|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kabe claim was too quiet not to jump?
(a) His neighborhood.
(b) His life.
(c) His friend's death.
(d) His dreams.
2. Who does the Narrator dream about when he takes his first visit to the DDR?
3. On the East German map, what is lacking in the West German side?
4. What relations did Kabe strain through his act of jumping the Wall?
5. What do Eastern and Western broadcasts emphasize?
(c) Polar opposites.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Kabe sent because he jumped the Wall?
2. Where does the Narrator meet his friend from East Berlin to play pinball?
3. Who fail to curse the uncomfortable shuttle bus after landing at the Schonefield airport?
4. Who considers themselves superior based on clothing, accessories and language?
5. What do the travelers heading west look upon the other travelers as?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)