|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bolle jumps the wall, what does he tell the DDR guards that he wants?
(a) To learn secrets.
(b) To fight with them.
(c) To return home.
(d) To give in.
2. In what building does Lena find peace in that politics has not touched?
(a) An old stately mansion.
(b) A broken down villa.
(c) A generations-old family house.
(d) A courthouse.
3. What does Robert think is a fairy tale for those who choose to not know better?
(d) Free choice.
4. How do the Western and Stasi superiors differ according to Bolle?
(a) Their decor and makeup.
(b) Their stations and power.
(c) Their guns and bullets.
(d) Their dental work and wristwatches.
5. What does the stranger that buys Pommerer drinks want Pommerer to join?
(a) His spy organization.
(b) His ship.
(c) His plant.
(d) His train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the banners that the Narrator sees in the countryside exhort people to do?
2. Where does Bolle erect his device to preach war against the Wall?
3. For how many Fridays do the Eastern boys jump the Wall before they are stopped by the West Berlin patrol?
4. When the Narrator arrives home at midnight, who is he surprised to see working at window level in his building?
5. What does the woman with bulging eyeballs that meets with Pommerer support?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)