|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author write gives rise to speech in the postscript?
2. The author in the postscript says the characters speak as befits what in the final scene?
3. What was Claire's father's name in the play?
4. What kind of car does Hoby have?
5. What is Mrs. Ill referring to when she says in Act 3, "They're in fashion today"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the elements of tragedy in the play. What staging characteristics are similar to Greek Tragedy? What themes are relevant to both?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the terms "action" and "objective" in relation to the character of Claire. Describe some of the actions this character takes and the motivating forces behind them.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the overall irony of The Visit. What in the outcome of the play is ironic about the two main characters and their situations?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)