|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of outsmarting the State, what did Biermann do that evoked criticism from his peers?
(a) Respect it.
(b) Hide from it.
(c) Accept it.
(d) Challenge it.
2. Who is the Narrator's first landlord in Berlin?
3. Where do Pommerer and the Narrator go to watch jazz?
(a) Getty museum.
(b) Friedrichstrasse station.
(c) Underground railroad.
(d) Hall of Young Talent.
4. Whose company does the Narrator enjoy until he dies at 70?
(a) A dancer.
(b) A singer.
(c) A writer.
(d) A violinist.
5. Who do neighbors shun in favor of those who struggle against publishers and the party?
(a) Successful designers.
(b) Successful scientists.
(c) Successful writers.
(d) Successful poets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have Pommerer's friends in the countryside settled into?
2. In what building does Lena find peace in that politics has not touched?
3. What do the travelers heading west look upon the other travelers as?
4. What camps are the Eastern boys sent to?
5. When the Narrator takes a cab from the station, what does the driver make fun of regarding the West?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)