|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of escape methods from the Wall became popular in the early 1960s?
(b) Drugging guards.
(c) Tightrope walking.
2. What is refunded to the Narrator because he is smart-alecky at the border crossing?
(a) His papers.
(b) His clothes.
(c) His comforts.
(d) His fees.
3. After hearing Bolle's tale, whose story does Pommerer share with the Narrator in the bar?
4. Who helped Pommerer survive the war?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Italians.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The Americans.
5. When Biermann is exiled, what do his supporters in East Berlin fear?
(a) A ritual of control.
(b) A change in power.
(c) A lack of spontaneity.
(d) A ransom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Narrator do when Lena tries to talk to him in the final chapter?
2. What do the restorers in the Narrator's building tear down?
3. What is Lena's family concerned about regarding West Berlin and the West in general?
4. Who is the Narrator's aunt?
5. What camps are the Eastern boys sent to?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)