|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lena's family concerned about regarding West Berlin and the West in general?
(a) Whether they will fit in.
(b) Whether life is livable.
(c) Whether they will suffer.
(d) Whether they will lose.
2. What structure zigzags through the city of Berlin?
(a) The Wall.
(b) The Russian embassy.
(c) The helicopter pad.
(d) The airport.
3. Where do Pommerer and the Narrator go to watch jazz?
(a) Hall of Young Talent.
(b) Underground railroad.
(c) Getty museum.
(d) Friedrichstrasse station.
4. What kinds of escape methods from the Wall became popular in the early 1960s?
(a) Tightrope walking.
(d) Drugging guards.
5. Who remains silent when Pommerer's friends and neighbors complain about censorship?
(a) The Narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two bars in the Narrator's building?
2. Who considers themselves superior based on clothing, accessories and language?
3. What did Kabe claim was too quiet not to jump?
4. Who clings together in a new life in the West?
5. What do Western publicity folk strive to avoid according to the Narrator?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)