|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is everything in the DDR about?
2. In Pommerer's favorite bar, what does the Narrator complain about?
(a) His stories.
(b) His fears.
(c) His hair.
(d) His age.
3. Instead of outsmarting the State, what did Biermann do that evoked criticism from his peers?
(a) Accept it.
(b) Respect it.
(c) Challenge it.
(d) Hide from it.
4. What did the Narrator and Pommerer argue about the Commission on Order and Security report?
(a) Whether it symbolized the power of their government.
(b) Whether it was sympathetic to their cause.
(c) Whether it mandated suspicious activity.
(d) Whether it was the same as that under Nazism.
5. What does Bolle erect to preach war against the Wall?
(a) A substation.
(b) A radio transmitter.
(c) A TV antenna.
(d) A satellite dish.
Short Answer Questions
1. In West Germany, what does Bolle find that no one is willing to join him in doing?
2. When Bolle offered his services to the US Army for counterintelligence, what happened?
3. Who does the Narrator meet in Lena's family in East Berlin?
4. What does a West Berlin court declare Bolle to be?
5. In what building does Lena find peace in that politics has not touched?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)