|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rarely meet outside the Narrator's building but can be distinguished by noise?
2. What do the neighbors of Pommerer's friends in the countryside gather to discuss?
(a) Food and cooking.
(b) Politics and the environment.
(c) Guests and strangers.
(d) Art and literature.
3. For how many Fridays do the Eastern boys jump the Wall before they are stopped by the West Berlin patrol?
4. What did Kabe claim was too quiet not to jump?
(a) His life.
(b) His neighborhood.
(c) His friend's death.
(d) His dreams.
5. Who do the artists in the countryside that the Narrator meets criticize that lost the privilege of going abroad?
(a) A writer.
(b) An intellectual.
(c) A scientist.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who among the jumpers goes West to become a lumberjack?
2. Who does the Narrator meet in East Berlin that is forbidden to publish?
3. Whose existence do BRD politicians deny?
4. Who clings together in a new life in the West?
5. Who fail to curse the uncomfortable shuttle bus after landing at the Schonefield airport?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)