|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Schoolmaster claim the town is "not" moved by in its actions in Act 3, Scene 4?
2. Whose performance in the choir does Claire remark upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Who tries to speak up to the reporters in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. What did the choir perform in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What does the author claim that Claire does not represent in the play?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Greed" as it applies to the play. Which characters embody greed? How is this represented?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss "motif" and "symbolism" in the play. How does the author use these techniques to represent thematic ideas?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the elements of Absurdism, Epic Theater, Satire, and Comedy in The Visitor. Name specific examples of each within the text and define the terms in your answer.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)