|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where have Pommerer's friends in the countryside settled into?
(a) Old industrial buildings.
(b) Broken down jeeps.
(c) Abandoned farm cottages.
(d) New barns.
2. When Biermann is exiled, what do his supporters in East Berlin fear?
(a) A change in power.
(b) A lack of spontaneity.
(c) A ransom.
(d) A ritual of control.
3. What does the stranger that buys Pommerer drinks want Pommerer to join?
(a) His train.
(b) His plant.
(c) His spy organization.
(d) His ship.
4. Where does the Narrator's aunt live?
5. What is the name of the Eastern boys' friend that joins them in jumping the Wall?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many Fridays do the Eastern boys jump the Wall before they are stopped by the West Berlin patrol?
2. Who does the Narrator see in a long gown in his apartment building?
3. What is being torn down in the Narrator's neighborhood via urban renovation?
4. What did Pommerer's father leave for him for protection?
5. When Bolle jumps the wall, what does he tell the DDR guards that he wants?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)