|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only traveler at the checkpoint that the Narrator sees by the border at Heinrich Heine Strasse?
(a) A man with a dog.
(b) A drunkard.
(c) A woman with a chicken.
(d) A priest.
2. What do the banners that the Narrator sees in the countryside say about the Soviets?
(a) Love them.
(b) Hate them.
(c) Ignore them.
(d) Fight them.
3. What is Lena's family concerned about regarding West Berlin and the West in general?
(a) Whether they will lose.
(b) Whether they will fit in.
(c) Whether they will suffer.
(d) Whether life is livable.
4. How long of a prison sentence does Bolle receive from a West Berlin court?
(a) 10 month.
(b) 12 month.
(c) 8 month.
(d) 5 month.
5. When the Narrator takes a cab from the station, what does the driver make fun of regarding the West?
(a) Lack of hygiene.
(b) Lack of jokes.
(c) Lack of rules.
(d) Lack of communists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is being torn down in the Narrator's neighborhood via urban renovation?
2. What do the masked people use to break the glass of storefronts near the Kurfürstendamm?
3. What is the name of the Eastern boy that Pommerer tells a story about jumping the Wall?
4. What does Pommerer claim that the West is controlled by?
5. What does Pommerer believe that East Germans have more of than West Germans?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)