|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lena's family concerned about regarding West Berlin and the West in general?
(a) Whether they will suffer.
(b) Whether life is livable.
(c) Whether they will lose.
(d) Whether they will fit in.
2. What covers the land six miles out of Berlin that the Narrator notices before they see greenery?
(b) Volcanic ash.
(c) Lime dust.
3. What do the banners that the Narrator sees in the countryside exhort people to do?
(a) Pull together.
(b) Pull apart.
(c) Shoot together.
(d) Fight together.
4. What kinds of escape methods from the Wall became popular in the early 1960s?
(c) Tightrope walking.
(d) Drugging guards.
5. What must Bolle learn in the West to earn the right he forfeited earlier?
(b) How to gather data.
(c) How to fight superiors.
(d) How to arrest criminals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Kabe sent because he jumped the Wall?
2. Who rarely meet outside the Narrator's building but can be distinguished by noise?
3. What is vandalized consistently outside the Narrator's building?
4. Who do neighbors shun in favor of those who struggle against publishers and the party?
5. What does a West Berlin court declare Bolle to be?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)