|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What structure zigzags through the city of Berlin?
(a) The airport.
(b) The Russian embassy.
(c) The Wall.
(d) The helicopter pad.
2. What pain do West Germans no longer feel strongly?
3. Where do Pommerer and the Narrator go to watch jazz?
(a) Friedrichstrasse station.
(b) Hall of Young Talent.
(c) Getty museum.
(d) Underground railroad.
4. Who do neighbors shun in favor of those who struggle against publishers and the party?
(a) Successful writers.
(b) Successful poets.
(c) Successful designers.
(d) Successful scientists.
5. What covers the land six miles out of Berlin that the Narrator notices before they see greenery?
(b) Lime dust.
(c) Volcanic ash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who remains silent when Pommerer's friends and neighbors complain about censorship?
2. What does Pommerer claim that the West is controlled by?
3. What do Eastern and Western broadcasts emphasize?
4. Who do the artists in the countryside that the Narrator meets criticize that lost the privilege of going abroad?
5. What did Kabe claim was too quiet not to jump?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)