|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many friends does Lena have that dress differently than others in West Germany?
2. Who do neighbors shun in favor of those who struggle against publishers and the party?
(a) Successful writers.
(b) Successful scientists.
(c) Successful poets.
(d) Successful designers.
3. What did Kabe claim was too quiet not to jump?
(a) His friend's death.
(b) His life.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His neighborhood.
4. What are the two bars in the Narrator's building?
(a) Austrian and Prussian.
(b) Russian and German.
(c) English and French.
(d) German and Bolivian.
5. On the East German map, what is lacking in the West German side?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who clings together in a new life in the West?
2. What pain do West Germans no longer feel strongly?
3. What is Lena's family concerned about regarding West Berlin and the West in general?
4. Instead of outsmarting the State, what did Biermann do that evoked criticism from his peers?
5. When the Narrator moves to Berlin, what has just gone up?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)