighting and living.
(d) Of talking and behaving.
5. What did the Narrator and Pommerer argue about the Commission on Order and Security report?
(a) Whether it mandated suspicious activity.
(b) Whether it was the same as that under Nazism.
(c) Whether it symbolized the power of their government.
(d) Whether it was sympathetic to their cause.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Narrator travel into East Berlin on?
2. Where does the Narrator exit from the metro into East Berlin?
3. Who do neighbors shun in favor of those who struggle against publishers and the party?
4. What kinds of escape methods from the Wall became popular in the early 1960s?
5. What is Lena's family concerned about regarding West Berlin and the West in general?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)