Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire say of Sunshine Square in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Whose performance in the choir does Claire remark upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Claire call her ninth husband?
4. From what passage of the bible did the Priest make a sermon in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What was Claire's father's occupation?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the elements of tragedy in the play. What staging characteristics are similar to Greek Tragedy? What themes are relevant to both?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Greed" as it applies to the play. Which characters embody greed? How is this represented?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss "motif" and "symbolism" in the play. How does the author use these techniques to represent thematic ideas?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)