|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks up with questions when Ill takes the stage at the town meeting in Act 3, Scene 4?
2. Where has Claire sent Hoby in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Where does Act 3, Scene 1 take place?
4. Where does Act 3, Scene 2 take place?
5. What does Claire remark that she hates in Act 3, Scene 3?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the town of Guellen. What does the exposition tell us of the town's circumstances?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of denial in The Visit. Who principally exhibits this theme and why? How does this theme relate to the historical significance of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the themes of vengeance and justice in The Visitor. How are these themes manifested and by whom? Are they successful?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)