|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do both sides of the Wall want to call Kabe?
2. Who does the Narrator meet in East Berlin that is forbidden to publish?
3. Who does the Narrator meet in Lena's family in East Berlin?
(a) Her father and sister.
(b) Her mother and brother.
(c) Her mother and sister.
(d) Her father and brother.
4. What structure zigzags through the city of Berlin?
(a) The helicopter pad.
(b) The Wall.
(c) The airport.
(d) The Russian embassy.
5. Instead of outsmarting the State, what did Biermann do that evoked criticism from his peers?
(a) Respect it.
(b) Hide from it.
(c) Accept it.
(d) Challenge it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of escape methods from the Wall became popular in the early 1960s?
2. Who owns the building in which the Narrator lives?
3. What does the woman with bulging eyeballs that meets with Pommerer support?
4. Who is the Narrator's first landlord in Berlin?
5. On his first visit to the wall, what does the Narrator watch?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)