|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the neighbors of Pommerer's friends in the countryside gather to discuss?
(a) Politics and the environment.
(b) Guests and strangers.
(c) Food and cooking.
(d) Art and literature.
2. When Gartenschläger climbs up and removes a comrade along the border, what does he luckily avoid sniping?
(a) A dog.
(b) A fence.
(c) A wire.
(d) A guard.
3. What did Pommerer's father leave for him for protection?
(a) A tank.
(b) A knife.
(c) A servant.
(d) A pistol.
4. Who do neighbors shun in favor of those who struggle against publishers and the party?
(a) Successful poets.
(b) Successful writers.
(c) Successful designers.
(d) Successful scientists.
5. Over what philosopher do Robert and the Narrator argue that brings them almost to blows?
Short Answer Questions
1. What covers the land six miles out of Berlin that the Narrator notices before they see greenery?
2. To whom does Bolle return after double crossing both the BRD and DDR?
3. In West Germany, what does Bolle find that no one is willing to join him in doing?
4. When Biermann is exiled, what do his supporters in East Berlin fear?
5. What does Bolle erect to preach war against the Wall?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)