|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Eastern and Western broadcasts emphasize?
(b) Polar opposites.
2. Who among the jumpers goes West to become a lumberjack?
3. Where do Pommerer and the Narrator go to watch jazz?
(a) Friedrichstrasse station.
(b) Underground railroad.
(c) Hall of Young Talent.
(d) Getty museum.
4. What is the name of the Eastern boys' friend that joins them in jumping the Wall?
5. When the Narrator takes a cab from the station, what does the driver make fun of regarding the West?
(a) Lack of hygiene.
(b) Lack of jokes.
(c) Lack of rules.
(d) Lack of communists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose government does the Narrator find more intrusive on citizen privacy?
2. Who does the Narrator meet in Lena's family in East Berlin?
3. What pain do West Germans no longer feel strongly?
4. Who clings together in a new life in the West?
5. Who fail to curse the uncomfortable shuttle bus after landing at the Schonefield airport?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)