|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the banners that the Narrator sees in the countryside exhort people to do?
(a) Fight together.
(b) Pull together.
(c) Shoot together.
(d) Pull apart.
2. What does the DDR employ along the border that Gartenschläger wants to have?
(a) Guard bullets.
(b) Self-triggering robots.
(c) Invisible fence.
(d) Invisible mines.
3. Why do the Narrator and Robert have to leave the cafe near the Kurfürstendamm?
(a) Violence is breaking out.
(b) Demonstrations are beginning.
(c) Paranoia is building up.
(d) Alarms are going off.
4. What pain do West Germans no longer feel strongly?
5. What does the Narrator think he is more durable than?
(a) His friends.
(b) His fears.
(c) His belongings.
(d) His lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Narrator meet in Lena's family in East Berlin?
2. How is the Narrator's apartment furnished?
3. What is the enormous structure in the countryside that the Narrator notices standing out?
4. Where does Gartenschläger have difficulty living?
5. What do the construction workers in the Narrator's building think that they have a chance of winning in the Olympics?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)