|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author compare the character of Claire to in the postscript?
2. What does Claire say you have husbands for in Act 3, Scene 3?
3. Whose performance in the choir does Claire remark upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. The author in the postscript says the characters speak as befits what in the final scene?
5. What establishment did Claire send the eunuchs to in Act 3, Scene 3?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the elements of Absurdism, Epic Theater, Satire, and Comedy in The Visitor. Name specific examples of each within the text and define the terms in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Examine and analyze the character of Ill. How does this character come to embody a tragic hero? What transition does he make in the course of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the terms "action" and "objective" in relation to the character of Claire. Describe some of the actions this character takes and the motivating forces behind them.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)