|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Eastern and Western broadcasts emphasize?
(a) Polar opposites.
2. Who clings together in a new life in the West?
(a) Southern Germans.
(b) Northern Germans.
(c) East Germans.
(d) West Germans.
3. Which is NOT an escape method used by people trying to jump the Wall in the early 1960s?
(d) Scuba diving.
4. Who does the Narrator meet in Lena's family in East Berlin?
(a) Her father and sister.
(b) Her mother and brother.
(c) Her mother and sister.
(d) Her father and brother.
5. What is the UN resolution on the evening news about that the Narrator watches on television?
(a) American invasion of France.
(b) Soviet invasion of Czech Republic.
(c) American invasion of Prussia.
(d) Soviet invasion of Afghanisthan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two bars in the Narrator's building?
2. What covers the land six miles out of Berlin that the Narrator notices before they see greenery?
3. What kinds of escape methods from the Wall became popular in the early 1960s?
4. On his first visit to the wall, what does the Narrator watch?
5. What is the name of the Eastern boy that Pommerer tells a story about jumping the Wall?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)