|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gartenschläger have difficulty living?
2. What did the Narrator's uncle do for a living before he died?
(a) He was a preacher.
(b) He was an artist.
(c) He was a poet.
(d) He was a mining executive.
3. Who among the jumpers goes West to become a lumberjack?
4. What does Pommerer claim that the West is controlled by?
5. Who seduces Lena but abandons her?
(a) A Russian priest.
(b) An Italian writer.
(c) A Soviet count.
(d) A Red Army pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What camps are the Eastern boys sent to?
2. What do the banners that the Narrator sees in the countryside say about the Soviets?
3. In what building does Lena find peace in that politics has not touched?
4. Who does the Narrator meet in Lena's family in East Berlin?
5. Who is the stranger that comes to talk to Pommerer in the bar and buys a round of drinks?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)