|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom was Claire's shortest marriage?
2. What does the author write gives rise to speech in the postscript?
3. The Schoolmaster says in his speech to the townspeople in Act 3, Scene 4, "Have we not always been a ____ community?"
4. The author claims in the postscript that he has depicted people in the play and not what?
5. What does the Schoolmaster claim is the root of much evil in Act 3, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of power and control in the play. How does Claire embody this theme? What choices has she made which contribute to this?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Greed" as it applies to the play. Which characters embody greed? How is this represented?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of the Priest and the Schoolmaster. How are their moral values different? How are the characters alike?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)