|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Narrator travel into East Berlin on?
2. What is being torn down in the Narrator's neighborhood via urban renovation?
3. Who does the Narrator meet in Lena's family in East Berlin?
(a) Her mother and sister.
(b) Her mother and brother.
(c) Her father and sister.
(d) Her father and brother.
4. Who do the artists in the countryside that the Narrator meets criticize that lost the privilege of going abroad?
(a) An intellectual.
(b) A scientist.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A writer.
5. What kinds of escape methods from the Wall became popular in the early 1960s?
(b) Drugging guards.
(d) Tightrope walking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Bolle learn in the West to earn the right he forfeited earlier?
2. To whom does Bolle return after double crossing both the BRD and DDR?
3. When Biermann is exiled, what do his supporters in East Berlin fear?
4. What do the banners that the Narrator sees in the countryside exhort people to do?
5. Instead of outsmarting the State, what did Biermann do that evoked criticism from his peers?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)